Jump to content

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to clear this up:   Last week, I said "Not this week, or next week".   That now refers to the week of 22 March through 28 March.  I also said "thousands" as in over 4000. I don't know, may

I've died and gone to Bellessaria Heaven. My new place is better than I could have imagined. Roads on 3 sides, with an edge of protected land so it gives the illusion my yard is huge. A river mou

I got a home ! 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Stop being a bunch of KARENS

I pity the poor women of the world who are actually named Karen. 

13 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Wow.  See you folks in a month or so, maybe.

Thank you for your lovely fireflies, Nika. I've been sprinkling them around my landscaping. They've been bringing me much peace during this time of turmoil and uncertainty. 

Now back to regular scheduled programming.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Wow.  See you folks in a month or so, maybe.

let's just all have a group hug and move on.  

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BillieZee said:

I'm a returning resident, how exactly do I find a Bellisaria home....  where do I look for abandoned homes there?...  I'm lost!!!

 

 

 

I didn't actually bother with auto-refresh last time, just used the in-game browser and refreshed at intervals. It took about six hours but I got a nice seaside Vic eventually.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The first time you get in a dispute with a renter, they go to LL and spill. And this is not another petty resident/resident dispute, but a glaring break of the covenant.

no, it's not just a resident/resident dispute,  it's a dispute between a resident who for whatever reason can't get a premium account of their own and a resident who's paying for dozens. i wonder whose side LL will take?

( i don't think these people are trying to make money either, if they were they'd diversify a little. chintzy Vics are not everyone's speed. but there absolutely will be others who look at the money they would have sunk into a sim and decide that might be better spent on Linden homes, since you don't have the house itself eating into your prim allowance or the hassle of terraforming.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, usagihara said:

no, it's not just a resident/resident dispute,  it's a dispute between a resident who for whatever reason can't get a premium account of their own and a resident who's paying for dozens. i wonder whose side LL will take?

( i don't think these people are trying to make money either, if they were they'd diversify a little. chintzy Vics are not everyone's speed. but there absolutely will be others who look at the money they would have sunk into a sim and decide that might be better spent on Linden homes, since you don't have the house itself eating into your prim allowance or the hassle of terraforming.)

I will try to not reply more here, I have been a bad person, added to the derailing and will stop. I can only ask the ones who want to discuss this, make another thread. It is becoming embarrassing to direct new people here, it all must be confusing for them.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I will try to not reply more here, I have been a bad person, added to the derailing and will stop. I can only ask the ones who want to discuss this, make another thread. It is becoming embarrassing to direct new people here, it all must be confusing for them.

to me it seems like some people losing it a bit ,must be the stress of corona 😏

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

to me it seems like some people losing it a bit ,must be the stress of corona 😏

The "stress of corona" sometimes does make it difficult for me to control my emotions (which I find is a much better term to use than "losing it") and I do start to cry, get angry etc., because I've been shielding for so long as I have serious health issues, so to distract myself I go to SL and decorate my home/s.  I thought I had found my forever home but ended up feeling intimated by these people so I abandoned it, and some others which I landed on which were close to their properties, which you also might find funny.  I haven't renewed my premium on 2 accounts now because of this situation, where I find a nice home and these people are there, or have been there and left their mark by dressing up a home and then leaving it empty.  These people and others like them are ruining Belli for me and it doesn't feel the community friendly way I envisaged.  People having more than one property is fine but this is excessive behaviour now.

As for the discussion "becoming embarrassing" - what is embarrassing is the fact people are paying premium and not being able to get a Linden Home when others have multiple homes all in prime locations standing empty.  Not everyone has the confidence to give their name and add to the discussion on here as they've told me this in-world but like me and some of the others many people are angry and upset about this situation. 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I very OBVIOUSLY have no issue with people owning multiple homes. I have a Traditional, a Victorian and a Houseboat. I do think there is a point where having so many of the prime locations becomes selfish. And that is all I am going to say on the subject.

I have just landed a Traditional in a very cute location. I grab extra ones here and there to use for building addons. I abandon them when I am done. It is on a large water canal with sand and it looks like there are many active residents around. The Traditional I have is on Dimingos and it's great too. It has a water view, near a public pool and sits sunk in off the road. Now I have to chose between the two Traditional I have (I don't need or want two) and I do not know how to decide!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aisleyne said:

The "stress of corona" sometimes does make it difficult for me to control my emotions (which I find is a much better term to use than "losing it") and I do start to cry, get angry etc., because I've been shielding for so long as I have serious health issues, so to distract myself I go to SL and decorate my home/s.  I thought I had found my forever home but ended up feeling intimated by these people so I abandoned it, and some others which I landed on which were close to their properties, which you also might find funny.  I haven't renewed my premium on 2 accounts now because of this situation, where I find a nice home and these people are there, or have been there and left their mark by dressing up a home and then leaving it empty.  These people and others like them are ruining Belli for me and it doesn't feel the community friendly way I envisaged.  People having more than one property is fine but this is excessive behaviour now.

As for the discussion "becoming embarrassing" - what is embarrassing is the fact people are paying premium and not being able to get a Linden Home when others have multiple homes all in prime locations standing empty.  Not everyone has the confidence to give their name and add to the discussion on here as they've told me this in-world but like me and some of the others many people are angry and upset about this situation. 

you are repeating yourself over and ,and the more you lookat it the bigger it gets ,just look the other way if you see something you dont like ,its a game and we all play it as we like ,so be kind to yourself and start looking for nice things instead 🙂

 

 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Atina0 said:

to me it seems like some people losing it a bit ,must be the stress of corona 😏

My apologies to the OP for adding to the derailment of her thread.

Atina0, that's rather a cold assumption to make, '...losing it a bit...' look up Mental Health Awareness. 

Remember, we are all REAL people behind these avatars/alts, we are all in the same boat, yet some think it's OK to exploit that. SL is not a game, and some people just don't treat others in-world like they would in RL, or do they!

Again, I apologise to the OP.

 

 

Edited by MollySevens
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

for the people who are watching this thread   ,im gonna send back one of  my most favorite homes in Nevile in 5 min  

 

sorry for the short notice ,but i might end up keeping it if i wait to long   

 

and gone in a flash   

Edited by Atina0
adding lines
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mariyah Arabello said:

I saw a Victorian available and clicked to grab it but had a Camper highlighted. It was not a completely wasted roll though because it's an amazing parcel. I am going to let it go though because I am not a camper person.

I will let it go in 15 minutes. 3:45 SLT.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lake Tatakaka/202/110/38

grabbed it out of curiousity   ,not sure if  i will keep it though   ,im a beachy lover 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I think the hunting is more fun than the actual finding!😂 
 I did finally find one in an area that feels more like me and I think I will stay there a while. It’s a traditional right across from a houseboat area, so I actually see a green dot or two on the map and have a strip of beach when I want it.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sardonyx Mysterious said:

Sometimes I think the hunting is more fun than the actual finding!😂 
 I did finally find one in an area that feels more like me and I think I will stay there a while. It’s a traditional right across from a houseboat area, so I actually see a green dot or two on the map and have a strip of beach when I want it.

Yes, I miss hunting when I am settled down. It is a small voice whispering in the back of my head, what can I be missing? Better places than I have??

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two cents from a RL nurse and SL GoH lover:

Life during Covid-19 is tough and many people probably share this feeling of added stress, and also of having SL as an outlet/escape. Unfortunately bullying in video games is a very real thing. If you every feel bullied or intimidated you should report it immediately. When I read this I knew right away who the 'mother and daughter' were because I live near them, and I blocked them. Shortly after getting my home one of them started contacting me, asking if I would give them my home, sending me notes, and then IMs when I didn't respond. The fellow who lived in a home next to me gave his up because they asked him for his and got upset with him when he said no. I don't care how many alts or homes they have, that doesn't bother me. I do care when they take GoH so far that they are harassing other residents out of their homes. If that occurs, report it. More on that in a moment.

Covid is an added stress on top of your normal stresses which exacerbates everything else and amplifies it even more. In times like these using our resources, talking to our doctors, practicing aggressive self care, and taking care of our mental health is important. It is easy to transfer real life frustrations, depression, medical issues, anxiety, and all of those normal tough things we feel, into SecondLife. The internet and games can also trigger emotions and bring up feelings we weren't expecting. It is important to recognize when our emotions are being effected by any video game, and if that creeps over the line of upsetting us in real life, to take a step back from it and take care of ourselves first. It doesn't mean you have to keep it off, but it does mean that sometimes disconnecting helps. If any game gets to the point where it's making us angry, cry, or it is no longer therapeutic, take a step back from it and regroup. Talk to someone and know you aren't alone in it. Sometimes changing how we play the game or how much we focus on how others play their game, can also help. Taking care of ourselves is our #1 priority in SL and RL, and that includes recognizing when something is triggering us or becoming hard to cope with.

There are a lot of people in world. Much like RL (true of every video game) not all of them are people we'd want to live next door too. Fortunately it's easier to move in SL than RL. You can also de-render their items, block them, and bring your fun in game back into focus. We can't control other people or how they play their game. Focusing on what others do and letting how they play their games is a recipe for disaster. Sometimes it means reporting when necessary and other times it means de-rendering items, blocking people, ignoring things we don't like, and focusing on things we like instead. Play the game in a way that is fun for you, if it isn't fun anymore, change it or re-evaluate the situation and your goals.

Regarding GoH, alt hoards, and the patience it requires to find the community you like AND the home you want. It reminds me of when I play other MMO adventure games. There are always those people who buy their success in any game. Players with tons of accounts and money to throw at their game can be a thorn for a solo player trying to play in the same space. On top of that, some of the people that play games that way can also be trolls who are selfish and only think of themselves. Nothing to do about players like that but ignore them. Games are a business, we wouldn't have a game at all if they weren't profitable, and there is nothing wrong with people having multiple alts or playing GoH if they enjoy it.

Is it slower to find a home when you have 1-2 accounts and no group of friends who is also doing it? Absolutely, but you can still find a home. You can also give up a home you love (it's so hard lol) to find a better or, or a better set of neighbors.  It took me four months to finally get a cabin and neighbors I loved. You can't let it upset you or other people ruin your game. I find the hunt as fun as I do finding my actual home and decorating it. Also, not all houses are empty for negative reasons. Some of us work 12 hour shifts with Covid, and do not get to play every day or week. I do a little here, a little there. Sometimes a week or three pass and I haven't touched it. Try not to judge other homes because you never know what their lives are like outside SL. How many alts and homes someone has, how quickly they decorate or not, how tastefully they decorate etc, is their business. Play your game your way.

Another idea is to find others who love GoH so that you can share homes you find with eachother, and have a bigger group of buddies to explore sim releases, and chances at homes with. My friends and I helped eachother find the home we wanted because everyone likes something different. You never know when a buddy might not like a house but you love it. Even if you play solo, it's doable. Even with one alt you can do it. It requires patience, persistence, and allowing yourself to enjoy the hunt. If we can't enjoy it, or it bugs us when the people with more alts play, because that is part of GoH too, there are other things to do, and other places to live in SL, if we need a break. (Damn that Lannister and his alts, where's a fire breathing dragon when you need one!) If the whole thing gets to the point where it isn't fun anymore, we can turn the computer off! Especially in times like a pandemic, disconnecting from media and internet is important. Becoming overloaded with any kind of online media, negativity, or situation that's pushing our buttons isn't healthy. Take breaks as needed!

PS if anyone needs help finding their forever home or a friend to talk to feel free to message me anytime in game or here. We're in this together. 😃

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Press Covfefe said:

Two cents from a RL nurse and SL GoH lover:

Life during Covid-19 is tough and many people probably share this feeling of added stress, and also of having SL as an outlet/escape. Unfortunately bullying in video games is a very real thing. If you every feel bullied or intimidated you should report it immediately. When I read this I knew right away who the 'mother and daughter' were because I live near them, and I blocked them. Shortly after getting my home one of them started contacting me, asking if I would give them my home, sending me notes, and then IMs when I didn't respond. The fellow who lived in a home next to me gave his up because they asked him for his and got upset with him when he said no. I don't care how many alts or homes they have, that doesn't bother me. I do care when they take GoH so far that they are harassing other residents out of their homes. If that occurs, report it. More on that in a moment.

Covid is an added stress on top of your normal stresses which exacerbates everything else and amplifies it even more. In times like these using our resources, talking to our doctors, practicing aggressive self care, and taking care of our mental health is important. It is easy to transfer real life frustrations, depression, medical issues, anxiety, and all of those normal tough things we feel, into SecondLife. The internet and games can also trigger emotions and bring up feelings we weren't expecting. It is important to recognize when our emotions are being effected by any video game, and if that creeps over the line of upsetting us in real life, to take a step back from it and take care of ourselves first. It doesn't mean you have to keep it off, but it does mean that sometimes disconnecting helps. If any game gets to the point where it's making us angry, cry, or it is no longer therapeutic, take a step back from it and regroup. Talk to someone and know you aren't alone in it. Sometimes changing how we play the game or how much we focus on how others play their game, can also help. Taking care of ourselves is our #1 priority in SL and RL, and that includes recognizing when something is triggering us or becoming hard to cope with.

There are a lot of people in world. Much like RL (true of every video game) not all of them are people we'd want to live next door too. Fortunately it's easier to move in SL than RL. You can also de-render their items, block them, and bring your fun in game back into focus. We can't control other people or how they play their game. Focusing on what others do and letting how they play their games is a recipe for disaster. Sometimes it means reporting when necessary and other times it means de-rendering items, blocking people, ignoring things we don't like, and focusing on things we like instead. Play the game in a way that is fun for you, if it isn't fun anymore, change it or re-evaluate the situation and your goals.

Regarding GoH, alt hoards, and the patience it requires to find the community you like AND the home you want. It reminds me of when I play other MMO adventure games. There are always those people who buy their success in any game. Players with tons of accounts and money to throw at their game can be a thorn for a solo player trying to play in the same space. On top of that, some of the people that play games that way can also be trolls who are selfish and only think of themselves. Nothing to do about players like that but ignore them. Games are a business, we wouldn't have a game at all if they weren't profitable, and there is nothing wrong with people having multiple alts or playing GoH if they enjoy it.

Is it slower to find a home when you have 1-2 accounts and no group of friends who is also doing it? Absolutely, but you can still find a home. You can also give up a home you love (it's so hard lol) to find a better or, or a better set of neighbors.  It took me four months to finally get a cabin and neighbors I loved. You can't let it upset you or other people ruin your game. I find the hunt as fun as I do finding my actual home and decorating it. Also, not all houses are empty for negative reasons. Some of us work 12 hour shifts with Covid, and do not get to play every day or week. I do a little here, a little there. Sometimes a week or three pass and I haven't touched it. Try not to judge other homes because you never know what their lives are like outside SL. How many alts and homes someone has, how quickly they decorate or not, how tastefully they decorate etc, is their business. Play your game your way.

Another idea is to find others who love GoH so that you can share homes you find with eachother, and have a bigger group of buddies to explore sim releases, and chances at homes with. My friends and I helped eachother find the home we wanted because everyone likes something different. You never know when a buddy might not like a house but you love it. Even if you play solo, it's doable. Even with one alt you can do it. It requires patience, persistence, and allowing yourself to enjoy the hunt. If we can't enjoy it, or it bugs us when the people with more alts play, because that is part of GoH too, there are other things to do, and other places to live in SL, if we need a break. (Damn that Lannister and his alts, where's a fire breathing dragon when you need one!) If the whole thing gets to the point where it isn't fun anymore, we can turn the computer off! Especially in times like a pandemic, disconnecting from media and internet is important. Becoming overloaded with any kind of online media, negativity, or situation that's pushing our buttons isn't healthy. Take breaks as needed!

PS if anyone needs help finding their forever home or a friend to talk to feel free to message me anytime in game or here. We're in this together. 😃

How did they ask for your house though? Was it persistent asking, demanding tone, or just “hey if you decide to abandon, could I get a heads up?” Just wondering what deserves the block.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to this thread someone contacted me and i got the chance to have a lovely camper ^^ 

already feels like home :) and one it is enough ❤️

would be nice if was not a empty neighborhood and people would actually interact ! Hope everyone have a nice weekend ! 

Feel free to contact me if you like roleplay or just go explore the continent !

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...