When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I have plans for a Grayson. If I can't get something when the hoped for large trailer release happens, then for the sake of my crappy health I'll have to accept that this dream of being a small part of the Belli community is really just a nightmare that needs to end. I'll try to adapt all of the wacky ideas and things I've been working on in anticipation to one of the Meadowbrook houses instead. It will end up more an experiential art space to visit than a trippy hippy hang-out for the community to explore and have fun in, but it's better than letting it all go to waste. Everyone here will be invited to check it out for a month and then I'll try to figure out what to do with the majority of two years premium I foolishly got on an alt for Bellisseria. It will be in a Grayson because of its special place in our hearts.

You will have my full support!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

That is the situation I am in....only 1 premium .....me.  I have a house - have had for about 2 months, but am getting the itch to have a houseboat......am thinking about releasing my house....maybe in the morning.....and try to get a houseboat....but not sure that I want to be homeless for a time.

If you abandon it for me to grab, I'll let you bunk with me until you get that houseboat ;) 

Edited by Liv Zerundi
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I have plans for a Grayson. If I can't get something when the hoped for large trailer release happens, then for the sake of my crappy health I'll have to accept that this dream of being a small part of the Belli community is really just a nightmare that needs to end. I'll try to adapt all of the wacky ideas and things I've been working on in anticipation to one of the Meadowbrook houses instead. It will end up more an experiential art space to visit than a trippy hippy hang-out for the community to explore and have fun in, but it's better than letting it all go to waste. Everyone here will be invited to check it out for a month and then I'll try to figure out what to do with the majority of two years premium I foolishly got on an alt for Bellisseria. It will be in a Grayson because of its special place in our hearts.

ahhh, I'm so sorry to hear it's so stressful for you. Sending you some hugs.

Having said that, I would hope that in a year or two, everybody who wants a home will have one (even if it's not their perfect location) - the Moles are working pretty fast, and they are only getting better, so here's to hoping! 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I will never rent for the following 2 reasons:

1)  I do not want to have to ensure that I log in weekly or monthly to pay rent.  What if I go on an extended vacation or I end up in the hospital or my computer breaks and it takes a while to get a replacement.

2)  People leave SL all the time and not always with any notice.  There have been so many people, over the years, that have logged in and suddenly found out t

My partner and I have been renting in SL since 2006, always private island estates.  We have never had either of those things, or any other bad things, happen.  Our landlords have always been great people, very understanding, accepting of pre-payment during scheduled breaks, not fast on the trigger when we had a miscommunication and rent wasn't paid.  Personally, I think of landlord horror stories as relics of SL's history.  The profit model for landlording in SL has not been as compelling as it was in early days for quite some time ... it doesn't attract the sort who want to make a quick buck anymore.

I'm sure it's been more expensive than having a set of premium alts get a parcel on mainland, but we have always lived in attractive communities with covenant enforcement of the esthetic, and pretty strict policing of antisocial conduct.  We enjoyed the control we had over our land on island estates as well; I don't know if mainland caught up in that regard.    I don't know when I last saw a griefer.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5

I lived on islands all these 11 years paying monthly tier to sim owners.  SL business success allowed 6 years free living, never cashed out. Mainland in those early years was hard on my crappy PCs then and slow DSL. So laggy I had no idea how anyone could exist there. I never had sim owners fail. My tiers went to stable land businesses. I was even homeless on a 12 sim place where it was possible for me to build. Very sad to see those sims close last year. They were over a decade old.  I rezzed a yacht where possible relaxed there for a year.

I again pay monthly tier at an island home, 984 prims.It amounts what I spend for gasoline each month.  I see living in Belli as a something else to do and meet different people.  I could not use mainland for a few years now it's possible on a cool Continent.   

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I really hope that within a year or so (or definitely before the two years are up) that you will be able to get a home on Bellisseria where you'll be able to create your hippy hang-out (which I would probably be interested in checking out :) )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

My partner and I have been renting in SL since 2006, always private island estates.  We have never had either of those things, or any other bad things, happen.  Our landlords have always been great people, very understanding, accepting of pre-payment during scheduled breaks, not fast on the trigger when we had a miscommunication and rent wasn't paid.  Personally, I think of landlord horror stories as relics of SL's history.  The profit model for landlording in SL has not been as compelling as it was in early days for quite some time ... it doesn't attract the sort who want to make a quick buck anymore.

I'm sure it's been more expensive than having a set of premium alts get a parcel on mainland, but we have always lived in attractive communities with covenant enforcement of the esthetic, and pretty strict policing of antisocial conduct.  We enjoyed the control we had over our land on island estates as well; I don't know if mainland caught up in that regard.    I don't know when I last saw a griefer.

You are probably right about the rental landlords being far different than they were in my early days. So likely it isn't as risky now as it was.  A couple of close friends got screwed back then.  One paid a month or two in advance and the landlord bailed after her second week.  Another's landlord ran into some sort of financial problems and her region got taken back by LL.  We definitely don't hear very many stories of such here in the forums like we used to, so yeah, things have probably gotten a bit steadier on that front.  Some old knowledge and/or experiences are sometimes hard to get past.

Based on many comments about Mainland, I think I've been fairly fortunate in my mainland experiences.  I have a high tolerance for Mainland stuff, but have also mostly been pretty lucky in regards to what has been rezzed near me.  I always keep a skybox and have had times where I spent more time in the skybox than on the ground due to surroundings, but I've never had those type of neighbors for very long.  If one gets a decent Mainland location and can deal with the occasional oddity, it can usually be done for cheaper via Premium than renting.  By the same token, I was never the type that wanted beachfront property, thus my mainland costs were never super expensive.

I haven't seen a griefer in literally forever.  I hear they still exist in many of the newbie areas and the cheapie/freebie sex areas, but I don't ever go to those.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I had a loftroom for years and i kinda loved it...no it didn't have the neighborhood feeling of Belli and no I wouldn't go back because i love my house.  BUT  I really did love it and had a great time converting it into something amazing like the guy in your example :)  Attitude makes a world of difference in how you look at things I think. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They will NEVER let people chose their own plot, because almost everyone will want some sort of beach/water plot and there is no way to create a continent of all beach/water plots.  There will always be more inland areas than coastline.

I mean realistically they could, because they made regions of nothing but houseboats, right? So it could be done, instead of one big chunk of land, terraform around it and give everybody a little beachouse with some water around them, and throw a couple bridges between houses. Ta-da, it's done.

I've seen it done at plenty of rental places, for example, I don't see why they couldn't do it for a string of beach houses.

Example:

2565af09777c7725dde95312a38a0721.jpg

Edited by AlyceAdrift

7 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I mean realistically they could, because they made regions of nothing but houseboats, right? So it could be done, instead of one big chunk of land, terraform around it and give everybody a little beachouse with some water around them, and throw a couple bridges between houses. Ta-da, it's done.

I've seen it done at plenty of rental places, for example, I don't see why they couldn't do it for a string of beach houses.

Example:

2565af09777c7725dde95312a38a0721.jpg

I don't think they could ever get the customized and varied landscaping look if they did that.  One or two dozen homes (if that) and everything would start looking really cookie-cutter like.  Given everything that Patch and Abnor have said during this project so far, I can't ever see it happening -- either the parcels as you describe them or folks getting to choose their plots.

But hey, everyone is entitled to dreams, so anyone wishing to pick their parcel can continue to dream of such.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here are the calcs:

My previous mainland plot was an 8192 sqm piece of land.  With just my 1024 sqm tier, that leaves 7165 tier to be paid for.  That falls into the 35.00 PER MONTH charge - which is $420 per Year.

Stipends are $L300 per week times 52 weeks in a year equals L$15,600.  I can sell that for roughly $60.00.  Yearly fee of one Premium $72 (using the old cost) minus the $60 that I get for my stipends, means I actually pay $12 per year per Premium account.  

$12 times 8 accounts = $96 -- which is far, far, far less that the $420 noted above for a year of tier cost and also far, far less that I'd pay in a year for renting.

You are a Rockstar!  There is no way I'd figure that out/ type that out.   I think all this slouching around waiting on water property has made my fingers ultra lazy.....till they are incentivized by a Belli popup.   ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Armani223 said:

Seriously considering it 😂 now that I’m in my 11th week of trying for a new home 

Don't give up!  It will happen.  Imma tell you a funny story.   So I played catch and release for too long with the first release.  Not even knowing/remembering about the mailbox to change the house.   Idiotic in retrospect, but whatever.   So I had been trying, trying, trying.  Like literally walking around like the Seinfeld episode muttering, "No soup for you"   Those of you that have seen Seinfield will get it.    Then I see we were restricted to the number of times we could TRY for soup.  LOL   I was ticked.  Im like what in the control freak is going on here.    So at 5:05pm CST, a time I KNOW I have not a doo doos chance of getting a house with allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the restrictions/limited homes and stuff.   I logged in saw a house, was thinking Im not even sure why Im clicking this because I know its going to be gone.   And guess what???   I got a frigging houseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!      So all that said is, do not give up hope.   It is totally possible.   Two days later my daughter for a beautiful plot/spot that was abandoned on Ketran.    Keep trying.  It's worth it.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

You are a Rockstar!  There is no way I'd figure that out/ type that out.   I think all this slouching around waiting on water property has made my fingers ultra lazy.....till they are incentivized by a Belli popup.   ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Someone else did the calcs in the forums years ago.  I simply have it pasted into a reference doc for when people ask about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

That guy is really good. :) Quite a creative use of those old homes. Just goes to show it's really the owner that makes or breaks a home. Thx for sharing.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Liv Zerundi said:

I got one! I got one! I got one! I got one!

Someone just abandoned their home on Rothacker. I'm going to check it out now!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Aww congrats! That's excellent news. I hope you enjoy your new home. :) 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Aww congrats! That's excellent news. I hope you enjoy your new home. :) 

Thank you! It's nothing "fancy", no waterfront or anything, but I'm over the moon with it!
I've always lived in family communities, so I don't mind being on a busy street at all. Maybe down the road I might try and snag up something else, but for the coming time, I'm going to settle down here :)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Liv Zerundi said:

I got one! I got one! I got one! I got one!

Someone just abandoned their home on Rothacker. I'm going to check it out now!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Awww that’s awesome  👏👏👏 congrats hun xo enjoy 😊 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

That guy is really good. :) Quite a creative use of those old homes. Just goes to show it's really the owner that makes or breaks a home. Thx for sharing.

That hooman is nakie!! lol "covers eyes with paws".

but great job on both homes!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Lots of inspiration thank you! (I just spent a day covering up the stairs in mine!)

Also I got a welcome from the neighbour, so I guess community is what you make it?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

...I'm sure it's been more expensive than having a set of premium alts get a parcel on mainland, but we have always lived in attractive communities with covenant enforcement of the esthetic, and pretty strict policing of antisocial conduct.  We enjoyed the control we had over our land on island estates as well; I don't know if mainland caught up in that regard.    I don't know when I last saw a griefer.

That is just what I feel! All the time since 2007 I either was homeless or rented from landlords who made beautifull landscapes.  I personally have a real HOOROR of mainland. The two or three times Leora became premium for a month I tested it and HATED it. Terribly diffiicult to find a parcel my tier can afford that I liked at least MILDLY and as soon as I found one - and paid for "buying" it ... then PLOP comes my next door neighbour and erects a skyscraper or a brothel or a noisy nightclub!

I HATE to live in a skybox - feels like a cell in jail or something claustrobphobic to me and I HATE to live among those ... how are they called? ... uge prim walls, transparent from the outside and with a picture of nice landscape on the inside. On mainland I cannot zoom around me without seeing the most awfull superugly trash that really makes me panic.

For rather the same reason I tested and found AWFULL all types of old Linden Homes. They weere "little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of tickytacky and they all look just like boxes and they all look just the same!" ... they were ugly (for my taste) and NO landscape to speak of inbetween them and even when you would have gotten one at the seaside there was no real seaside ... no feeling of seaside...

47457351801_22d6bb89ea_b.jpg
LindenHome01Cedar by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

That is the reason why none of my alts ever has been premium ... or would have been .... if LL wouldn't have had the best idea EVER (much better than creating Sansar) to invest time, skill and land in building a real LANDSCAPE with nice houses and big gardens and public places and an atmosphere where one likes to live in! Viva Bellisseria!! :)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.