A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

No idea! He's quite capable, though, or so I've heard... perhaps he styled himself?

Usually men do not care a lot how they look - at least in SL. His last one was very handsome too but an old system ava ... freeby or such (as he told us himself) ... so amidst all this hard work for the trailers he should have found time for THIS? *wonders*

Often especially since meshtimes when it takes hours and hours of shopping, trying on demos and combining  the best body with the best head and skin and eyes and hair and clothes ... when a man's avatar has a total makeover there is usually a woman busy in the background ;)

Well if so this woman did a darned good job!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

And  @sceneris YOU did a darned good job too!! Awsome video!! I love it!

I was hovering over Porthole and watched but too busy zooming in here and there and everywhere to have such a great view of the whole scene. Now I even realize that the yellow thingies I first saw around some trailers vanished during the process.

Wonder what THAT might have been. In Open Sim I saw many regions arising (load OAR) but they never changed during it.

• Like 2

• Moles
3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Usually men do not care a lot how they look - at least in SL. His last one was very handsome too but an old system ava ... freeby or such (as he told us himself) ... so amidst all this hard work for the trailers he should have found time for THIS? *wonders*

Often especially since meshtimes when it takes hours and hours of shopping, trying on demos and combining  the best body with the best head and skin and eyes and hair and clothes ... when a man's avatar has a total makeover there is usually a woman busy in the background ;)

I'm a scripter, remember, not a builder, so my busy times aren't the same as those of most of the other Moles.  That's why I have time to post here a lot when others are busy decorating regions.  

Didn't take me long to do the makeover, in point of fact, perhaps because the market for male mesh bodies and heads doesn't seem anything like so large as that for female ones.    I took advice on the best places to look, and checked out the two that came particularly recommended.   

We're all of us in LDPW experienced content creators, remember, so one of the many benefits of being a Mole is that I'm never short of expert help with SL shopping when I need it, and, of course, there are some very helpful blogs to look at too.

I found the sort of thing I was looking for very quickly -- the whole process took no more than three or four hours, if that, spread over a couple of days, as and when I had time.  

I'd been thinking of getting this account a mesh body for a while but hadn't bothered until now because it's only recently that we in LDPW have become so publically recognisable -- due, in no small part, to the lovely portraits you've been posting here.

I'm glad you like the new look.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 22

8 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Methinks you give men far too little credit. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yep. Take a wander through the vanity threads and you'll see what they can do.

I generally dislike any of the gender role stereotypes, and these types of things also fail to take into account that anyone we encounter in SL may or may not be the gender they appear to be on first glance, or in the real world. 

But this thread is all about the Moles so...

easy-mole-sauce-recipe-4-of-5.thumb.jpg.cc2274d2fd67bb2f8b7f888deeabb641.jpg

...Is this the stuff I need to spread all over @Quartz Moleto get him to lift the restraining order?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I generally dislike any of the gender role stereotypes, and these types of things also fail to take into account that anyone we encounter in SL may or may not be the gender they appear to be on first glance, or in the real world.

I agree Beth. Try a reversal. Could any of the beautiful female avatars in the vanity threads be the creations of... men? It's hard to promote the "guys are really girls theory" in parallel with the "guys have no style" theory.

I could probably destroy any "women dress better" theory simply by posting more in the vanity threads.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I could probably destroy any "women dress better" theory simply by posting more in the vanity threads.

Remember, I have seen you up close now, Madelaine, and found you to be quite adorable and cuddly-looking!

...dousing myself in water in preparation for being set on fire...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Remember, I have seen you up close now, Madelaine, and found you to be quite adorable and cuddly-looking!

...dousing myself in water in preparation for being set on fire...

This makes me smile. Though I have accessorized it a li'l, my devil avatar was a gift from Mr. Handsome himself, @Parhelion Palou

To my credit, he did see something in me that prompted the gift.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't get set on fire? I got all wet for nothing?

I want to pick you up and smoosh you with hugs... especially watching you stomp your way over to me. 

Who's a cute widdle demon? Madewaine is a cute widdle demon, dat's who!

Oh, for Pete's sake.

...sets you on fire and sweeps your ashes into a nearby ditch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, Beth Macbain said:

Snapped my own pic... I call this one Wickedly Handsome AF Mole.

the looking at Ouartz  the  before and after i say in the words of this classic568751815_giphy.gifgonewind.gif.ca5692c59178526f98bdc86745db2db0.gif

Edited by roseelvira
  • Haha 1

• Moles
18 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Now I even realize that the yellow thingies I first saw around some trailers vanished during the process.

Wonder what THAT might have been.

That's my fault  

The yellow thingies are parcel markers we lay out when we set up and build the region.    They're both a visual guide for the builders and decorators and (because of the scripts they contain) an essential tool in building the systems whereby the websites, the land store, the house controllers, the trailers, the main rezzer and the remote servers that deliver content packs and notecards all talk to each other.  

Most of the time they're almost invisible.   However, when I'm making sure the individual parcels and house controllers are all responding and have correctly registered themselves, the parcel markers briefly become highly visible for up to 30 seconds or a minute, before hiding themselves again after successfully updating the details of the parcels whose boundaries they mark, so that if any don't successfully complete the process I can see at a glance which parcels are affected.

So if you see parcel markers behaving like that, it means I'm testing communications systems, or doing something that makes communications systems run self-diagnostic routines to check nothing's broken after something that's happened (a script update or something).

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.