Trying To Get LL Homes

LadyD6959 Meistrich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes.  If one of the new ones is available, it will show first at the top of the drop down and in the center picture - with the following qualifier:  Since you have already supplied a name, if you ever clicked Next on an old model with that name filled in, then even when a new one comes available, it will often be top of the drop down but what you see will still be the older model that you started going through the process on.

Also, when you click Next, if someone else beat you to it, that is when you'll see one of the "Sold out/not available" screens.

Thank you. This confirms for me what I had assumed and I can also pass this along to others that are asking this same questions for clarity.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WildCherry Camino said:

I just want my houseboat....literally wanting to pay for it at this point. 

Even if everything that they planned to release was done at this moment and released, you still might not get a houseboat.  You are not guaranteed a specific theme (house vs houseboat vs camper vs cabin vs whatever-comes-next).  Just like with the original Linden Homes, there will be a limit as to how many of each theme is put out.  The houseboats might truly get all taken by other folks and you'll have to accept a house or cabin or whatever until such time as a houseboat gets abandoned and you get lucky or interest dies off (which may never happen).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes - around 7:00 or 8:00 am SLT.  One region, 25 houses - all gone in 7 seconds.

25 houses?  This is so incredibly frustrating.  To know the day, but not know the exact time, yet try at various times during the day non-stop... then hear only 25 were made available and they were gone in 7 seconds???

Again, why not just do a first-requested, first-served sign up, where they just get allotted to people in order on the list, they have a couple of days to respond and if they don't, the lot is made available to the next person on the list.

Seems that would be a much better system than having lot of frustrated people trying all the time and wondering if they were release, are their pages not refreshing to show the new homes (would be better to show the new type and say sold out, rather than not show it at all, which raises lots of questions about whether one is even looking in the right place).

Sorry, it seems the process is designed to frustrate.  And it is successful in doing  just that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cornelius Collazo said:

25 houses?  This is so incredibly frustrating.  To know the day, but not know the exact time, yet try at various times during the day non-stop... then hear only 25 were made available and they were gone in 7 seconds???

Again, why not just do a first-requested, first-served sign up, where they just get allotted to people in order on the list, they have a couple of days to respond and if they don't, the lot is made available to the next person on the list.

Seems that would be a much better system than having lot of frustrated people trying all the time and wondering if they were release, are their pages not refreshing to show the new homes (would be better to show the new type and say sold out, rather than not show it at all, which raises lots of questions about whether one is even looking in the right place).

Sorry, it seems the process is designed to frustrate.  And it is successful in doing  just that.

Twenty five is actually near the top end of the count for plots per region.   The Monday release appears to have had 14 houses and one houseboat (this from the map as I am not going over to count).   To date, the range of plots per region has been from 3 to 26. My region has 9 (one reason I picked it :D). 

So yes, your chances are not good since likely hundreds of folks have auto refresh with alarm on.  I decided I didn't care to take part in that frustration and my alt bought a nice beach lot for $1500 with a huge area currently in maintenance  behind and 69 fps rate -- a 1024 so no tier. Putting some demo houses there as overflow and they coordinate with the large, industrial neighbor adjoining so works well and I can add some decor touches  after I get the main buildings in. 

I am very happy that I was one of the first ones out when the homes opened. That was a FUN DAY for everyone. Lots of comraderie for sure. Won't forget it. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.