deleting folder items

PrimaSecret

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Sure...if you never, ever, want to use them again.  If you're not sure, it might be safer to make a new folder and put the seldom-used items in it.  For more compact storage, you can make a prim, and drag unused items into the Content tab of the prim.  Then name the prim something like "Old Dresses", right click it, and Take it back into your inventory.  It only counts as one inventory item, but the fifty or a hundred old dresses you have in it can be retrieved by rezzing the box and opening it.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:02 AM, PrimaSecret said:

ok so if i have a folder of a dress and i want to delete all the other bodies except for Maitreya, I can do that safely without breaking the folder?

I assume you mean, I have a folder for a dress that contains lots of versions for different bodies. ... Molly is right, yes.

Folders are a container. Anything or nothing can be in a folder. The folder doesn't care.

Things in a folder are just there... folder-wise they have no interaction or interdependence with the folder. Things do not care which folder they are in or how many folders they are in. You could put every part of that dress in a separate folder and the dress wouldn't case.

Folders are like a filing cabinet. You can put anything in any filing cabinet and it won't matter... other than if you ever want to find it again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.