Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Posted (edited)

Ooopps missed it again!! So sorry!! Played with another alt and forgot my promise! :(

So I will abandon the houseboat in 5 Minuts at 9:40 AM SLT

PS: DONE and in Maintainance .... NOW it's on the LP! ... and GONE! ... not even 2 minutes!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just to defeat the notion that hoppers always get what they want, let me say that there are (if I remember correctly) 6 copies of this region on the grid.  I watched for 5 of them; was only online for the release of 2 of the regions, was able to snag 3 spots on one region using 1 hunter, and none of them were the parcel I was interested in.  On the other release, I just got abandons, didn't get a single parcel in the region.  C'est la Game.

This is so true. I hardly ever get a home in a new release, or if I do, it's on the very back row as far from the water as possible. There were some log home regions that I anxiously awaited releases for, and I struck out on all of them. Everyone else was busily claiming the new parcels, and LL was sending me to homes I'd abandoned 3 times already instead. lol

However, I've found that blowing off the releases for the most part and just playing for abandons nets some very nice catches! It is a much slower way of playing, but worth it IMO.

• Like 10

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how many attempts we had for the day, or when we can start trying again please? (I always forget how many I looked at & abandoned)

1 minute ago, Lia Starlight said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to see how many attempts we had for the day, or when we can start trying again please? (I always forget how many I looked at & abandoned)

I'm afraid not. After a few miscounts I developed the habit of writing down the time, and region I'd been allocated on a piece of paper by my pc. When I come back the next day I can then see 'I get another go a half past two', or whatever time is 24 hours later.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lia Starlight said:

Look at your teleport history also?

• Like 5

I always check the notecard that can be found in the Firestorm folder:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\your avatar name (at least, this is the path in my computer, I guess it may differ depending on the device)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

I always check the notecard that can be found in the Firestorm folder:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\your avatar name (at least, this is the path in my computer, I guess it may differ depending on the device)

You have been roaming!?! No way!?! 🤣

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

You have been roaming!?! No way!?! 🤣

Oh me? No no, never. I am more into fixed never changing things😝

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

How do folks here know when a new region is being released?  Thanks!

Usually a theme stays in the LP for a while. Also, some residents get homes in the new region, and they post it here :) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Usually a theme stays in the LP for a while. Also, some residents get homes in the new region, and they post it here :) 

I've stumbled into a release by clicking on a Bellisseria home, then I get a message that the house I want is sold out, try a different combination. I go back to choose, and it's the same exact style that's supposedly sold out, and keep clicking and sometimes I actually land a house during a release. More likely I'll land a home through other's beautiful abandons.

• Like 3

can't believe I missed multiple house boats recently 🤣 hopefully today will see some more! 🤞

• Like 2

I picked up the Vic in Gridlock and the Trad in North Wall but let them both go. I had the same feeling about them as I did the log homes I got in the early morning - nothing.  When these homes came out I didn't think that one day I'd be bored. :/

• Like 5

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Armitage/24/76/0

I'm just away to put this log home back.

I did have to think about this one for a wee while as I do like it... I just don't love it.  The Grand View faces water which is a bonus, but for me personally I like a little more privacy than this spot provides.  I hope it'll make someone happy. 😃 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Thanks, Elena!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I picked up the Vic in Gridlock and the Trad in North Wall but let them both go. I had the same feeling about them as I did the log homes I got in the early morning - nothing.  When these homes came out I didn't think that one day I'd be bored. :/

aww I feel the same. I'm trying for the boat as its the only one I haven't decorated or had a chance to be bored with yet. Can't wait for all the new types of homes one day though 🤧

• Like 5