I have a surprise!

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if I'll make it in to pick anything up in "limited time", but the pic is gorgeous, so thanks for that at least, Patch!

The "Linden Homes" section seems to me like a pretty odd place for this SL16B premium gift notification. 

Is it a consolation prize for all of us who are left out in the cold re:Bellisseria?  ;)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arquet said:

A friend picked it up. It's 100 LI. (I don't know if that's what the original LI was?)

Yep, the same as before.   Then the snow on the roof adds another 34 LI or something like that.   Thanks for the update - I don't need to go grab it.

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't know if I'll make it in to pick anything up in "limited time", but the pic is gorgeous, so thanks for that at least, Patch!

The "Linden Homes" section seems to me like a pretty odd place for this SL16B premium gift notification. 

Is it a consolation prize for all of us who are left out in the cold re:Bellisseria?  ;)

This particular cabin was the Winter Premium gift that just recently got replaced by the 50's Diner.  The Premium Gift kiosks themselves, I think, are only set up to dispense a single gift - not anything back in time.  Some folks saw the cabin for the first time at SL16B and commented about wanting one - some had either just not picked it up over the winter for whatever reason and some are likely new folks that didn't know about the gift kiosks.  Since the normal kiosk can't give it out and SL16B is where people are seeing it and asking about it, that probably explains why it is being distributed there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Oh I understand why it's at SL16B, makes sense.  I was just a little puzzled about why the Linden Homes forum section is the place to announce it.  But a nice gesture, however it's announced.

Ahh, yeah true.  They may follow up with a Blog post, since that is where the Premium gifts typically get announced, along with all things SL16B.  

Maybe Patch figured that most folks paying attention to the new campers and asking about the cabin were also paying attention to this forum.

• Like 2

Last comment got deleted and  account banned but i'll say it again.....

i don't know how to put my fustration into words the lindens will deem acceptable but this is like ummm WHAT?

re-issuing an old gift isn't making any of us feel better about the slow home release .... in fact it feels like a slap in the face TBH 

i was in SL when the original linden homes came out over a decade ago and you guys rolled them out in big lumps and everybody got a house....

this is slow and we could handle it when we actually had a chance to get one.... but 25 homes dropped when most of us were sleep seems unfair.... i mean they were literally gone in 7 seconds     (wonders if they r taking down anything negative... there were more negative post comments earlier...)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, raymon Paperdoll said:

i don't know how to put my fustration into words the lindens will deem acceptable but this is like ummm WHAT?

re-issuing an old gift isn't making any of us feel better about the slow home release .... in fact it feels like a slap in the face TBH 

i was in SL when the original linden homes came out over a decade ago and you guys rolled them out in big lumps and everybody got a house....

this is slow and we could handle it when we actually had a chance to get one.... but 25 homes dropped when most of us were sleep seems unfair.... i mean they were literally gone in 7 seconds     (wonders if they r taking down anything negative... there were more negative post comments earlier...)

So would you prefer they not roll any out until they have 100? 200? What's the magic number? This way, some people are not having to wait so long; the alternative is that EVERYONE waits. Why is that better? 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, raymon Paperdoll said:

LL used the cabin basically as decoration to the Camper/Trailer Preview area at SL16B.  Lots of folks were asking about the cabin, not realizing it was the gift this past winter. Not to mention that there are many new Premium accounts that possibly didn't even know to go grab a Premium gift, so they would have missed getting it before it recently got replaced with the 50s style diner.  Normally nobody can ever get old Premium gifts. 

Thus Patch is simply being nice and making it available, for a short time, to anyone that didn't get one and wants to come grab it.

Here's an actual slap in the face for you:

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, raymon Paperdoll said:

This new LH thing is getting out of hand... SL is supposed to be a fun experience, and it's really sad to me all this anger around the metaverse. I've been also trying to get a new home for weeks, with no luck, and it's frustrating, I get it. But please: it's a pixel home, it's not real life, please dont let a virtual thingy have such a big impact in your mood. LL could have had a better planning with the release, for sure. Is is it all part of a Marketing plan? Maybe. Just remember there are more coming. It's just not worth all this drama

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, raymon Paperdoll said:

Second Life Staff work hard and try to listen to the community.  After hearing positive feedback about the cabin they want to give it a go.  It's not easy to please everyone, but they do take feedback from the community so they can learn and improve the quality on Second Life.   Just be patient with the new homes,  they want to make sure that the homes won't have problems when the residents claim them.  The Lindens and Moles are working non-stop to make sure the homes are ready to be release.  I know it can be annoying to wait for them and then it gets taken quickly.  Just keep checking the Linden Homes page to see if any new homes are available.

As for deleting negative comments that's not true.  As long as you aren't violating the community forums then your post will stay up.  

Edited by Coolnet Ordinary
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Thank you Milli Mole and Patch.

After rezzing the gift Diner I came back to check I hadn't missed anything and the Magic Mole's "Community Cabin" rezzed second visit that wasn't there before. It looks a little small inside.. but very nice all the same. It will be nice to see them as an option on sims near the trailers.

There was a diner?!?? Is that still available?

21 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

It will be nice to see them as an option on sims near the trailers.

I don't think we know yet whether or not we will ultimately get cabins up in or near the mountains.  It has been one of the house styles requested, so possibly it will be a future theme.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, raymon Paperdoll said:

Yes, and they looked terrible, didn't they? One of the many reasons they aren't rushing these out like cheap sweatshop-made t-shirts. 

And can we maybe not crap all over the Lindens when they're doing something nice for us?

1223185987_Itstheinternetcalmyour_780b83627d273e5569ebca9650a1cc07.jpg.a4785e2cbfb6f092fc2d7b5f85825d5e.jpg

Edited by Beth Macbain
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, raymon Paperdoll said:

i was in SL when the original linden homes came out over a decade ago and you guys rolled them out in big lumps and everybody got a house...

Besides looking like they all came from the same candy press, I also remember tons of folks here in the forums whining like crazy because there wasn't enough Meadowbrook for everyone that wanted one and some people had to take a different style and "OMG, Why didn't LL give us enough of thOse".   

SSDD

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2019 at 8:34 AM, Vanity Fair said:

I got it! Thanks!!!

if you go to SL16B and pick up the Swaginator HUD at the welcome area, the 4 gifts for the hunt (easy peasy to get with the HUD) are accessories/decor for the diner.  The HUD takes you directly to each one.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.