Jump to content

From 512 m² to 1024 m²


Nathaliee Ranimo
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

450/5000
 
 
 
Hello everyone  😉

I am a new Premium member. I have my house on a part of 512 m². Now, I would like to own an area of 1024 m². It seems that if I abandon my current land of 512 m², I will be entitled to a land of 1024 m² '' free '' with my Premium subscription ... !?

Okay, but how do I do it? Should I find the placement by myself or do I get a new default location?

Mmmm .....  🤔

Thank you for guiding me  👍
Edited by Nathaliee Ranimo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nathaliee Ranimo said:
450/5000
 
 
 
Hello everyone  😉

I am a new Premium member. I have my house on a part of 512 m². Now, I would like to own an area of 1024 m². It seems that if I abandon my current land of 512 m², I will be entitled to a land of 1024 m² '' free '' with my Premium subscription ... !?

Okay, but how do I do it? Should I find the placement by myself or do I get a new default location?

Mmmm .....  🤔

Thank you for guiding me  👍

I'm assuming you are talking about currently having one of the 512 sqm older Linden Homes.

You can either go buy a Mainland piece of land, 1024 or smaller - and yes, you need to abandon the current home first to avoid having to pay any additional tier.

Or you can try for one of the new Linden Homes that are on 1024 sqm plots. You would claim one of those at the same place on your dashboard that you got your current home from. However, it would only show up after you abandon your current home and only when some are available. There are none currently available, but they are doing tiny releases of more every couple of days and there are also some people that abandon theirs, a bit here and there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Nathaliee Ranimo said:


In fact, I would like to get a lot without the Linden house ... I have my own house.


Where can I find my land of 1024 m² ?
Also, should I search the land for sale ?

a empty parcel would be only available at mainland, not at the new continents.
The answer how to find it is in your last line :) search land for sale in the viewer, not only on the forums, ór check also the auctions.
(btw it isn't your land waiting for you, but you'll have to buy it)

keep in mind your own house might be not suitable for a 1024 parcel, you'll have to check the size, proportions and Landimpact/prims.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A fun way to find land to buy is to open up the map and make sure you have the little box next checked that shows you land for sale. Then you can see yellow parcels on the map; those are parcels set for sale. Hopping around the map to look at the ones that are the size you want is a good way to tour Mainland. :)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

A fun way to find land to buy is to open up the map and make sure you have the little box next checked that shows you land for sale. Then you can see yellow parcels on the map; those are parcels set for sale. Hopping around the map to look at the ones that are the size you want is a good way to tour Mainland. :)

Adding to this: while perusing yellow blocks on the world map, hover your mouse over then click the tiny price tag. You will be shown the size in meters, the selling price, and the price-per-meter so you can see how over-priced it may be (or not, depending on your own budget:value ratio). If it fits within reason of your budget and size and appears to be an interesting spot, then TP there for an on-site look-see.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nathaliee Ranimo said:

Thank you LittleMe !!


In fact, I would like to get a lot without the Linden house ... I have my own house.


Where can I find my land of 1024 m² ?
Also, should I search the land for sale ?

I would like to recommend Lindal Kidd's class at Oxbridge University at 12pm on Saturdays on "How to Buy Land". Also, my blog article on "How Not to Buy Land in Second Life" goes into detail on all the mistakes I have made (and continue to make) when buying land in Second Life.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nathaliee Ranimo said:

In fact, I would like to get a lot without the Linden house ... I have my own house.

 


Where can I find my land of 1024 m² ?
Also, should I search the land for sale ?

You can also buy abandoned land directly from the Lindens for L$1 per square meter. There's a lot of decent land on open sims available this way. Easiest way to find it is to open the map, look for big green spaces and TP to a likely one. Click on the land to get the "About Land" window. The parcel named will be Abandoned Land and it will be owned by Governor Linden. (And then fly around some more to see if there's anything you like better :) )

To buy it, you need to open up a ticket and describe the area you'd like. Sometimes they put it to auction, but if it's a fairly generic parcel, then a Linden will come along in a few days to make your parcel and set it for sale to you. The whole thing seems more complicated than it is.

This is the wiki page on Abandoned Land. Information about buying is near the bottom.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RuffertasAlt said:

I would like to recommend Lindal Kidd's class at Oxbridge University at 12pm on Saturdays on "How to Buy Land". Also, my blog article on "How Not to Buy Land in Second Life" goes into detail on all the mistakes I have made (and continue to make) when buying land in Second Life.

 

'How Not to Buy Land in Second Life" sounds intriguing.  Could you give a link to it?    I tried googling but didn't find anything but SL's official articles.

Edited by GinaFreumann
(edited to remove "blond" content)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...