Jump to content
MzPenny

blank

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

blank

Edited by MzPenny
I felt unwanted and well.. wish I hadn't come here and I couldn't figure out how to delete the stupid thing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Letting people rezz in very few areas only ...well lets say everyone ever been on a public sandbox knows WHY this is just the only clever thing to do! Everything else you want to rezz ...rezz it on YOUR parcel!

Want food or a pet? There are a lot of attachable choices nower days have fun like and the rest of the time jsut enjoy more on your parcel ^^

I think its amazing already, they let us rezz vehicles and let us travel freely around the regions without banlines and stuff I just love it like that everything else would be suicide for the regions!

Not everyone in SL means only good things, and there surely would be people abusing that so I am actually glad its that way! :)

Family? Well they gave you EVERYTHING  you need in the package for your house, just build yourself rooms by making extra walls, et voila ^^

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MzPenny said:

- Picnic Areas (all common areas really):   Why could we not rezz there?

- Not enough rezz areas period. You know the dreaded … you cross a sim and poof your car or bike is gone?

-Last but not least, would love to see a few ball fields. In real life, communities use these for carnivals, festivals, farmer markets, community celebrations etc. Let us REZZ there (again use auto return). So if we want to hold a Bellisseria event we can do so without troubling you guys every time. If you're worried about overlapping.. put someone in charge of scheduling time for the fields or better yet, have a website where premium members can reserve one for their event.

 

Hi MzPenny, my thoughts:

Picnic areas (rezzing) - even if they were set to auto return I think there could be down sides with griefers or people rezzing stuff they shouldn't be in the area, so I don't see this ever happening.

- Rez zones - yes this has been discussed elsewhere and requested. The LL folks have actually set one up by some of the new houseboat areas (it's in another thread somewhere), so we may well see more coming

- Events: The Bellisseria Fairgrounds island has been set up just for that purpose. Community events will be able to be held there (again the info is somewhere, not sure where now).

If I get a chance to post links to more info I will (can't promise though :) )

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly and its not only griefers! 

Theres so many reasons why this is just a bad idea :3

LL needs to make sure the regions keeps the rating it got, people could rezz adult items for example there and well we all know what I mean! XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, griefers are a concern, but mostly, in my experience, most people are decent. I've owned mainland next to a major road with Build enabled for everyone for over 10 years and it's been extremely rare for me to have anyone rez anything unpleasant in all that time. Having a short autoreturn would mitigate the litter that is more common in areas with build on. 

Personally I think it would be lovely to be able to rez food, chairs, all kinds of whatevers in public areas. It would make for nice photos, pleasant "outings" and generally make exploring quite fulfilling, I don't think it's a stupid suggestion at all. The ONLY concern would be griefers putting harmful scripted objects there, and most people are not griefers. 

 

ETA: I'm a kid av myself, I totally get the thing where it would be great to have family style homes on Bellisseria, but it's just not what they're for. There's a lot you can do with third-party partition walls and so on, but family communities are for families, for those of us who choose to RP that life, Bellisseria is beautiful and tempting but it's for the average Resident who is a single person or a couple.

Edited by Nivaya Barbosa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to have a picnic in a common area, why not just make it up and describe it to each other as you go along? /me looks in the basket and pulls out a TARDIS. OK, who wants carry out and from which galaxy? :D

(Offered in the spirit of a potentially useful suggestion)

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

If you want to have a picnic in a common area, why not just make it up and describe it to each other as you go along? /me looks in the basket and pulls out a TARDIS. OK, who wants carry out and from which galaxy? :D

This made me chuckle because this is what my grandad and I would do when I was little when we'd walk the dog. Sit out on picnic tables in the park and I'd be all like "and I'll have pizza and there's chicken for grandma and you can have a steak..." and so on. I'd forgotten all about that until just now. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MzPenny said:

blank

I don't understand feeling "unwanted" as you said up above just because people did not agree with your idea. No one was rude. They just explained why they felt it was a bad idea.

People really need to be prepared to have responses that may not agree with them when they post on forums. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

What was all that about? ... he / she deleted everything so the answeres don't seem to make sense.

Evangeline quoted some of it above. Still not sure why the OP took offense and left. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

What was all that about? ... he / she deleted everything so the answeres don't seem to make sense.

First responder didn't paste the OP :/ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

♥️Things can get lost in translation and perception. Hugs MzPenny  ,,,hugs  hugs hugs ,,,, times i felt that way as well , i  do.

  And  i  thank her for her observations . ♥️truth.thumb.jpg.a820be00e4f83264b041c763faef77ce.jpg

Edited by roseelvira
page freezing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the early days of Bellisseria, when they put in the boat rez areas, they forgot to turn on auto-return on the one by my boat.

In less than 24 hours, there were demo boxes, boats parked and abandoned, and signs littered all over it. 

I think it's less about griefers (though they'd certainly show up, too) but people leaving their messes behind. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think it's less about griefers (though they'd certainly show up, too) but people leaving their messes behind. 

And the limited available LI left over in the first place after the Moles have decorated everything for us (not to mention the other rez areas already in place).

We can have big empty bland spaces where people can rez to their hearts' content (a/k/a sandboxes), or we can have lovely landscaped parks and gathering areas where we can enjoy what has been placed there for us by the region designers. I know which i prefer to see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have suggested before the ablility to rez on some common areas like parks, pools, beaches, etc. Technically there is no difference between doing this and having public rez zones, as they would operate the exact same way.

That would be a great idea indeed. Imagine being able to go to the beach, rez your own chair or towel, and sit on it. Of course, if you unsit it will return. Same case for parks. Being able to rez a lawn chair, a picnic cloth, maybe a tent for camping out, a BBQ Grill... of course and again, would have to sit on them as long as you are using them, but is better than nothing.

Patch, i know you read all this stuff, please consider this ideas, it would be engine for nice pictures by residents (free marketing *wink wink*).

Plus... It allows informal gatherings and events, making these areas more usefull and active. Residents wont be required to go all the way to request an use of space for every single thing, they can simply plan something by their own and make it happen.

Edited by Seba Serpente
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nivaya Barbosa said:

This made me chuckle because this is what my grandad and I would do when I was little when we'd walk the dog. Sit out on picnic tables in the park and I'd be all like "and I'll have pizza and there's chicken for grandma and you can have a steak..." and so on. I'd forgotten all about that until just now. 

Oh that's wonderful 🧡🧡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MP has wearable lawn chairs, wearable beach towels, wearable tents, and even wearable BBQ grills. No rez rights needed, and they use none of the limited available LI. Everyone can just wear their own and no need to worry about litter or clean up afterward. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

I actually have suggested before the ablility to rez on some common areas like parks, pools, beaches, etc. Technically there is no difference between doing this and having public rez zones, as they would operate the exact same way.

That would be a great idea indeed. Imagine being able to go to the beach, rez your own chair or towel, and sit on it. Of course, if you unsit it will return. Same case for parks. Being able to rez a lawn chair, a picnic cloth, maybe a tent for camping out, a BBQ Grill... of course and again, would have to sit on them as long as you are using them, but is better than nothing.

Patch, i know you read all this stuff, please consider this ideas, it would be engine for nice pictures by residents (free marketing *wink wink*).

Plus... It allows informal gatherings and events, making these areas more usefull and active. Residents wont be required to go all the way to request an use of space for every single thing, they can simply plan something by their own and make it happen.

I agree on the limited rez zones, but a few public places would be nice to have opened up to the same rez restrictions elsewhere.  I think the auto return is 2 minutes?. This would allow family, friends to rez a picnic blanket (you'd have to sit on this) and use the rezzable attachment props to enjoy an outing without the concern of prim trash pilling up in any given area. A few parks and beaches with this availability might be a nice addition to the community, but certain not all places.  That'd be a headache.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

MP has wearable lawn chairs, wearable beach towels, wearable tents, and even wearable BBQ grills. No rez rights needed, and they use none of the limited available LI. Everyone can just wear their own and no need to worry about litter or clean up afterward. 

I have some of those, very nice. Or I end up modifying my own and have some wearable attachment props where you don't have to have rez rights. Its the ambiance I think that people are seeking for their outings. I do wish though, that LL had some nice music streamed on LL land between resident parcels.  I end up playing my own music stream though. 🎵

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

I actually have suggested before the ablility to rez on some common areas like parks, pools, beaches, etc. Technically there is no difference between doing this and having public rez zones, as they would operate the exact same way.

That would be a great idea indeed. Imagine being able to go to the beach, rez your own chair or towel, and sit on it. Of course, if you unsit it will return. Same case for parks. Being able to rez a lawn chair, a picnic cloth, maybe a tent for camping out, a BBQ Grill... of course and again, would have to sit on them as long as you are using them, but is better than nothing.

Patch, i know you read all this stuff, please consider this ideas, it would be engine for nice pictures by residents (free marketing *wink wink*).

Plus... It allows informal gatherings and events, making these areas more usefull and active. Residents wont be required to go all the way to request an use of space for every single thing, they can simply plan something by their own and make it happen.

 

4 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I agree on the limited rez zones, but a few public places would be nice to have opened up to the same rez restrictions elsewhere.  I think the auto return is 2 minutes?. This would allow family, friends to rez a picnic blanket (you'd have to sit on this) and use the rezzable attachment props to enjoy an outing without the concern of prim trash pilling up in any given area. A few parks and beaches with this availability might be a nice addition to the community, but certain not all places.  That'd be a headache.

 

For the areas that are already built, this has been explained before by Abnor and others.  They have to make sure that there is enough LI ALWAYS available in the region for EVERY house in that region to change to the largest LI of all of them.  Additionally, they have to have LI available for the vehicles that come through.  Even with auto-return, if they allowed open rezzing at the various gathering spots, before you know it, all of the LI in the region would be used up (people rezzing and then sitting on things would prevent it from auto-returning) and vehicles couldn't enter or someone wouldn't be able to change the style of their house or possibly even things would start getting returned -- and it never fails in that scenario that the items returned are never the the items you want returned.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

For the areas that are already built, this has been explained before by Abnor and others.  They have to make sure that there is enough LI ALWAYS available in the region for EVERY house in that region to change to the largest LI of all of them.  Additionally, they have to have LI available for the vehicles that come through.  Even with auto-return, if they allowed open rezzing at the various gathering spots, before you know it, all of the LI in the region would be used up (people rezzing and then sitting on things would prevent it from auto-returning) and vehicles couldn't enter or someone wouldn't be able to change the style of their house or possibly even things would start getting returned -- and it never fails in that scenario that the items returned are never the the items you want returned.

You make a good point there, Jewell.  I suppose the next suggestion is for creator's to make more attachment props of blankets, lawn chairs, etc when traveling out of one's parcel lines in Bellisseria. OR ask a mole to create a family picnic blanket with BBQ grill, that has rez props for the stuff people are asking for in some of these community areas. 🤔

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

For the areas that are already built, this has been explained before by Abnor and others.  They have to make sure that there is enough LI ALWAYS available in the region for EVERY house in that region to change to the largest LI of all of them.  Additionally, they have to have LI available for the vehicles that come through.  Even with auto-return, if they allowed open rezzing at the various gathering spots, before you know it, all of the LI in the region would be used up (people rezzing and then sitting on things would prevent it from auto-returning) and vehicles couldn't enter or someone wouldn't be able to change the style of their house or possibly even things would start getting returned -- and it never fails in that scenario that the items returned are never the the items you want returned.

this doesnt applies for all the regions, there are many regions with plenty of available prims (mostly coastline regions), is all about planning, but prims is certainly not an excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...