When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, EmmeElise said:

Carders mill released

So I popped over from log cabin land to take a look at the region and lo and behold the first people I encountered were the Decorating Mother and Daughter... and their various alts who again seem to have taken quite a few of the homes. 😳

Edited by Aisleyne
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Aisleyne said:

So I popped over from log cabin land to take a look at the region and lo and behold the first people I encountered were the Decorating Mother and Daughter... and their various alts who again seem to have taken quite a few of the homes. 😳

Hmmm, looking at the parcel names (not bothering to go there), I see what you mean.  I haven't been clicking on any Vics lately.   It kinda turns me off to see the ... what, commoditization?  ... of these lovely, unique coastal neighborhoods.  These are not cloned regions.  Many of the properties they claimed earlier have not changed hands, and yet, it is hard to imagine that they maintain that many premium alts just to accumulate properties.  Odd.  Perhaps they charge a finder & decorating fee that includes the alt's password?  No clue what's really happening there.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Lol! How the heck do they do that?

It's not really that hard to do with 2 computers, if you have the time to watch either the land page or, better, the map closely.  You have, let's say, 3 different brands of browser up on each computer (so that you can hunt with one avatar on 3 logins), and 2-5 alts in play.  You refresh the land page until you see a somewhat persistent vic, then look inworld to see if there's a dot in any of the regions in that vertical strip of unreleased Vic regions.  Using the map, click on a parcel in that region to see if says "Linden Home".  If not, check a home in each of the other unreleased regions.  If you find a "Linden Home", refresh manually like mad, and you should be able to capture a parcel for each alt.  You may have time to dump one round of parcels you don't want and try again.

For me, I couldn't see this being a reasonable thing to do day after day unless, somehow, there was money involved.  But, different strokes.  Perhaps it's a little competitive game between them?  Who knows.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

It's not really that hard to do with 2 computers, if you have the time to watch either the land page or, better, the map closely.  You have, let's say, 3 different brands of browser up on each computer (so that you can hunt with one avatar on 3 logins), and 2-5 alts in play.  You refresh the land page until you see a somewhat persistent vic, then look inworld to see if there's a dot in any of the regions in that vertical strip of unreleased Vic regions.  Using the map, click on a parcel in that region to see if says "Linden Home".  If not, check a home in each of the other unreleased regions.  If you find a "Linden Home", refresh manually like mad, and you should be able to capture a parcel for each alt.  You may have time to dump one round of parcels you don't want and try again.

For me, I couldn't see this being a reasonable thing to do day after day unless, somehow, there was money involved.  But, different strokes.  Perhaps it's a little competitive game between them?  Who knows.

I've done that a few times with two computers and different browsers. I do it all the time with one computer and some browsers. I think it is a royal pain in the neck, but very doable.

What baffles me is how they (seem to) consistently mine new region releases,  something I was never able to do other than with sheer luck. Scouting regions and creating release probability lists is a labor-intensive process. Plus you have to simply BE THERE! 

An alternative explanation may be a version of bots. Just as land bots took over the grid some years ago, perhaps we have LH bots now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yes that is how to do it...and also you can also try to pre-load a page off a random house on the landpage in advance with the chosen house you seek,  so ALL YOU DO IS CLICK ACCEPT when you are trying for a house someone is leaivng on the forum....

edit to add: Also with released sims---you can also STAND on the SIM you want and if you suddenly get blown offline there is a good chance it is in the process of dropping---or stand an alt there.

There we just totally leveled the playing field.

LOL

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Usually, you can also use region tracker to watch for avatars suddenly appearing in a region. The thing with this bunch, though,  is that they tend to leave a few "family members" camped out 24/7 in desirable unreleased regions, or at least that's what it looked like to me just before Thatch Lea was released.

• Like 4

Back on topic: anyone interested in train-y trad?  This little guy in Quercus Alba is real near the interchange where, when you come up from Red Bluff, you might reverse your train to head waaaaaayyyy out East.  Great view of that interchange from the Winchester balcony.  It is nicely private, and the lot has an open feel (no hedges etc.), so you can make your own spaces.  There's a cute little park bench corner across the street from it, and a train rez zone in the next-door region, Falcon Heights.

Letting it go at 5:00 SLT-ish.

quercus_001.thumb.png.1c821ae054d764a91ae808db039c98c2.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

... Many of the properties they claimed earlier have not changed hands, and yet, it is hard to imagine that they maintain that many premium alts just to accumulate properties.  Odd.  Perhaps they charge a finder & decorating fee that includes the alt's password?  No clue what's really happening there.

THAT seems quite a feasible method. Make an alt, make it premium for 1 month, let it grab a desirable home, furnish it nicely and then sell off the whole package with the password to a customer. It is up to him to keep that alt premium and make a group with him and his other accounts who can live there. Only thing I cannot imagine: how do they keep the furniture in the home? I guess all the customers must keep the decorating mother in their groups aswell who owns it.

If that is so it would be easy for the Lindens - if they want - to find out who is involved and stop it.

Has someone ever talked to @Patch Linden about this mass aquisition of Linden homes?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

THAT seems quite a feasible method. Make an alt, make it premium for 1 month, let it grab a desirable home, furnish it nicely and then sell off the whole package with the password to a customer. It is up to him to keep that alt premium and make a group with him and his other accounts who can live there. Only thing I cannot imagine: how do they keep the furniture in the home? I guess all the customers must keep the decorating mother in their groups aswell who owns it.

If that is so it would be easy for the Lindens - if they want - to find out who is involved and stop it.

Has someone ever talked to @Patch Linden about this mass aquisition of Linden homes?

Yes, I was also wondering how aware the team are about this. If the pair are legitimate it won't do them any harm to be investigated.

• Like 4

When I saw the announcement of release I had just dropped some boats so I thought - let's intercept. I got one in Thatch Lea and two in Carders Mill I am letting all out now. I am looking at the parcels of those two land groups involved and I don't feel they are mastering the art of decor or unique location finding. It just looks like accumulating en masse. So if not a business motivation perhaps just a real hoarding problem? I don't know. These are just my personal opinions. Truth is, what they have and how they've presented them would just pass by my radar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Yes, I was also wondering how aware the team are about this. If the pair are legitimate it won't do them any harm to be investigated.

There are quite a few of us that have numerous premium alts in order to have more than one Linden Home. The fact that these people are doing the same but preferring to be on the same region is really little difference, just more noticeable. 

Certainly it does not on top appear to violate terms of service and if people want more than one home, it's their accounts and money and it just all seems right in that sense.

I think as far as a community goes though it does tend to direct a huge spotlight on it. Motivation will always be questioned. I get multiple different people asking me for seaside Victorians - desperate sounding people - as they always have done in world, in message etc. (Answer always the same. Check a thread or the LP), but then the same people are picking up and keeping the seaside Victorian front line in the same newly released regions - if I was after one and especially if I was new to this, I would be wondering at least. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Certainly it does not on top appear to violate terms of service and if people want more than one home, it's their accounts and money and it just all seems right in that sense.

I think as far as a community goes though it does tend to direct a huge spotlight on it. Motivation will always be questioned. I get multiple different people asking me for seaside Victorians - desperate sounding people - as they always have done in world, in message etc. (Answer always the same. Check a thread or the LP), but then the same people are picking up and keeping the seaside Victorian front line in the same newly released regions - if I was after one and especially if I was new to this, I would be wondering at least. 

i never pay attenion at who gets what a region release  ,is it illegal to have multiple homes in one region  ,why all the fuss about it ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don’t know why people are fussing. Maybe they just like to be together, to make sure no full bright trees or mega add-ons are ruining their view. I see no TOS being violated here.

SL could bring out people with addictive personalities, so maybe as someone indicated, it’s just a form of hoarding OR we don’t know the real reason, and we shouldn’t keep talking about other residents on this forum so openly. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Edited by Aisleyne
Not worth the bother!

7 minutes ago, Aisleyne said:

I sent him a message when they took a high percentage of the houses on Thatch Lea and haven't got a reply.  I also mentioned that at the time of taking the houses on Thatch Lea they already had 3 homes in North Wall (which they still have) 1 in Perpendicular (there could be more) and recently I came across 1 in Pommade I think it was. 

Disclosure is against TOS.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I don’t know why people are fussing. Maybe they just like to be together, to make sure no full bright trees or mega add-ons are ruining their view. I see no TOS being violated here.

SL could bring out people with addictive personalities, so maybe as someone indicated, it’s just a form of hoarding OR we don’t know the real reason, and we shouldn’t keep talking about other residents on this forum so openly. 

Edited by Aisleyne
Not worth the bother!

1 hour ago, Sister Nova said:

There are quite a few of us that have numerous premium alts in order to have more than one Linden Home. The fact that these people are doing the same but preferring to be on the same region is really little difference, just more noticeable. 

But how many premium alts are "normal"? From this thread it reads as if the pay for a whole stable of premium accounts. I'd like to know how to get this rich, lol.

40 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Disclosure is against TOS.

I'd like to see that part of the ToS quoted. Everything that can be viewed by the public can by definition not be disclosed, as its open information for anyone willing to pay attention.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

When I saw the announcement of release I had just dropped some boats so I thought - let's intercept. I got one in Thatch Lea and two in Carders Mill I am letting all out now. I am looking at the parcels of those two land groups involved and I don't feel they are mastering the art of decor or unique location finding. It just looks like accumulating en masse. So if not a business motivation perhaps just a real hoarding problem? I don't know. These are just my personal opinions. Truth is, what they have and how they've presented them would just pass by my radar.

who is doing this?  Edited to say, nevermind.  I didn't realize disclosure is against tos.    I am surprised by the conversation.  So someone is going around grabbing up a bunch of homes as they are released?

Edited by Nikki Mathieson
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.