Jump to content
Chic Aeon

The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

giphy.gif

I didn't say for me, I was asking in a general sense. Didn't have to be like that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Is there a possible way to release more than a single region in a day though? It's like trying to get a Willy Wonka golden ticket when a single region of maybe 25 houses goes out and there's thousands of us all refreshing trying to get one. I'm not insulting or attacking, merely asking a genuine question. 

They can only build them and test them so fast.

 

Abnor made the following comment in another thread that was basically asking to queue them up for slightly larger releases rather than one region roughly every other day (remember that even multiple regions will go really, really fast):

image.thumb.png.bfa56c59e203b276a363587ef0e2ca31.png

 

 

When they were queuing them up and thus releasing larger batches people were begging them to release each region as it was completed.

 

As many of us have said over and over:  No matter how LL does it, some will want it done differently.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to  look at it like waiting   for  Santa clause to come ,,,,,,,, so excited  ,,,,,, all the months october   knowing right after thanksgiving   the count down ,,,,, so   what a wonderful surprise when you get the home or house boat ,,,,, until  then shop for the furnishing ,,,,, make stuff ,,,,,,, its all good ,,,,,, ok chasing everyone to give them huggies and more hugs

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I like to  look at it like waiting   for  Santa clause to come ,,,,,,,, so excited  ,,,,,, all the months october   knowing right after thanksgiving   the count down ,,,,, so   what a wonderful surprise when you get the home or house boat ,,,,, until  then shop for the furnishing ,,,,, make stuff ,,,,,,, its all good ,,,,,, ok chasing everyone to give them huggies and more hugs

Yeah, buying furniture to blog with no place to blog it at, that's great 🤷‍♀️ getting real tired of going to sandboxes to set up only to get it returned an hour later when I'm still in the middle of setting up my scene lol. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Yeah, buying furniture to blog with no place to blog it at, that's great 🤷‍♀️ getting real tired of going to sandboxes to set up only to get it returned an hour later when I'm still in the middle of setting up my scene lol. 

hugs   well  an ideal   is  set up in the older homes and blog about how  to make the older homes shine    and the wonderful ideals  ,,,, i already have made some awsome  things for myself ,, and with many  waiting  the inspiration your blog would give to help people  enjoy the older generation homes till  the big move !!!!!! what a wonderful gift to be a blogger and inspire  huge hugs

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Yeah, buying furniture to blog with no place to blog it at, that's great 🤷‍♀️ getting real tired of going to sandboxes to set up only to get it returned an hour later when I'm still in the middle of setting up my scene lol. 

I go to one of the ones that are open to premium members and it is 4 hours before they return.  I can send you the landmark if you like.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Yeah, buying furniture to blog with no place to blog it at, that's great 🤷‍♀️ getting real tired of going to sandboxes to set up only to get it returned an hour later when I'm still in the middle of setting up my scene lol. 

You can also join the group Builders Brewery. They have multi-platforms for members to build or rez on. So long as you are there your objects wont be returned, and you can be there for hours or all day if you'd like - I often am. It is a primarily a place for builders, yes, but I've also seen many photographers there setting up scenes in skyboxes too. BB has restarts every morning at 2:00a.m. SLT for a few minutes, but even then providing you are back to the sim before the top of the hour then your objects should still be where you left them. Anyway, it's worth checking out. I thoroughly recommend the place for that, and their various classes too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, and I might not, but weren't we given our first 512 plot of land?  I don't remember buying it.  Perhaps that would make mainland more appealing.  If people could choose land that Gov. Linden owned and get the land free, maybe they would accept that rather than the new homes.  I see so many of them not being utilized that maybe those people would be happier with that option and aren't interest in the community aspect of Bellisseria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Echo Kinsella said:

If people could choose land that Gov. Linden owned and get the land free, maybe they would accept that rather than the new homes.

Making more 512 plots available at auction would help as people could get an older Linden home and a mainland plot as well and get their full tier value for premium.

I'm sure I will be corrected, but I haven't seen a 512 linden lot put up for auction sale for weeks, and finding a 512 abandoned plot to request is challenging / impossible.

This leaves private land sales, and they can be expensive or hard to find. (not all private land sales are expensive though)

If some larger inland plots were broken up into 512 sized pieces I'm sure they would be popular.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm reading it wrongly (and that's possible) but as you both say that still requires some kind of initial payment to secure the land, whether to purchase the land or buy through auction, something you don't have to do to acquire a Linden Home, and that's been a bone of contention for those waiting for a home. Short of taking one of the older style Linden Homes you'd still have to purchase the 512 in order to take advantage of the "free" rent/tier, and mainland 512 LI is 351 whereas the old LH styles are 177 or something like that? (Someone correct me, it's been a while since I had the old style or a mainland parcel).

Semi related and not helpful to those who fall into the category above, but a friend recently secured extremely cheap mainland 1024 for I think 800 Lindens or thereabouts which I've never heard of, but it's obviously possible. So while people release their private parcels to board the Bellisseria train there are opportunities to snatch up some very cheap mainland parcels and never need to pay rent/tier again (as my friend does) BUT that requires purchasing the land first, so... unless it's given away free with premium membership in lieu of a LH, people are still going to be out of pocket.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RaeLeeH I think @Echo Kinsella was suggesting a free option. I can't see it happening due to complexity. I thought that chopping up a few large abandoned sites, and releasing them through established systems might be easier to achieve, though of course it is unknown how bad actors might choose to game the system in that case.

You can buy plots privately for cheaper than the Linden's 1l per metre squared policy. As you can imagine, if someone is planning to abandon then getting a smaller amount is better than nothing.

With a group allowance you can achieve 563m2 for purchase cost plus free tier. 

I understand what you are saying about people's complaints, Linden homes are free at point of purchase if you've already paid for premium.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Echo Kinsella said:

If I remember correctly, and I might not, but weren't we given our first 512 plot of land?  I don't remember buying it.  Perhaps that would make mainland more appealing.  If people could choose land that Gov. Linden owned and get the land free, maybe they would accept that rather than the new homes.  I see so many of them not being utilized that maybe those people would be happier with that option and aren't interest in the community aspect of Bellisseria.

 

5 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrongly (and that's possible) but as you both say that still requires some kind of initial payment to secure the land, whether to purchase the land or buy through auction, something you don't have to do to acquire a Linden Home, and that's been a bone of contention for those waiting for a home. Short of taking one of the older style Linden Homes you'd still have to purchase the 512 in order to take advantage of the "free" rent/tier, and mainland 512 LI is 351 whereas the old LH styles are 177 or something like that? (Someone correct me, it's been a while since I had the old style or a mainland parcel).

 

 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back, members used to get what was called "First Land".  It was a free 512 sqm plot.  However, my understanding is that some folks started scamming the system by creating alt accounts to get the free land, which was then sold.  The program was discontinued sometime before I arrived in early 2007.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...