Are we a DDOS?

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So at 6:08 SLT I login to the site, figure I can fish for a Bellisseria home for 15 minutes.  At about 6:20 the site crashes, logins disabled.  I next checked at 6:40 and it was up, and now I see it's still up.

Did we crash it?  LOL!

If so, perhaps we can expect a new Bellisseria land process soon!  I know several of you are very protective of this process, perhaps as part of being generally supportive of things the Lindens do.  Don't get me wrong, I think LL is doing a fantastic thing by putting in the effort to create a really beautiful and fun community.  It has lured me to make an avatar Premium for the first time since 2005. 

But I also hope they come around to seeing that making available a land subscription list of some kind will be in their best interest.  Not only does using the land menu in this never-seen-before land scarcity situation waste people's time on a grand scale, but more importantly it also invites extensive use of tools like auto-refresh and (say it softly) key loggers, both of which are just not healthy things to invite onto your company's website.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

So at 6:08 SLT I login to the site, figure I can fish for a Bellisseria home for 15 minutes.  At about 6:20 the site crashes, logins disabled.  I next checked at 6:40 and it was up, and now I see it's still up.

Did we crash it?  LOL!

If so, perhaps we can expect a new Bellisseria land process soon!  I know several of you are very protective of this process, perhaps as part of being generally supportive of things the Lindens do.  Don't get me wrong, I think LL is doing a fantastic thing by putting in the effort to create a really beautiful and fun community.  It has lured me to make an avatar Premium for the first time since 2005. 

But I also hope they come around to seeing that making available a land subscription list of some kind will be in their best interest.  Not only does using the land menu in this never-seen-before land scarcity situation waste people's time on a grand scale, but more importantly it also invites extensive use of tools like auto-refresh and (say it softly) key loggers, both of which are just not healthy things to invite onto your company's website.

It could have just been related to the maintenance they were doing this morning.  This one mentions getting logged off and could have applied to the website as well as inworld:

image.png.b714259b960f5488907a9eb49dc49aae.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

auto-refresh and (say it softly) key loggers, both of which are just not healthy things to invite onto your company's website.

laughs, "playing" SL  when at work isn't real healthy  for the resume either if the boss lady monitors web traffic....

Friend owns company, told staff - no personal social media while on the clock, uses a monitor program- could see the FB pages fly by  and with the camera - who was doing it. Fired.

2 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

Friend owns company, told staff - no personal social media while on the clock, uses a monitor program- could see the FB pages fly by  and with the camera - who was doing it. Fired.

I'd say the fired employees are lucky. That sounds like a miserably micro-managed place to work!

5 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

laughs, "playing" SL  when at work isn't real healthy  for the resume either if the boss lady monitors web traffic....

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'd say the fired employees are lucky. That sounds like a miserably micro-managed place to work!

Our company simply blocks the websites that they don't want you to get to - Facebook, pretty much any imaging site, etc... 

Lucky for me, these forums don't fall into that category.  

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Our company simply blocks the websites that they don't want you to get to - Facebook, pretty much any imaging site, etc...   

My place used to be like that, but fortunately they've discovered that happy employees are better employees and retention is a priority... they don't care what we do as long as we do our work and do it well. 

I mean, they don't give us massages like they do at LL, but it's a nonprofit. 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

My place used to be like that, but fortunately they've discovered that happy employees are better employees and retention is a priority... they don't care what we do as long as we do our work and do it well. 

I mean, they don't give us massages like they do at LL, but it's a nonprofit. 😉

While I can't get to Flickr or Imgur or sites like that, I can still watch all the cute cat/dog videos I want on youtube (and play in the forums), so life is still good.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.