credit card transactions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, th3curs3d said:

im hesitant to buy stuff on here using my creditcard cuz im a new user when yiu get your bill in the mail how does sl show up on the transactions list that shows up on the back of the bill 

Not sure, but PayPal is possibly a better way to go for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

I would strongly recommend you add your paypal account to your SL account and use that to buy L$ in advance. Read up on how to buy L$ on the Lindex directly, it's a lot simpler than it might seem and you will be getting the most L$ for your US$.

It's a little wordy, but worth reading - https://beccapet.datahamster.com/2017/07/05/show-me-the-money/

If you get really stuck on this, be happy to walk you though it via IM in world

I do not recommend you pull out the credit card for each and every individual market place purchase, that is probably the most expensive way to shop.

• Like 1

Personally, my best credit card gives me a better % kickback than paypal.  Not sure what's so special about using paypal.  Placing limit orders on Linden Exchange is the way to go, but paypal is an uncorrelated independent variable. 

1 hour ago, Erwin Solo said:

Personally, my best credit card gives me a better % kickback than paypal.  Not sure what's so special about using paypal.  Placing limit orders on Linden Exchange is the way to go, but paypal is an uncorrelated independent variable. 

Yeah, I've considered switching over to my credit card simply for the rewards that it gives me that PayPal (and associated checking account) doesn't.  At the minimum, I should at least do that for the Premium fee for each of my accounts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Hmm I mean I could be totally wrong but I dont think this has anything to do with how secure her method is. The question asked was, how it will show up on her CC statement that is sent in the mail... I'd say tell your better half you are in SL spending money and dont try to hide it. Lol.. I mean that's how I'm seeing the question. Anyone else? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Hmm I mean I could be totally wrong but I dont think this has anything to do with how secure her method is. The question asked was, how it will show up on her CC statement that is sent in the mail... I'd say tell your better half you are in SL spending money and dont try to hide it. Lol.. I mean that's how I'm seeing the question. Anyone else? 

I read it the same way and Erwin answered the OP - then tangents........

• Like 1

12 hours ago, th3curs3d said:

im hesitant to buy stuff on here

Just in case: You don't buy things in Second Life directly with your payment method of choice. You buy Linden Dollars for real life money and then spend it. It will show up as an transaction towards Linden Lab (the company operating/owning Second Life). Nobody will see what you did with that money within Second Life, so go and buy that naughty stuff ;)

But if you plan on hiding that you spend money on SL, thats going to be difficult

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, th3curs3d said:

im hesitant to buy stuff on here using my creditcard cuz im a new user when yiu get your bill in the mail how does sl show up on the transactions list that shows up on the back of the bill 

Maybe i'm stupid but... Why do you care about what shows up on your CC bill?

While the OP did say "im hesitant to buy stuff on here using my creditcard", the rest of the post ('how does sl show up on the transactions list that shows up on the back of the bill') indicates that the fear is not that the card might get compromised, but what exactly will show on the credit card statement -- which basically translates to "I don't want others in my house to know what I'm buying in SL".

While the credit card statement will not show the specific purchases in SL, it will show that you paid Linden Lab some money.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

(Ignore that post by TheDarkhand, he's just messin' with ya.)

Your payment method (whether a credit card, or a PayPal or Skrill account) is used to buy Linden Dollars ($L), and to pay for certain services offered by Linden Lab (Premium membership dues, monthly land tier if you own more than 1024 sq. m. of Mainland, etc.)  Charges to your payment method show up as being paid to "Linden Research Inc."

You buy all that stuff you see on the Marketplace, or in the stores in world, with $L.  That never shows up on any of your Real Life institutions' records.  But you can see what you bought, and when, with your Transaction History and your Marketplace History reports, which are available to you here on this web site.

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While the OP did say "im hesitant to buy stuff on here using my creditcard", the rest of the post ('how does sl show up on the transactions list that shows up on the back of the bill') indicates that the fear is not that the card might get compromised, but what exactly will show on the credit card statement -- which basically translates to "I don't want others in my house to know what I'm buying in SL".

While the credit card statement will not show the specific purchases in SL, it will show that you paid Linden Lab some money.

Gotta teach fam not to open mail that's not addressed to them :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

Read up on how to buy L$ on the Lindex directly, it's a lot simpler than it might seem and you will be getting the most L$ for your US$.

... I think I knew somewhere that this was a thing, but I've always been too lazy and just tend to buy my L$ through the viewer. I should go check that out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.