wth?

Winterharte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Winterharte said:

I thought this thread was for announcements about the new linden homes.  I found out from my friend that more were being released today, but they were all gone before I could get one.  So much for watching THIS thread for information!

"This thread" is the one you just started. If you watch Patch's thread, on the other hand, you will get updates. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Winterharte said:

I thought this thread was for announcements about the new linden homes.  I found out from my friend that more were being released today, but they were all gone before I could get one.  So much for watching THIS thread for information!

It is actually this specific thread:

Did you specify FOLLOW for the thread AND ensure that you have email notification set up for forum stuff?

In any case, they will release ONE REGION every other day (baring unforeseen issues) - so Mon, Wed, Fri.  One region means anywhere from 15-25 homes each of those days.  We do NOT know what time the regions will be released or if that will be announced anywhere -- Patch said he will not update that thread above with the Region Releases.  So for now, random retries on the page to get a home or try the auto-refresh option that many others are using.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 10

Let's assume that each release will be about 20 homes. Three times a week it makes 60 homes a week. And in a year that would mean 52 x 60 = 3120 homes.
How many homes will be needed in all to satisfy the demand? If it's around 30000, then it would take a ten years to produce them all at this rate. :/

It seems that there is a need for big releases now and then in addition to this rapid small releases. Else it would take really long time before the demand is satisfied.

• Sad 1

But that's not the only release schedule. Patch indicated that the plan from now on barring any unforeseen circumstances is to do 3 minor releases each week. So sure, assume that will always take place. but there will also be larger scale releases that he indicated will be announced in his locked thread.  The thrice-weekly releases will not be announced they will just simply go live.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

But that's not the only release schedule. Patch indicated that the plan from now on barring any unforeseen circumstances is to do 3 minor releases each week. So sure, assume that will always take place. but there will also be larger scale releases that he indicated will be announced in his locked thread.  The thrice-weekly releases will not be announced they will just simply go live.

But as Abnor just replied to a comment I made on another thread, "It takes many weeks or months of work to make and release our houses." 

The SSP thread started in August of 2018 when the first regions appeared in the planning stages. So far we have seen two themes released (with four styles in each) and the trailers (eight styles in all I hear) will be out "soon" -- maybe a month? -- we haven't seen any work on Bellisseria yet;  so let's say -- August.  That makes a year since the project began in earnest (not counting planning and the like). 

So if we add say 1,000 trailers (just picked a number - no intel) as a first release of the new theme, that is still a pretty small number when you consider how many folks are  currently in the old Linden Homes -- and not even looking at NEW Citizens :D.  The supply doesn't appear that it will catch up to the demand any time soon.    Granted, some folks will just give up trying to get a plot; maybe get some mainland -- maybe give up the Premium account they added because of the "new perk".  

Popularity -- as I said on another thread -- can be a problem. But, it is certainly better to have a problem because you did something RIGHT rather than because you did something wrong -- or nothing at all.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Let's assume that each release will be about 20 homes. Three times a week it makes 60 homes a week. And in a year that would mean 52 x 60 = 3120 homes.
How many homes will be needed in all to satisfy the demand? If it's around 30000, then it would take a ten years to produce them all at this rate. :/

It seems that there is a need for big releases now and then in addition to this rapid small releases. Else it would take really long time before the demand is satisfied.

Don't forget that homes like caravans are 512 sq m plots, doubling the number that can be placed on each region, thus released in each region (I assume that's what will happen). If future themes are the same size, then more released too.

They have already stated that as things progress they expect the roll-out to move much faster, and are constantly looking at different release strategies to facilitate this. Best read the interview for a better idea:

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editionone

It's highly unlikely they are going to take 10 years to complete this project.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Yes, most likely they will do faster than that. That really would be too long time to complete the project.
The ten years calculation estimation was actually if there would be no other batches than the about 60 homes per week.

13 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Don't forget that homes like caravans are 512 sq m plots, doubling the number that can be placed on each region, thus released in each region (I assume that's what will happen). If future themes are the same size, then more released too.

They have already stated that as things progress they expect the roll-out to move much faster, and are constantly looking at different release strategies to facilitate this. Best read the interview for a better idea:

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editionone

Are you sure that the caravans will be 512 plots?  I was under the assumption too that there would be smaller plots based on something I thought I had read previously.  I mentioned this in one of the Bellisseria groups and was quickly corrected that all plots would be 1024 from now on.  I didn't argue the point because I couldn't remember where I thought I had read that at.  But I'm pretty sure I did.  And then I see it reinforced again in your post.  But the person who corrected me seem very certain of their information as well?

8 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Are you sure that the caravans will be 512 plots?  I was under the assumption too that there would be smaller plots based on something I thought I had read previously.  I mentioned this in one of the Bellisseria groups and was quickly corrected that all plots would be 1024 from now on.  I didn't argue the point because I couldn't remember where I thought I had read that at.  But I'm pretty sure I did.  And then I see it reinforced again in your post.  But the person who corrected me seem very certain of their information as well?

During the talk/chat with Patch yesterday, he revealed they will start at 512 plots, but may get larger ones later. I believe somebody may have recorded it somewhere.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.