I have a question I am not sure where to go to for help

Arlene Islay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As I said I am the Event Co-Ordinator for Greased Lightning; and was trying to post a notice for a new DJ and when I tried to post my entry it came back with this on the top.  The only thing I changed was the name of the dj and the dj's name is Happy Binder.  What is wrong with the dj's name

Event title is:  DJ HAPPY BINDER AT GREASED LIGHTNING! 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's CLASSIC ROCK and OLDIES 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s

how am I suspossed to change that.  I have no control over what someone calls themselves.

Please correct the following:

• The event title or description contains text that is not allowed. Please reword your event.

9 answers to this question

Just now, Arlene Islay said:

As I said I am the Event Co-Ordinator for Greased Lightning; and was trying to post a notice for a new DJ and when I tried to post my entry it came back with this on the top.  The only thing I changed was the name of the dj and the dj's name is Happy Binder.  What is wrong with the dj's name

Event title is:  DJ HAPPY BINDER AT GREASED LIGHTNING! 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's CLASSIC ROCK and OLDIES 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s

how am I suspossed to change that.  I have no control over what someone calls themselves.

Please correct the following:

• The event title or description contains text that is not allowed. Please reword your event.

Maybe its not the name but the long title of the event is too many characters?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arlene Islay said:

I have dj's with longer names and I tried using just Happy as well with the same response

ehm.. the dj name isn't really the problem i think but

DJ HAPPY BINDER AT GREASED LIGHTNING! 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's CLASSIC ROCK and OLDIES 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s
how about

DJ Happy Binde at Greased Lightning!... Classic Rock and Oldies from 50 til 90's 

is less shouting and lottttsss shorter....

7 hours ago, Arlene Islay said:

there is no shouting in our club

writing in caps = shouting

7 hours ago, Arlene Islay said:

the decision was made for us to use that exact format so that we hit more people looking for a place to go

i can assure you.. titles in just caps won't give your desired effect.

14 hours ago, Arlene Islay said:

DJ HAPPY BINDER AT GREASED LIGHTNING! 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's CLASSIC ROCK and OLDIES 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s

Try writing it in normal fashion (Upper/lower case), but use the editor to bolden and italicize what you are trying to convey. Also, lose the ' in the years (50's, 60's, 70's...)

DJ Happy Binder at Greased Lightning! 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s Classic Rock and Oldies. Delete the final 50s, 60s, 70s 80s and 90s. That's redundant.

This is just a shot in the dark. I have never seen a subject line being kicked back with the reasoning they are telling you.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.