Abandoned lots for sale - to specific people?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Searching on land sales and TPing to the lots has caused me to find a -LOT- of places, large lots even, set for sale by LL's to specific people who were -NOT- the people who had abandoned the lots. It also often includes micro-lots, which I found to be the case with the recent 'landcutters' thread - some of the cuts there had names on who could buy them.

What's driving this and how does it work exactly?

Were the microplots for sale to neighbours? Were they newly abandoned or old? Possibly these are older abandoned plots people have made tickets for. I recently did one and got back a reclaimed 256m ex-adfarm Arbor had had to release. So I guess they are not phased out entirely yet. I suppose tickets will still havev to be the way for rejoining microplots, but I don't know for sure.

That would be my guess as well. Its also what makes land search in the 2.0 viewer so cumbersome to use. I switch to a 1.23 version viewer when looking at land so I don't have to wade past all of the sell to specific person lands. There is no need for everyone to see those.

Those are quite certainly abandoned parcels set for sale to people who claimed the land with a ticket or set for sale by Guy Linden to neighbors. I think LL is reducing the backlog of old abandoned land as much as possible for the new automatic system for abandoned land announced recently.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I've always been told you could only have the land put into the auction queue, and not request it specifically - unless it was a micro lot next to you.

Most of these are full lots of the 512, 1024, and larger size.

It's the opposite. You couldn't have land once it was in the auction queue but you could have abandoned land that hadn't yet made it to the queue, provided that it was 512 or less and you already owned the land adjoining 3 sides of it - unless it's a corner plot, of course. It looks like they have increased or abandoned the maximum size for acquiring via a ticket, which does make sense considering the amount of abandoned land these days, and the new system.

As others have already said yep you can send in a ticket if you own surrounding land around the parcel atleast 2 sides of the parcel I think.

Problem is the New V2 does not filter out these lands set to Specific persons. Still not fixed?   Now in viewer 1.23 its filtered so you never see these plots of land set to specific persons listed in search results UNLESS the parcel is set to your name only then you will see it in 1.23.

So if you wish to search for abandoned land set to ANYONE and filter out all others set to specific just download viewer 1.23 and you be supprized how easy it is to actually find Abandoned land to buy and ANY other land you wish to search for its all there in one simple list and when you visit a parcel you can load the list again with one simple click if any new user needs to search for land especilly MAINLAND get viewer 1.23 downloaded its the work horse of sl and has driven landsales for years its so simple to find land with.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I've always been told you could only have the land put into the auction queue, and not request it specifically - unless it was a micro lot next to you.

Most of these are full lots of the 512, 1024, and larger size.

That was true in the past. When I ticketed land before, it went up for auction. But recently, they've been selling it directly.

A lot I requested to buy was instead put into the auction queue just this morning. I'd put in a ticket a few weeks back requesting to have it put for auction or sold to me, and amended that ticket yesterday to ask for it to be sold. It was instead put into the queue.

So I'd say only some people are being allowed to buy direct still...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.