Anyone got a handy way of remembering how to spell Belliwhatsit?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought I'd got it, then it drifted, I have various different spelling in folders, landmarks, you name it.

I know there are Is and Es somewhere, and double ss's and lls but they wander about in an ill disciplined way unless I look it up (and even then that depends on the accuracy of whoever I copy it off)

I think I need some sort of rhyme or similar!!

Can any creative types think of something?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I thought I'd got it, then it drifted, I have various different spelling in folders, landmarks, you name it.

I know there are Is and Es somewhere, and double ss's and lls but they wander about in an ill disciplined way unless I look it up (and even then that depends on the accuracy of whoever I copy it off)

B-e-double l-i- double s-e-r-i-a

I break it up like that, but I kinda make a song out of it, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you're on Firestorm go to the place and in the address bar click the star icon to save it as a landmark but don't click save just yet, there will be a drop-down option to save it as a landmark or a favourite. Select favourite and then save. The LM will appear as a button under the address bar that you can just click whenever you need to go there.

Edited by Gayngel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Join one of the community groups, and then copy it from the name. single finger poking the keys like a 5 years old.

failing that, copy paste or just abbreviate it to belli and be done.

I would certainly sign a petition to rename the continent something shorter, like perhaps "Thisland" or "Myland" or "Yourgrave"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

hahahaha Personally I like Belliwhatsit - so easy to remember, too :D

• Haha 1

I finally got the double l and double s part, but I still keep trying to type Bellesseria rather than Bellisseria.  However, I've typed it wrong so many times in Firestorm search and came up with nothing, that it is finally starting to click with me.

I think it is just a matter of repetition.  Just type it over and over and over.

I will not talk in class.  Bellisseria

• Haha 16

If you use Firestorm, type the word in your chat box with the correct spelling (I grab it from Patch Lindens first post on the continent) and right click on the word and add it to the Dictionary.  Then when you spell anything closely similar to this word, and you see the read line under it for not being recognized or possibly misspelled, right click on that new word and the menu will come up with some choices, including the word you added, from the Dictionary. Select the correct spelling and this will fix the problem of having Bellisseria misspelled all the time in Second Life.

(See gyazo example below)

https://gyazo.com/cc7a06d2e172ce61cd625b5af77fdc44

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The hard part for me was remembering the "i" between the double "L" and the double "S" because I wanted to pronounce it as belle  ... and not bellis. Once I got that down it wasn't hard ... 

so I say to myself as I type .. bellis,  and another s     eria. :D 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I made sure I had it typed correctly, then right click & added it to my dictionary and I already use Spell Checking, so I added my common misspelling to Auto-Replace.  Every so often I do still misspell it though!

I also added a common misspelling to my Auto-Replace but that'd alone did not work for correcting the misspelled word. I had to also add the correct spelling to the Dictionary.

I take that back, I had the normally misspelled word for Bellisseria misspelled so the Auto-Replace was not working on its own. 😂

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1

Mille Bliss and I call it BS for short.   😉

The vowels were the difficult part for me, and she said "think of e i e i o, but replace the o with a at the end"
Get it right every time now.  😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, eyecu2 said:

The vowels were the difficult part for me, and she said "think of e i e i o, but replace the o with a at the end"

:D ei ♪ ei ♫ a ♪

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, eyecu2 said:

I laugh at the BS part.  I LOVE the e i e i o a part

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So it’s like Mississippi?

Double hump, dotted letter, crooked letter, crooked letter, dotted letter, crooked letter, crooked letter, dotted letter, humpback, humpback, dotted letter.

That is what we chanted as children.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Double hump, dotted letter, crooked letter, crooked letter, dotted letter, crooked letter, crooked letter, dotted letter, humpback, humpback, dotted letter.

That is what we chanted as children.

I wouldn't even remember all that! I think it would be easier to just spell Bellisseria (but every time I write it on the forums I get panicky and have to double check because people take it VERY seriously, almost like you're insulting a beloved family member, so I really hope I spelled it right this time!) 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.