What could the next new continent theme be modeled after?

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I have a soft spot for the Meadowbrook as it was my first Linden home almost 10 years ago.  I would love to see an update like this beauty here.

fd0c3596b59192c86f5fdc192152f4c7.jpg

There was a home demo at the ACS event recently that was  very a similar style to this...I kept visiting it thinking I wish I could get it lol. But was too big for my land and I think it was out of my budget too:(  But it was so nice. This...on a waterfront...that would be great.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

I don't have any good guesses as to what the next theme could be. But I'm thinking that maybe it could be something quite different to what we've seen that will have variations of that for the following themes. For example if we look at the Trads, Vics - they are really quite similar in terms of the bare bones of the homes themselves and in the basic landscaping. So the strategy could have been 'reuse' (I use the term 'reuse' in a loose kind of way - obviously trads and vics aren't identical but they are pretty much the same in terms of the physical structure, you could even say the log homes to a degree too, so perhaps base parts of the houses such as walls, doors etc. were made then reused in each style) which would make sense if you don't want to take even longer to roll a project out by having each theme wildly different and designing the component parts of the homes from scratch each time (by comparison think how different each of the 4 home themes were from each other for the first gen homes).  Similarly the landscaping of the campers and log homes is alike, so again 'reuse' to a degree. 

So perhaps the next theme will be something new and very different to what has been rolled out, part of which will be able to be 'reused' as a different style (landscaping and/or homes) for the following themes.  Either that or we will see the next few themes being similar in terms of what's gone before in landscaping or build to trads/vics/log homes, with maybe one or two variations of homes like we had with campers and houseboats thrown in there too.

Or I could be spouting nonsense lol. It's as far as my imagination is able to go at the moment since I can't possible know what they have in store next. I do hope we are teased with some clues soon!!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 5:15 PM, Fauve Aeon said:

Montmartre

cb760aa68a47f939d87d483d90810076.jpg

i could live in a street like this

i saw some chat from some Moles on these forums previously about how parcels would need to be partitioned to do something like this

the 4m parcel seperator might need to be removed for some of this styles of homes. Given that the biggest visual obstacle to direct adjoining parcels is on-screen banline tape leaking thru walls, but also given that parcel banlines can't be set on the new Linden Home continents then this visual obstacle would not be present

so what could work with terrace housing is parcels 16m x 64m. Long and narrow.  Home fronting the street, with space for a garden and/or garage at the rear.  Some of the houseboat parcels are shaped like this

I feel that all the releases has landscape from the temperate zones. Someone can place a palm or two on their houseboat, but all the LL plants are from the same theme. My southwestern cabin decor clash with what I see on the outside. So my outside is in theme with the other plants, I can't really make a desert. We get a new type trees for Victorians and cabins, but the rest is much the same.

I would like modern houses, really modern, without painted panel. Placed in a different landscape.

• Like 5

@Evangeline Arcadia The planting and landscaping around the log homes is really nice, but I'm not excited by the homes themselves. Maybe because they do feel quite similar to what has gone before, and also the colour scheme of the exteriors are so limited. I'm guessing some would say that limited palette leads to more realism. I was really trying to work out what was going on for me, and whether current global climate was affecting my view, because objectively, the new regions are quite lovely, it's just I'm not feeling a connection emotionally.
Maybe the region cloning, and the recycling of elements is simply a response to what can realistically be produced in a reasonable timescale.
I'd love to be really surprised by the next theme though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.