When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

At that rate why not just rent land instead of paying premium for like 8 other accounts? You could probably get bigger land for half the price, realistically. I'm not comprehending it tbh.

I will never rent for the following 2 reasons:

1)  I do not want to have to ensure that I log in weekly or monthly to pay rent.  What if I go on an extended vacation or I end up in the hospital or my computer breaks and it takes a while to get a replacement.

2)  People leave SL all the time and not always with any notice.  There have been so many people, over the years, that have logged in and suddenly found out that their home is gone because their landlord either up and left without telling anyone ahead of time or they didn't pay their tier and LL took their land.

You see a lot of things when you've been in SL for well over a decade.

Additionally, when you save the stipends and sell them to pay for the Premium yearly fee, the ultimately cost of that premium is very little money compared to the cost of renting for a year.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I will never rent for the following 2 reasons:

1)  I do not want to have to ensure that I log in weekly or monthly to pay rent.  What if I go on an extended vacation or I end up in the hospital or my computer breaks and it takes a while to get a replacement.

2)  People leave SL all the time and not always with any notice.  There have been so many people, over the years, that have logged in and suddenly found out that their home is gone because their landlord either up and left without telling anyone ahead of time or they didn't pay their tier and LL took their land.

You see a lot of things when you've been in SL for well over a decade.

You said it's cheaper to pay for extra accounts than a monthly mainland tier? I honestly don't see how. You'd think the land itself would be far cheaper than at least 12$ a month per account. 

3 minutes ago, Liv Zerundi said:

Okay, it sounds like you're the one to ask: can you get me one too? 😉

Hehe, I just either sit at work with it running in the background or at home doing the same think until I either see the pop-up window at work or the ding at home and then it is all luck from there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liv Zerundi said:

Sidenote: is that Grayson house growing on you guys too? Or is it just me? 😂

5 minutes ago, MaryFiAllen said:

i see! never thought of that myself. eye opened me thanks:)

Actually I think the Loftroom maybe growing on me 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, AlyceAdrift said:

You said it's cheaper to pay for extra accounts than a monthly mainland tier? I honestly don't see how. You'd think the land itself would be far cheaper than at least 12$ a month per account. 

Here are the calcs:

My previous mainland plot was an 8192 sqm piece of land.  With just my 1024 sqm tier, that leaves 7165 tier to be paid for.  That falls into the 35.00 PER MONTH charge - which is $420 per Year.

Stipends are $L300 per week times 52 weeks in a year equals L$15,600.  I can sell that for roughly $60.00.  Yearly fee of one Premium $72 (using the old cost) minus the $60 that I get for my stipends, means I actually pay $12 per year per Premium account.  

$12 times 8 accounts = $96 -- which is far, far, far less that the $420 noted above for a year of tier cost and also far, far less that I'd pay in a year for renting.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MaryFiAllen said:

i am amazed 1 person  needs so many premium acounts . wau

you must live you rl in sl

Not really they came little by little over the years since 2007. They are individuals and I love them all - they are my virtual children - or barbie dolls. Only neither of them have ever been premium - nor had Leora (only once or twice for a month).

But when the Bellisseria Godrush started that sort of fascinated me - and I decided to invest some money in more chances - since I did NOT want to let one home go without HAVING a better one (or choice of better ones).

Other people rent a half homestead - or have several meshbodies and Bentoheads in their inventory. Each of us has other things in SL that seem to him/her worth to sprend money on. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Armani223 said:

Do we even know if there is a release today? Not usually right?🤷‍♀️ I can keep refreshing in the hope of an abandoned one.

Typically there is not a release on Thu, but I **think** there was a Tue release, so nobody knows for sure.

18 minutes ago, Liv Zerundi said:

For some reason, my auto refresh is stuck on Montain View.

Come back, Grayson, everything is forgiven 😄

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here are the calcs:

My previous mainland plot was an 8192 sqm piece of land.  With just my 1024 sqm tier, that leaves 7165 tier to be paid for.  That falls into the 35.00 PER MONTH charge - which is $420 per Year.

Stipends are $L300 per week times 52 weeks in a year equals L$15,600.  I can sell that for roughly $60.00.  Yearly fee of one Premium $72 (using the old cost) minus the $60 that I get for my stipends, means I actually pay $12 per year per Premium account.  

$12 times 8 accounts = $96 -- which is far, far, far less that the $420 noted above for a year of tier cost and also far, far less that I'd pay in a year for renting.

but you have to have your things all over the place, cant change terraform or house ...hummmmm i was almost convinced. but i like doing things with my land. 

3 minutes ago, MaryFiAllen said:

but you have to have your things all over the place, cant change terraform or house ...hummmmm i was almost convinced. but i like doing things with my land. 

Actually you don't... you are not required to use the 1024 of built in tier on a Linden Home... you can use that on regular mainland... And if you stick all 8 of your alts in a group and buy the land through a group now you get 1 big lot

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MaryFiAllen said:

Nope - All of the accounts donate their tier to a group and the land is "deeded" to the group and is one large parcel.  All of my accounts have full abilities in the group and thus any of them can terraform or do anything else with the land.

Regular mainland allows for land to be 'deeded' to group, which is different than how the Linden Homes work.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope - All of the accounts donate their tier to a group and the land is "deeded" to the group and is one large parcel.  All of my accounts have full abilities in the group and thus any of them can terraform or do anything else with the land.

Regular mainland allows for land to be 'deeded' to group, which is different than how the Linden Homes work.

didnt know that:) thanks for explaining:)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MaryFiAllen said:

i am amazed 1 person  needs so many premium acounts . wau

you must live you rl in sl

I have my account, my husband has his own account, and my friend has her account so no I have only one premium, just have access to other accounts to help them get a home.

If you seem to actually want to know my business.

39 minutes ago, Liv Zerundi said:

I have plans for a Grayson. If I can't get something when the hoped for large trailer release happens, then for the sake of my crappy health I'll have to accept that this dream of being a small part of the Belli community is really just a nightmare that needs to end. I'll try to adapt all of the wacky ideas and things I've been working on in anticipation to one of the Meadowbrook houses instead. It will end up more an experiential art space to visit than a trippy hippy hang-out for the community to explore and have fun in, but it's better than letting it all go to waste. Everyone here will be invited to check it out for a month and then I'll try to figure out what to do with the majority of two years premium I foolishly got on an alt for Bellisseria. It will be in a Grayson because of its special place in our hearts.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I also own some mainland and it is actually cheaper to pay for the extra Premium accounts to get their 1024 sqm tier than for the single account to pay monthly increased tier.  The majority of my Premium accounts hardly ever log in.

Many people do the same thing, specifically for the tier reason.

Exactly me and hubby have done that for years we rented land and paid any where from $60-$80 a month now between the both of us we pay $24 a month maybe even less since we pay annually so you do the math. Even though it is less prims then we normally deal with because I love decorating the inside of the home and always adding items I just have to downsize that urge.

But if I am allowed one of these nice little homes with my Premium whether I have one or five accounts I am going to take the option to obtain one. My money and yes my time.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RacyAcey said:

The Loftroom was my favorite Meadowbrook home.  I had a few of those & loved the big rooms & only really 2 rooms to decorate.

1 minute ago, RacyAcey said:

The Loftroom was my favorite Meadowbrook home.  I had a few of those & loved the big rooms & only really 2 rooms to decorate.

Seriously considering it 😂 now that I’m in my 11th week of trying for a new home 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well and that is where the alts come in. I only release a lot when I HAVE a better one! - If you don't pay for premium alts you have to give up the one you don't like not knowing if and when you'll get a better one.

But if you do not want that - pay for a premium alt! - or keep whatever you've got 

That is the situation I am in....only 1 premium .....me.  I have a house - have had for about 2 months, but am getting the itch to have a houseboat......am thinking about releasing my house....maybe in the morning.....and try to get a houseboat....but not sure that I want to be homeless for a time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.