How to check your Linden history? I'm missing money unaccounted for...

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't bought or sold anything in awhile..  I had 612 last night b4 I went to sleep.. I woke up and L$5 was gone out of my account.. I know it's not much.. but I'm the type of person that likes to know where my money is going.. I mean jeeze, what if one day I wake up and L$100 is gone? Or worse.

I haven't tipped anyone either or gave any away..   any ideas?

it's most likely group liabilities. check your transaction history via your dashboard as suggested, it will say there where the money went. the transaction history only goes back 30 days, so i would recommend downloading regularly. never know when it may come in handy, but it's a good habit to get into either way.

go through your groups and check if the role(s) you are assigned to has "pay group liabilities" tied to it.

member & roles > abilities > accounting > pay group liabilities and receive group dividends. if the role(s) assigned to you is listed under "roles with ability" then you are paying group liabilities.

either leave the group or try asking the group owner to remove it. i think it's still checked by default and many group owners are not aware of this.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Group#What_is_a_group_liability.3F

Thanks you all! Found out what it was:matte-motes-nerdy:   I've been renting a cheap apartment for a few weeks.. and you have to have the rental tag up in order to keep your stuff rezzed in your place..  but my lease was bout to expire and I wasn't wanting to renew this time and anyways, it said I got charged a group liability?  I dunno why cause it was a free group..

Correct, I was totally unaware of that..  atleast I know how to check now :matte-motes-evil-invert:  

Would really suck to be in a TON of groups that all take a lil money from you that you are unaware of.. almost sounds like a scam if you really think about it lol

That really shouldn't be like that by default if noobs like me are unaware of whats goin on

Yeah, this problem has been discussed in another thread on the forums. Some group owners think it's fair to make group members chip in for group liablites, but most don't.  Usually when a group is making its members pay for the group liablities, it's because the group owner doesn't realize they haven't unchecked that box for the group. Personally, I think only group owners should pay liabilites & receive dividends.

• 6 years later...
19 minutes ago, indieskies Almodovar said:

ok I understand how to get to the transactions and put all the proper restraints in for the dates, but how do you check the previous years transactions? it wont let me go past 02/18

L$ is only visible for 30 days, or when your premium 90 days

.. perhaps also don't use these very old posts... in 7 years thing change... better open a new one

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.