When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Atina0 said:

i never pay attenion at who gets what a region release  ,is it illegal to have multiple homes in one region  ,why all the fuss about it ?

Not illegal as far as I know either as I stated! People will wonder though :) 

11 minutes ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

who is doing this?  Edited to say, nevermind.  I didn't realize disclosure is against tos.    I am surprised by the conversation.  So someone is going around grabbing up a bunch of homes as they are released?

I think whatever the intentions or motivations of the people involved it's found its way here and sparked a debate  :)  

• Like 1

I’m going to throw my 2 pence in. I own a mainland property. My partners business is run through there & there’s not much in the way of community. When I heard about Bellisseria I thought I’d check it out & I was delighted to find an active community, people would chat when you were looking around, it felt friendly & so I upgraded an alt & started looking for my perfect spot. Over time I found neighbourhoods getting quieter, empty homes & most of the time I’d be the only person in the region. I started noticing a lot of homes were taken by the same land group. It’s not just one region, it’s many areas you’ll find these houses. They have very little done to them: an extension added, a few bits of furniture but basically empty. I don’t know what they are doing but i find it disruptive to the community feel. It’s also very disheartening when you see a nice area being released & find the majority of property is taken by the same group. Because of this I’m letting my alt go back to basic when the month runs out & will move back to my mainland house. If they are making money out of it I’m sure the Lindens will find out eventually. If they are just hoarders then I’m glad they have found something that makes them happy. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tamara Adored said:

I’m going to throw my 2 pence in. I own a mainland property. My partners business is run through there & there’s not much in the way of community. When I heard about Bellisseria I thought I’d check it out & I was delighted to find an active community, people would chat when you were looking around, it felt friendly & so I upgraded an alt & started looking for my perfect spot. Over time I found neighbourhoods getting quieter, empty homes & most of the time I’d be the only person in the region. I started noticing a lot of homes were taken by the same land group. It’s not just one region, it’s many areas you’ll find these houses. They have very little done to them: an extension added, a few bits of furniture but basically empty. I don’t know what they are doing but i find it disruptive to the community feel. It’s also very disheartening when you see a nice area being released & find the majority of property is taken by the same group. Because of this I’m letting my alt go back to basic when the month runs out & will move back to my mainland house. If they are making money out of it I’m sure the Lindens will find out eventually. If they are just hoarders then I’m glad they have found something that makes them happy. 

I hope the Lindens see this or are already aware as i'd agree, that would be a problem for me also. Hopefully they are aware

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Lia Starlight said:

I hope the Lindens see this or are already aware as i'd agree, that would be a problem for me also. Hopefully they are aware

Everything in this thread is really nothing but speculation.  If someone feels there has been a TOS violation what they should be doing is filing an AR and letting LL deal with it, not posting about it here.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Lia Starlight said:

I see I'm not alone in finding acquisitive behavior like this disheartening, but I haven't reported it because I don't see any violations of covenant or TOS.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I see no actual EVIDENCE of commercial activity.  All the accounts involved are paid for of course. 

Yes, it seems sad to see a bunch of coastal properties (that I know a lot of newbies and others who've not been lucky would love), going to one seemingly very small number of typists/groups in a very targeted way, but tbh I doubt anyone other than a very active hopper like ourselves would ever notice it.  Once acquired, the properties' exteriors are usually competently decorated, so they're not a visual problem for the neighborhood. 

I don't think collecting desirable properties' is reportable.  I mean, where do you draw the line?

"Depressing other hoppers" also doesn't seem reportable   😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

If someone sells the access to an account (password and log on) away from SL (say comms through email and payment through transfer or paypal say), then does that create a grey area? There is no ownership, we all rent our parcels from LL so there is essentially no asset that we can transfer to someone else in exchange for payment. But if it took place outside of that how could one track it? Does anyone know or is clearer on that than me? All this has made me wonder about that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

If someone sells the access to an account (password and log on) away from SL (say comms through email and payment through transfer or paypal say), then does that create a grey area? There is no ownership, we all rent our parcels from LL so there is essentially no asset that we can transfer to someone else in exchange for payment. But if it took place outside of that how could one track it? Does anyone know or is clearer on that than me? All this has made me wonder about that. 

Way back years ago it was against the TOS to sell an account but I don’t know if this still applies. I know I tick that I’ve read the TOS but we all know few of us actually read the whole thing 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tamara Adored said:

to be fair i think the community feel was always going to disperse as Bellisseria got bigger? it mainly exists here and in the inworld groups rather than actual neighbourhoods anyway. and i don't think the Lindens care if this behaviour drives away people like us with only one premium account, because they're making bank on people with 20-30 of the things. there will always be people with the time and money to abuse the system, it's been like that from day one. it starts with someone having two or three homes, then it's normal to have five, now it's ok to have five times that. it's only a matter of time before the lack of new regions for sale leads to half of Bellisseria being swallowed up by land barons with 100+ premium accounts (they will LOVE the stilt homes), and nobody will do anything about that either.

also, nobody needs to be selling alts to rent out a property. all they have to do is charge people to join the land group, then kick them out and force them to rejoin when rent is due. the way lootbox groups work.

Edited by usagihara
i had a thought
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tamara Adored said:

Way back years ago it was against the TOS to sell an account but I don’t know if this still applies. I know I tick that I’ve read the TOS but we all know few of us actually read the whole thing 🤣

I certainly haven't but I know the basics and I wondered aloud there. Sorry away from topic!!!

39 minutes ago, usagihara said:

... it starts with someone having two or three homes, then it's normal to have five, now it's ok to have five times that. it's only a matter of time before the lack of new regions for sale leads to half of Bellisseria being swallowed up by land barons with 100+ premium accounts (they will LOVE the stilt homes), and nobody will do anything about that either.

also, nobody needs to be selling alts to rent out a property. all they have to do is charge people to join the land group, then kick them out and force them to rejoin when rent is due. the way lootbox groups work.

I confess to having five homes, just renewed five of my alts for one year and am going to keep that homes.

They are set to a group too - but the members of that group are exclusively my alts (5 premium 3 basic) no Avatar is in that group that has someone else behind the keyboard than just ME ... not even friends. So our happy little family of eight have five homes among them...

... plus a country cottage I am renting in an estate. ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tamara Adored said:

It’s also very disheartening when you see a nice area being released & find the majority of property is taken by the same group. Because of this I’m letting my alt go back to basic when the month runs out & will move back to my mainland house. If they are making money out of it I’m sure the Lindens will find out eventually. If they are just hoarders then I’m glad they have found something that makes them happy. 

What you're seeing is really about timing.

This thread reveals pretty well that there is a segment of the community addicted to house hopping.

They tend to be very fast at it. On new releases they tend to manage to grab a lot of them. Sometimes all of them. But then over the course of the next day or two almost all if not all of them move on to the next shiny.

This actually serves a very useful purpose for others: it results in the releases actually being staggered out over time.

A new place goes out - the same 20 people grab all the plots, and then the plots go back into the queue over the next day, 1 or so every hour or two. That in the end results in it being a lot easier for new people not living on the west coast of the Americas to get into those spots.

But yes, it looks like the same people holding everything if you just look at it as a snapshot in time...

These folks also end up cycling around the land a lot, so when you go look at a plot that was announced as going back in, it's usually one of them holding it within the hour... but 2 hours later it will be held by some random new person because the hopping-addicts have bounced over to a new shiny.

• Like 6

Easy to derail a thread. I swore I should not derail it further... and yet here I am.

If you put my premiums in a region, it would look pretty good. Luckily they are spread in different regions. As I understand it, we are talking about more that 4 homes. Over ten, maybe more? It has to be at least ten to take all coastal in several regions.

But it is not possible to earn money of this. I mean, how do you advertise? It is illegal to rent out. I know about using the group as a possibility, but come on. The first time you get in a dispute with a renter, they go to LL and spill. And this is not another petty resident/resident dispute, but a glaring break of the covenant.

LL can see every payment, and the movement of people too, I am sure. Someone pay to join a group, and LL can follow their TP history and where they put down objects. It is a very risky business to run, and how can anyone take enough rent so it pays for Premium? Come on... it isn't possible to earn money of it.

My bet: Someone does this house collecting as a replacement because their holiday is cancelled, and they have nothing better to do. They also have money to spend, because they are not going to spend it in Ibiza or wheresoever they should go.

• Like 7

I went looking. Across 2 different regions that were released 11 days apart...

there are 3 homes taken by 1 person's group, and 2 homes taken by another person's group. The second person has clearly seen this thread and put up a very defensive message in their profile stating that these are her personal homes so stop harassing her.

I don't see some crisis in 5 homes being split between 2 people across  2 different regions over the span of a half a month...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

there are 3 homes taken by 1 person's group, and 2 homes taken by another person's group. The second person has clearly seen this thread and put up a very defensive message in their profile stating that these are her personal homes so stop harassing her.

I don't see some crisis in 5 homes being split between 2 people across  2 different regions over the span of a half a month...

True, maybe former posts have exaggerated the numbers. I confess I have not memorized the posts, but I got the impression it was "half the homes" in two different regions.

I think it is best to drop this discussion about what people do with their own money. Because they are spending money on paying premium, not earning money from some "illegit business".

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's much more than 5 homes it's closer to 20!!

I have LM's and screenshots.  It's not even something that took up much time as people started contacting me in world after I started posting on here and sharing that these people had houses on regions they lived on, or they'd been house hunting and came across their properties... as they are pretty distinctive.

Edited by Aisleyne
spelling
  • Like 3

Just to say something more light, some of you may remember I had an alt parked in a certain region that I would try to get a house in? This was a while ago. I plan to abandon it when the Stilt homes are released. I talked to a friend about it, and pointed to the buttercup yellow mole flowers next to the mailbox and said: "And I really do not like those flowers and shrubs, another reason to let this place go".😆

I mean... flowers. Talk about being picky.

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Aisleyne said:

It's much more than 5 homes it's closer to 20!!

I have LM's and the screenshots.  It's not even something that took up much time as people started contacting me in world after I started posting on here and sharing that these people had houses on regions they lived on, or they'd been house hunting and came across their properties... as they are pretty distinctive.

Still, I doubt they earn something back from it. It may be obsessive behavior, but it is not illegal to pay for several premiums. If people pay for a whole region, few see that as strange. It is money paid to LL... just a different way to pay.

• Like 5

OMG this thread has gone rogue...

Remember when the topic was "When Did You Last See A Bellisserian Home Available?"

Now it has become more like "Which GOH Player should we shame next?"

These 2 people are doing NOTHING wrong.  They buy up premium memberships like many of us already do and they go out and get Linden homes with them just like many of us already do.  Personally I have 4 premium total and I occupy 3 homes and use my 4th premium to play GOH.  Now if someone else wants to do that same thing with 8 accounts, or 12 accounts, or 20 accounts, or 200 accounts... that is their money to spend and do what they please with.  And as a side note, I for one THANK them for buying up so many premium accounts. I WANT SL to be around for a long time to come so when people spend money on it that is also a good thing for me and you.

I have just gone down the rabbit hole of reading multiple conspiracy theories that some people continue to throw out about these 2 individuals.  I have read that they are renting them... i have read that they are producing premium accounts they then sell off to other people... (which by the way makes no effing sense for them to expose their private info to someone else to make a few bucks)... I have read they are bots... I would not be surprised next if i read they are either aliens or spies or worse.

How about this... they are two people who are obviously friends or relatives who enjoy SL and play GOH just like many of us do... and for their own reason, which we should all be giving them the benefit of the doubt, they like to acquire their properties closely.... PERIOD...

Stop being a bunch of KARENS

Edited by Evangeline Ling
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I mean... flowers. Talk about being picky.

I have a beautiful Vic that I can walk out the back door onto a sandy beach and into the water....but the front flowers are kind of...so so.  This week I hopped for fun and landed a gorgeous Vic in Swithins Bridge with the nicest landscaping I have ever seen....but I can't walk out onto the beach from it...if only I could merge the 2 parcels together they could be the perfect Victorian  :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.