What could the next new continent theme be modeled after?

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Erm, not sure why all this blasting on San Francisco ended up on the post thread I did about Mediterranean themed homes. Personally I like San Francisco, its a beautiful city. Homelessness is an issue in every town, city you go to, some more extreme than others. But this topic has nothing to do with RL issues people hold about these things.  Can we turn the focus on this thread back to LL themed homes and what the next continent might be? Thank you very much. 1942661306_20160401-google-mic-drop-minion-april-fools.0(1).gif.626af382ae871c076a2b214854b05c17.gif

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This link was shared in a Discord channel and when I watched it it made me think of the vision of a new continent done in a European style with various themes from different EU countries.  Its a gorgeous film and the region designs breathtaking.  Could a new Linden Labs premium home continent resemble something akin to these ideas? I'd be first on the list to nab me one of those Mediterranean  homes! @Patch Linden  *very strong hint hint hint*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Could a new Linden Labs premium home continent resemble something akin to these ideas

For those who don't watch the whole thing, this amazing film was evidently done by contract sim builders who also rent out the properties in it.  It is, essentially, a piece of marketing collateral.

https://soul2soulsl.com/

I say, @Patch Linden, do NOT build environments like these gorgeous pieces. 

Please let's let these folks make a few bucks utilizing their considerable talents before Linden Homes poach their market, eh?

:)

The video link I dropped was not with intent to poach anything, but a visual for those (not Lindens or moles) that were unsure what a EU type theme could be in Linden premium homes. I first posted this thread back in June of 2019, the video came out in July of 2019.  Whatever new creation the Lindens and Moles build will be unique and all their own talent, I'm sure.

Linden Labs built Bellisseria, an Americana theme in home model styles.  It has been mentioned that they would do more continents and more themes down the road. For now Bellisseria is still expanding.  I think the suggestion was maybe 8 themes in total for this continent. Then possibly a new continent comes next?  I've had my hopes that they might base the next continent on European styled theme homes.

• Like 3

Thank you sharing the video @PrudenceAnton, I could recognize some of the milestones, it was fun to watch, but I am afraid there is no 'European homes', since we'd be talking about completely different nationalities, cultures and climates.... We don't come to an agreement in anything in here....

I would be in tears if we could have a Mediterranean home, but the landscape in the video does not reflect the actual one. All old trees, sand and groves were missing

Oh wow, am I negative today 🤣 🤣    Linden Labs and Moles, I am in if you need tips for the Mediterranean theme!!!

Again, thank you for sharing. My avi still dreams of something like this

2terrraza.jpeg

1Lago.jpeg

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

I am wondering why some users posted the whish for adult themed New Orleans regions at another page of this thread. 
I mean, what would be the benefit? The Belli regions are moderate. Which means we are allowed to run around naked or surf the waters topless or whatever we want. 
The only thing that is different on adult regions is that sexual actions may take place in public, and you are allowed to run around with a boner. Sorry for speaking so frankly, lol, but I really really don't get this wish. Maybe some people should read the TOS about region types again. We really do not need adult Belli regions.
If one really wants sex at the parkbench or in a crowded club, there are lots of places to visit.......what is so bad about "doing it" in your Belli Bedroom? :)

Edited by Anidusa Carolina
  • Like 2

Would love to see...

Brownstones

bfc5217e19643e653be0d3245e43f9ff.png

https://gyazo.com/bfc5217e19643e653be0d3245e43f9ff

With...

Roundabout Roads

c0129bdbe97e58e11cbef43fabfd9515.png
https://gyazo.com/c0129bdbe97e58e11cbef43fabfd9515

... a Community Park

abefd4145e8411cc9d7f2cdaa2ff0a38.png
https://gyazo.com/abefd4145e8411cc9d7f2cdaa2ff0a38

and....

Waterfront Loft Apartments

1a79c778d91ed3645f3d9109c4cba1ec.png
https://gyazo.com/1a79c778d91ed3645f3d9109c4cba1ec

....a gal can only dream......

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I love those sort of houses and also the big terrace types like London has, Eaton Place type.

I'm thinking it's unlikely that the Moles, or Lindens in charge would have an emotional attachment to this style so it is unlikely to get promoted as an idea unfortunately :(

• Like 1

From reading the forums so many people want water. How about a region based on rivers & canals. This could follow many different themes, from French canal homes, Venetian type areas, canal boat moorings, small island & inlets for shacks or camping. There are so many ideas & themes based around water & it may help with the current Game Of Homes situation with so many people abandoning until they get a water view.

• Like 6

Just now, Tamara Adored said:

From reading the forums so many people want water. How about a region based on rivers & canals. This could follow many different themes, from French canal homes, Venetian type areas, canal boat moorings, small island & inlets for shacks or camping. There are so many ideas & themes based around water & it may help with the current Game Of Homes situation with so many people abandoning until they get a water view.

That's a great idea, so many do want a water view!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tamara Adored said:

I'd love those, little islands especially. I know some people are thinking 'Why not just get a houseboat'? For myself and I think many others we're looking for some land and water, not just water

• Like 6

I would like a house/shack/whatever sort of building near water .. with water access like the houseboats and ability to rez boats on a private pier or beach -  .... i so would go for them! May be even with a tropical flair .... Would just add greatly to the stock since houseboats are at the moment a rare catch!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Semi-detached 1930s houses, seems unlikely but very familiar style here in the UK

3ac942752c3965c22ffaf5aac3e5a232.jpg

Not for me. Living in one for real is enough of a pain. (The 10 year old next door plays the drums, and her mother always nervously queries whether we have "animals in the loft" whenever I go up there to fetch a suitcase.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Not for me. Living in one for real is enough of a pain. (The 10 year old next door plays the drums, and her mother always nervously queries whether we have "animals in the loft" whenever I go up there to fetch a suitcase.)

This plays in to part of why I don't think this type of home - or any sort of homes that are attached - will get created.  Part of your home is always within chat distance of the other, which can be problematic for those that don't want to restrict sounds to their parcel. Now that I think about it, I'm not even totally sure that the 'restrict sounds' applies to normal chat, but still an issue even if it does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This plays in to part of why I don't think this type of home - or any sort of homes that are attached - will get created.  Part of your home is always within chat distance of the other, which can be problematic for those that don't want to restrict sounds to their parcel. Now that I think about it, I'm not even totally sure that the 'restrict sounds' applies to normal chat, but still an issue even if it does.

Same kind of issue as the brownstones posted above and another reason these probably wouldn't be done. You can get detached versions in the same style though.
I'm going to be pleasantly surprised if we get anything other than american based architecture though, just because that's how it seems to be going. Bricks have been given the boot at the moment.

Of course, sudden changes of direction have happened already, so you never know!

Why not take a glimpse at RL's "house fashion" topics? We have wonderful Vics, the Trads, we have houseboats and Log Cabins. And at least the campers. The campers are very close to nature, but because of the small plots they're not everybodies darling.

I'd really like to see plots in house size, but with sort of "tiny houses" on them. That would leave lots of space and prims for gardening fetishists, lol. There wouldn't be a need to make the interior bigger than for campers, but they would look more like houses, and the plot would be giant compared to the tiny houses. Much privacy, much place for pergolas, gardening with plants and flowers, maybe a picnic area or a little greenhouse!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.