Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Chloe Dolores said:

Wow, well I don't like trads or sand or views of houseboats much perhaps it is the same for them? 

Or sky adornments. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Or sky adornments. ;)

Low flying adornments don't bother me generally speaking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I skipped to the end of the 722 pages without reading them, but is there a way to tell when other homes become available without abandoning first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 0Witchy0 said:

Sorry, I skipped to the end of the 722 pages without reading them, but is there a way to tell when other homes become available without abandoning first?

just follow the forum    .right now Camper on the page 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 0Witchy0 said:

Sorry, I skipped to the end of the 722 pages without reading them, but is there a way to tell when other homes become available without abandoning first?

Unfortunately there is not unless it is a new theme release.    People do abandon these homes daily, so you always have a chance of getting one, but you have to abandon your home first.  

You can also get some tips from here:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 0Witchy0 said:

Sorry, I skipped to the end of the 722 pages without reading them, but is there a way to tell when other homes become available without abandoning first?

You don't have to have a premium avatar free to check the Land page.  Just log in a basic avatar to the website, and switch the page to:

https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

However, Belli homes are so rare that by the time you abandon your parcel. whatever you saw on the Land page may be gone.  Lately they have been releasing one Victorian region once every few days, which is all claimed within a couple of minutes.  There is a constant, sometime very slow, flow of abandons, though.  Many of them are very good.  Houseboats are rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's speculation that the new stilt home theme will be released in the Fall or Winter. Whenever a new theme gets released, a lot of abandoning  goes on. I think it's the best time to play Game of Homes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And please keep in mind there are Victorian regions still to be released, and new Cabin areas being developed. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I've been lucky. First I used my alt ... First time search, and got a traditional house in a nice location within an hour.

So then I abandoned my old LH, the only one I've had, and got a trailer almost straight away. I did intend to keep that, and fitted it out, but got itchy feet. I abandoned that, and immediately found a log cabin. But the location was a bit land locked, so this morning I abandoned that and a houseboat was on when I looked. 

Timing matters, and I'm SLT+8, so searching very early. I suspect I might be picking up late night USA abandons.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Fells Arboretum might be released. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Looks like Fells Arboretum might be released. 

Yep, just got one there!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Got one and released.  It's all very square.  Not really my cup of tea. :) 

Ditto. Not into the inland parcels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ditto. Not into the inland parcels.

You are not alone. 

I have a pretty nice parcel in Thatch Lea that I intend to let go in the next few days.  If anyone who posts here is interested, let me know privately.  I will not be posting in this thread before abandoning it.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Thatch Lea/198/241/33

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I just abandoned a log home in Soft Meadow, currently overlooking an empty region.

Speaking of.

So I got a log home in Popover, I really like the parcel a lot as it is but...pretty sure *something* will wind up blocking what is currently an amazing huge open water view with nothing to be seen at all in the distance.

What typically happens in these instances? Clearly it won't stay like that, correct? There's a road built going to nowhere right now at the edge of the parcel so it leads me to think there will be land there eventually. I wouldn't mind a huge lake though. Anyway of knowing? I have another similar parcel (can't remember what region off hand) that I have a feeling the view will wind up being blocked eventually although, it's been an ocean of blue since I got it and I've had that one since the log homes started being available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Speaking of.

So I got a log home in Popover, I really like the parcel a lot as it is but...pretty sure *something* will wind up blocking what is currently an amazing huge open water view with nothing to be seen at all in the distance.

What typically happens in these instances? Clearly it won't stay like that, correct? There's a road built going to nowhere right now at the edge of the parcel so it leads me to think there will be land there eventually. I wouldn't mind a huge lake though. Anyway of knowing? I have another similar parcel (can't remember what region off hand) that I have a feeling the view will wind up being blocked eventually although, it's been an ocean of blue since I got it and I've had that one since the log homes started being available.

Another sim region, or at least an edge will be added. The sims south of Popover and Leighover: Rolfe and Chuckle Pond, used to be open like Popover on their western edge. That is my best guess.

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fay Starlight said:

Another sim, or at least an edge will be added. The sims south of Popover and Leighover: Rolfe and Chuckle Pond, used to be open like Popover on their western edge. That is my best guess.

Thanks Fay. I'll take a look at those other areas and see how they wound up. that will give me an idea if I'm interested in keeping the parcel.

It is, quite nice. There's no neighbor at all on one side, because it has a thin strip of land which isn't big enough for a house, winding up the water's edge. Feels incredibly private right now, which I place a high value on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

You are not alone.  I just checked all the parcels, and so far as I could tell, only one is owned by one of the "decorators" who had/have multiple properties in Thatch Lea.  It is not set to group at the moment.  The others all appear to me to be unique owners, maybe one or two belonging to alts I've seen before.  One owner surprised me!  Belli is getting more racy as time goes on.

One was still free.

I have a pretty nice parcel in Thatch Lea that I intend to let go in the next few days.  If anyone who posts here is interested, let me know privately.  I will not be posting in this thread before abandoning it.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Thatch Lea/198/241/33

Hello all, I have an honest question. I've been watching this thread for quite some time now and I have noticed some very interesting hypocrisy going on. Some of you are very honest with the GOH game you all play and some of you are not. To call out a specific person that plays the same game (GOH) as all of you have for months and months is laughable to me. I guess it's a game only a few "special" people can play. Linden Labs makes plenty of money off of "the decorator" and rightfully so. Is her money not as good as your money? I find this post disrespectful and disparaging, no one deserves to be treated like that ESPECIALLY when I can name off several Avi's that do the same exact thing and much worse. Actually, "the decorator" as you call her,  was taught how to play/TRICK the game by one of you. Anyone that wants to know how can send me an in-game IM anytime and I will let you in on the secret as well.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Blue Mercury said:

Hello all, I have an honest question. I've been watching this thread for quite some time now and I have noticed some very interesting hypocrisy going on. Some of you are very honest with the GOH game you all play and some of you are not.

Well, of course, just about everyone on this thread plays the GOH; I don't see that anyone is trying to hide that.  There's a whole thread on how you do it, so I don't know why you think you need to privately share it.

Most don't take 1/3 of the properties in a given region release, tho, so I was just trying to be sure that mine went to someone who doesn't already have a property there. But if it offends you somehow (??? not clear on how it would), I can delete the text in my post.  I really don't care that much about it, and certainly don't see anything offensive there.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have never seen anyone called out personally like that before on this thread. It was really pathetic and she was IM'd and harassed for days afterward. I appreciate that you removed her personal information from Wednesday's posts, however today you re-opened the incident with that snarky comment. To go as far as to check each parcel of the region released today... that's going a little far, don't you think? Then you post your findings on here? A public space for more people to harass her? It's terrible. By the way, she did not get 1/3 of the region that you claimed she did, that is defamatory against her and I would appreciate if you would take the post down. Do you think LL would enjoy losing her revenue they are receiving for her accounts? She doesn't use foul language or harass anyone. She is my RL MOTHER and she is a housewife that enjoys getting homes and decorating them - yes you heard me right, decorating them!!!

GOH can be fun when everyone has a fair shake. Some times we have luck, some times we don't. I have seen beautiful homes be snatched up and NOT ONCE did I even think to blast their name or harass that person in-world. It's shameful - 

Edited by Blue Mercury
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blue Mercury said:

I have never seen anyone called out personally like that before on this thread. It was really pathetic and she was IM'd and harassed for days afterward. I appreciate that you removed her personal information from Wednesday's posts, however today you re-opened the incident with that snarky comment. To go as far as to check each parcel of the region released today... that's going a little far, don't you think? Then you post your findings on here? A public space for more people to harass her? It's terrible. By the way, she did not get 1/3 of the region that you claimed she did, that is defamatory against her and I would appreciate if you would take the post down. Do you think LL would enjoy losing her revenue they are receiving for her accounts? She doesn't use foul language or harass anyone. She is my RL MOTHER and she is a housewife that enjoys getting homes and decorating them - yes you heard me right, decorating them!!!

GOH can be fun when everyone has a fair shake. Some times we have luck, some times we don't. I have seen beautiful homes be snatched up and NOT ONCE did I even think to blast their name or harass that person in-world. It's shameful - 

I know Nika is more than capable of defending herself, but your taking up space here to berate her is pretty awful.

You're doing the same thing you accuse her and others of doing - taking it to a public space. She graciously offered to revise the post. That should have been the end of it - a polite "thank you" would have sufficed instead you just went off even further. You are turning this into a public drama fest.

Tit for tat is unbecoming on you. Heed your own advice.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sure, I'll take the text out of that post (done).  Still puzzled about why you find it offensive, but who cares. 

You may be confused: I am not the person who originally mentioned her.  Perhaps you should check back. I did not use her name at any point, and (if we're talking about the same person) her group did own 6 out of 18 (which is indeed 1/3 of that region) after release.  She let a couple go by the next day, as I noted before, and I haven't checked to see how many she currently has.  As I mentioned, I'd seen her take properties in other regions before, and never noticed anything odd about them.  I did, if you recall, state that I do not believe she rents anything.

I further stated, and I reiterate, that I believe there were two multi-property owners in that region.  So I thought it was a good idea to try to be sure my rather nice parcel went to a different owner, that's all.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, Blue, if you do check back, you will see that I specifically requested that names be removed from the post of the person who originally mentioned them.  For the reason you mention: names often lead to inworld harassment.  SL's forums are meant to be devoid of name-and-shame.

And, fyi, the only reason why I checked today's region release was to further clear these folks from any suspicion that they systematically scoop up homes, which they do not.  It is the first region release since Thatch Lea, so I thought it might lay some fears to rest.  The point that I made was that neither of these folks seemed to have taken multiple homes this time around.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...