When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

One of the rare parcels that allows for the Grand View to have a grand view, so naturally the new owner has opted for the Overlook instead.  Such is the GoH.

I got a "confused" reaction to this, so I'll elaborate.  All log homes are configured to either face the mailbox, or toward the left if you choose to rotate them. 

The Grand View model comes with spectacular windows in the great room, ideal for taking in "grand views."  Unfortunately, it is rare that a log home owner can actually rotate a Grand View so that the windows allow for the viewing of something worthwhile. 

In the referenced scenario, the Grand View windows actually could point to the lovely small lake, but the owner prefers the Overlook, which means a forest animal must be sacrificed to appease the log home gods.  

The worst scenario would be if the new owner actually used the Grand View home, but kept it pointed at at the mailbox.  When that happens. no amount of forest animal sacrifices will appease the gods.  Sacrificing the owner is the only option.

Edited by Matthieu Quander
Typing is hard.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I got a "confused" reaction to this, so I'll elaborate.  All log homes are configured to either face the mailbox, or toward the left if you choose to rotate them. 

The Grand View model comes with spectacular windows in the great room, ideal for taking in "grand views."  Unfortunately, it is rare that a log home owner can actually rotate a Grand View so that the windows allow for the viewing of something worthwhile. 

In the referenced scenario, the Grand View windows actually could point to the lovely small lake, but the owner prefers the Overlook, which means a forest animal must be sacrificed to appease the log home gods.  

A worst scenario would be if the new owner actually used the Grand View home, but kept it pointed at at the mailbox.  When that happens. no amount of forest animal sacrifices will appease the gods.  Sacrificing the owner is the only option.

The Grand View was my favourite model, I had it even when mine wasn't facing the water. As you mention, it is hard to find that perfect view, and although I personally would have used that model too, it is always up to the resident.

That person might not like the model for whatever reason, and that is the beauty of this world, we all are different and look at things from different perspectives. There is no a single reality, nor right/wrong when it comes to housing in SL. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Elena Core said:

The Grand View was my favourite model, I had it even when mine wasn't facing the water. As you mention, it is hard to find that perfect view, and although I personally would have used that model too, it is always up to the resident.

That person might not like the model for whatever reason, and that is the beauty of this world, we all are different and look at things from different perspectives. There is no a single reality, nor right/wrong when it comes to housing in SL. 

Of course.it is up to each owner.  I was attempting to be funny.  Maybe I'll succeed next time.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

The worst scenario would be if the new owner actually used the Grand View home, but kept it pointed at at the mailbox.  When that happens. no amount of forest animal sacrifices will appease the gods.  Sacrificing the owner is the only option.

As I gave the confused reaction I’ll elaborate. I meant that for the new owner. As someone who’s thrown back dozens of homes as they face the wrong way I don’t understand why. I get that everyone is different but just, why?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tamara Adored said:

As I gave the confused reaction I’ll elaborate. I meant that for the new owner. As someone who’s thrown back dozens of homes as they face the wrong way I don’t understand why. I get that everyone is different but just, why?

Ah...where's the "I'm confused by the owner action, not the post" emoji?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

People who are releasing homes publicly, do you mind if someone who really really wants the home messages you privately to arrange a private transfer? 

I cannot speak for everyone, but I think it is implied that if someone really wants a property, they are welcome to reach out in this thread, IM, or forum DM.  People who would rather not be contacted likely aren't posting homes, but I could be wrong. 

Also, for the uninitiated who may misinterpret your message, "private transfer" simply means that the owner will make an effort to coordinate the release of a home with the person who wants it, thus, increasing the odds of success.  There is no way to guarantee that a transfer will be successful, tricks of the trade notwithstanding.    

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Also, for the uninitiated who may misinterpret your message, "private transfer" simply means that the owner will make an effort to coordinate the release of a home with the person who wants it, thus, increasing the odds of success.  There is no way to guarantee that a transfer will be successful, tricks of the trade notwithstanding.    

Coordinating usually goes wrong for me, both when I have released, and when I am trying to get one others has relesed. It has worked two times, I think.

Others say they are more lucky. They have even released and managed to get it on another of their own avatars. In the cases when they do not wish to renew Premium for the avatar with the best house. Another avatar can be prepaid for a longer period.

My best places came "out of the blue", not announced on the forum.

• Like 7

Just now, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Do you mind if someone asks if they can have your home should/when you decide to leave? Is that too bold or acceptable?

I've done it a couple of times, and they did contact me when leaving the home. If you're polite and they are nice people, it should work out. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Do you mind if someone asks if they can have your home should/when you decide to leave? Is that too bold or acceptable?

That probably depends whom you ask.  I have asked home owners to let me know if they ever decide to move, and have had others ask the same of me.  Whether or not I remember that someone asked to be notified is another matter.  

There's no harm in asking.  The worst that can happen is that they say "no," or they forget you asked.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I don't mind.  However, be sure your expectation is to "try for your home" instead of "have" :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Personally, I am fine with this.  I did have someone contact me once  after getting a house asking if I was going to keep it as it was a location they really wanted.  I am not really one to keep a house forever, so I released it and let them have a go at it.  Nice thing is they got the house.  

It really never hurts to ask, worse case scenario the person says no.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

People who are releasing homes publicly, do you mind if someone who really really wants the home messages you privately to arrange a private transfer? 

I don't mind.  Also if someone posts here looking for a house and I have a style they want that I am going to release I will even contact them myself to see if they want to try for it instead of me posting it.  

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.