When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I apologize for making it appear as if the entire post was directed at you, Nika. That was not my intent, for the record you did remove her name from the original post and I do appreciate that. I personally spoke to any/all of the individuals that harassed her in-world. I will continue to defend my Mother going forward because she is no different then anyone else who plays GOH. She is not some home hogging monster woman that has a bazillion alts with 10 key boards all clicking at once in order to take an entire region!! Please spare me. I don't have any plans to get any more specific but I had to say my peace when I saw her referred to in a negative way today (in my opinion, allegedly).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Blue Mercury said:

I apologize for making it appear as if the entire post was directed at you, Nika. That was not my intent, for the record you did remove her name from the original post

Thank you, and for the record, I did not remove her name from any post, because I never used it.  I was not the person who originally posted about this.

But thank you, and hopefully this is done and we can all return to happy hopping!

• Like 5

I spoke to Blue's Mother last week and again a couple of days ago.  

After reading on here that perhaps she was running a business model that allowed for the rental of LH's legally, I contacted her to ask for a price.  I was politely told that she didn't rent as she didn't believe it was legal.  I left it at that until a few days later, I was back on SL and looked at Thatch Lea and noticed that she seemed to have acquired even more homes.  I messaged her and asked if she now owned the majority of homes there?  She asked why I'd think that, I replied because her land group was set on nearly every property and I felt this was something that needed to be brought to the attention of Linden Labs, so I was going to file an AR and/or contact Patch Linden.  I was told she was waiting on Patch coming online as she wanted to speak with him personally and report me for soliciting her to rent me a house and that I should go ahead and open this can of worms as she had nothing to hide!

Shortly afterwards I received an IM from the person in the other land group which also had several houses in Thatch Lea who said she was the daughter of the land owner I'd contacted (her name wasn't Blue) and was told that I was referred to by many people as the "whiner" because I moaned about Game Of Homes! I said I wasn't the original poster, just someone who read the forum, didn't engage but I contacted her Mother because I wanted a waterfront property as I thought what she was doing might be a way to get one, and also because her profile at that time did state that she loved to find land and make homes for people!  I was told she was just a lady who loved to go from house to house decorating.  I said oh come on having that many houses is a bit excessive, when some people don't even have one, to which I was then asked "You want an ocean front house?"  I said "I do"  and I was told "I have one I will give it to you as long as you promise to keep it". I said "No Thank You, I do not sell my silence for a house on SL"

I haven't filed an AR.  I did make contact in world with someone from this forum for advice as they seemed pretty knowledgable but they never replied and I don't blame them for not wanting involved.  I'm not sure if I should report the offer of a house or just let the whole thing die.  I have kept a copy of the conversations.

A couple of days ago I landed a nice plot in Perpendicular but when I looked around the house next door looked familiar to me, all dressed up with add-on's and foliage etc., so I clicked on land and omg it was owned by the decorating Mother!  I thought I could avoid this woman but no.  The exact same happened with another vic I landed on North Wall which was across the road  from a house which belonged to the decorating Mother and the house next door belonged to the decorating Mother's daughter!  

The decorating Mother seemed to be perfectly capable of talking for herself when she was in conversation with me so I'm not sure why she herself does not reply on the forum but anyways after all the fuss and the fact these people seem to be slightly monopolising the vic home regions I clicked on a log home and landed a beauty. 

ETA - IF what the decorating Mother is doing is all so innocent when why did she go to all the bother of changing the land group on the majority of homes she owns from what it was to new groups?  

Edited by Aisleyne
  • Like 3

@Aisleyne, this is not the place for this discussion, and it is just following the accusations in some previous posts.  This thread is about Linden homes being released, abandoned, exchanged... even to share some laughter, or frustation when we miss a great spot.

But if anyone has any issue with other resident, or suspects of others having a non compliance business, then an AR has to be opened and LL will deal with that. They have way more information than we think about that lady's transaction, the rest is just speculation, and nothing good comes out of it unless we speculate about something as innocent as releases, themes and dates.

Going back to topic. a Merriweather Victorian is going around, nothing special

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Aisleyne said:

ETA - IF what the decorating Mother is doing is all so innocent when why did she go to all the bother of changing the land group on the majority of homes she owns from what it was to new groups?  

And you know what?  No one cares!  Let it go and move on.  I myself have changed my land group name and no hidden agenda either.  If you have a house to release or are looking for one, post away.   All this other stuff is off topic.

• Like 2

Last post from me and I'm out.

IF my post does not meet with anyones approval then please feel free to report and an actual Moderator will edit/remove it.

ETA - Lets not get Salty 😜

Edited by Aisleyne
  • Haha 1

You know, I never appreciated until now why Patch's avatar might be mouse-ish.  But certainly every time he logs in I'm sure a whole bunch of residents pounce on him, hoping to ensnare him in their drama traps!

i hope he has fun alts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

"I will give you a home if you promise to keep it" 

Chilling. 

I am not sure who/ what or why but that sentence stands out!

I welcome hearing about the different ways people play GOH - just goes to show there is a fine line when it comes to the rules. But this thread does always circle back to the actual topic. 

So in the spirit of that I am off to see what I can find at the LP.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

"I will give you a home if you promise to keep it" 

Chilling. 

I am not sure who/ what or why but that sentence stands out!

I welcome hearing about the different ways people play GOH - just goes to show there is a fine line when it comes to the rules. But this thread does always circle back to the actual topic. 

So in the spirit of that I am off to see what I can find at the LP.

It seems like the Mother person just enjoys GoH and has a lot of homes in her collection, like some people collect figurines. Is it against ToS? No. The person acted needy so she said, if you promise to keep it, I will give you one (home) from my collection! I guess I don’t find it chilling or weird in any way. It makes perfect sense to me since she’s giving her a spare home that she probably worked very hard at getting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

It seems like the Mother person just enjoys GoH and has a lot of homes in her collection, like some people collect figurines. Is it against ToS? No. The person acted needy so she said, if you promise to keep it, I will give you one (home) from my collection! I guess I don’t find it chilling or weird in any way. It makes perfect sense to me since she’s giving her a spare home that she probably worked very hard at getting.

I think it is an ego red flag. 

But that is why we are all different and why the rules seem blurry and the whole of us can't agree. 

To agree to disagree?

I am happy with that I am not a picker of bones but I put my opinion up about one sentence. That's it!

Let's get back to thread. 

• Like 2

And another vic I'm putting back, it seems I'm on a roll with these today when I'm just playing for fun. 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cantwell/232/228/0

And lastly I just caught a lovely log cabin on a hill with water at the front... and side.  A lovely home for someone.  Putting it back now. 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kirowan/80/108/0

Edited by Aisleyne
Adding more information
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Aisleyne said:

Personally, I believe the real prize lot in Kirowan is the parcel next to that one, way high up on the hill.  It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the privacy is perfect and sometimes the views are really stunning.   There's a rez zone at the bottom of the tor it sits on.

Just to defeat the notion that hoppers always get what they want, let me say that there are (if I remember correctly) 6 copies of this region on the grid.  I watched for 5 of them; was only online for the release of 2 of the regions, was able to snag 3 spots on one region using 1 hunter, and none of them were the parcel I was interested in.  On the other release, I just got abandons, didn't get a single parcel in the region.  C'est la Game.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just to defeat the notion that hoppers always get what they want, let me say that there are (if I remember correctly) 6 copies of this region on the grid.  I watched for 5 of them; was only online for the release of 2 of the regions, was able to snag 3 spots on one region using 1 hunter, and none of them were the parcel I was interested in.  On the other release, I just got abandons, didn't get a single parcel in the region.  C'est la Game.

I wish we could Abandon via the web page.  I can have a browser up at work to refresh and claim a home, but even working from home it is a pain to get the Abandon done.  I can often tell from the map whether or not I want a spot, yet I still have to log inworld to abandon a location.  

ETA:  Then again, LL probably figures in helps slow down the claim/abandon/refresh process.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.