Linden Traditional Homes Texture Pack

Monty Jazzhands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Elphaba Broome said:

I found the texture packs, but how do you apply them?  Are you supposed to add the packs to the house controller?  Do you drag individual textures to the walls or floors?  I have tried both and it doesn't work.  

The textures inside the texture packs are for using if you want to build additional add-ons etc (like a partition wall) and want to use similar colors and textures as those used in the house already. 

If you want to change the color of the existing house exterior or interior, you need to use the functionality provided by the house controller for changing colors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Elphaba Broome said:

I found the texture packs, but how do you apply them?  Are you supposed to add the packs to the house controller?  Do you drag individual textures to the walls or floors?  I have tried both and it doesn't work.  

Also there are lots of folks making wall add-ons for the various builds of houses and houseboats so you could buy one of those sets and then presumably add your textures to those mesh objects.  OR you can learn to build your own.  That works too!  We have some brand new creators just because they wanted what they wanted ---- and good for them!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Alumna Cornell said:

It's not entirely clear from the more recent comments on this thread if folks are aware of the update to the Traditional content pack (announced by Patch on 17 September) which now contains the floor textures! You need to grab it from your mailbox.

AND the roof textures, which many have also been asking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elphaba Broome said:

Perhaps this fact hasn't yet been pointed out clear enough:

The actual house (or boat or camper) doesn't belong to you but to the moles. You cannot change it in any way and on the other hand it isn't counted against your prim allowance. So the only way you can use the textures is to build addons. Also you can cover the walls with transparent meshwalls (or just one simple flat prim) if you want wallpaper patters or colours that are not provided for all your rooms (or just one wall).

There are tons of lovely addons on the MP - just search for "Linden homes"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cassie200294 said:

Yes Patch hasn't really explained it very well, I thought they were extra to our houses etc ..

He probably wrote it from the point of view of responding directly to the people that had asked for those textures - and they would have known what they could be used for - without realizing that some newer folks might be confused

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.