When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Counting down til Second Life 17th Birthday – 19th June to 10th July!!!  7 days to go til next Friday 🙂  It’s predicted that the lab will announce a new Linden Home theme just like last year.  eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk (squeals with anticipation )

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TarraMcBain said:

Counting down til Second Life 17th Birthday – 19th June to 10th July!!!  7 days to go til next Friday 🙂  It’s predicted that the lab will announce a new Linden Home theme just like last year.  eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk (squeals with anticipation )

Me too, I have a total drought of creativity and have not had so low interest in SL several months. I wish for a house theme that will sweep my feet away under me. 😍 And a return to less clone regions... more like the Victorian areas where cloning is used sparsely.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Me too, I have a total drought of creativity and have not had so low interest in SL several months. I wish for a house theme that will sweep my feet away under me. 😍 And a return to less clone regions... more like the Victorian areas where cloning is used sparsely.

Thank you for voicing an opinion I share with you.... I get it cloning was a useful way of increasing the volume of houses but the end result is that your home in a cloned region just feels less unique.  My Log Home is a wonderful lot with water on two sides but its a bit depressing to open the map and see the exact same lake repeated 8 times over on the map.  It really has made me move my appeal back to older Bellisseria where things were always made in a unique one of a kind way.  Even if your lot was not the best lot it was always unique and not found anywhere else on the map.

I'm excited to see what comes next though, I'm sure I will experiment with whatever it is even if it is cloned to death like the last theme.  But as it stands right now the home that I have that makes me feel the most at home is still my Traditional lot in old Belli, right after that is my houseboat which even now as summer is hitting i'm finding i'm spending more time there again.  The only lot i rarely ever visit is my Log Home.  Only a matter of time before I release it.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

And a return to less clone regions... more like the Victorian areas where cloning is used sparsely.

/me looks at the pink SSP1501-1550 development regions dubiously.  That's about how many regions were used to create the Log Home templates.

• Like 4

Yeah well... clones is the future? It is interesting to see how my interest in Bellisseria is dropping, but I believe it has more to do with my general low interest in SL. I am more on the forum than in SL.

I read that Super Premium is postponed due to the economic situation many suffer from... due to the virus and its effects on the economy. LL does not wish to release an expensive premium model now. It is understandable, but I was looking forward to it. So now I don't have Super Premium to be exited over either.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Thank you for voicing an opinion I share with you.... I get it cloning was a useful way of increasing the volume of houses but the end result is that your home in a cloned region just feels less unique.  My Log Home is a wonderful lot with water on two sides but its a bit depressing to open the map and see the exact same lake repeated 8 times over on the map.  It really has made me move my appeal back to older Bellisseria where things were always made in a unique one of a kind way.  Even if your lot was not the best lot it was always unique and not found anywhere else on the map.

Replying to @Marianne Little also. The cloning affected me on an emotional level, from when it first began in the Victorian regions.
(To be fair though, from day one, I thought the level of individual building felt unsustainable, I just hoped that it would continue.)
Cloning killed the magic of the project for me, I stopped believing in the project, and lost my sense of connection and excitement.
(Actually that first houseboat extension, which spoiled the natural look of the map was the first red flag.)
I feel bad for feeling this way, and hope things change.
My reaction doesn't feel fair, at all because it is still so much work for the creators, and the new places are very beautiful.
All the homes are full, and the team are fulfilling their brief, but I personally am out of love with it and spending less time (and money) in SL as a consequence.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I hear you—they obviously used clones in the Victorians! However, even though the basic layout  was often cloned there, each clone has unique features with regard to the trees, flowers, rocks, parks and land elevation. 
In the log homes, the clones are the exact same down to the last blade of grass!

o.O

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Replying to @Marianne Little also. The cloning affected me on an emotional level, from when it first began in the Victorian regions.
(To be fair though, from day one, I thought the level of individual building felt unsustainable, I just hoped that it would continue.)
Cloning killed the magic of the project for me, I stopped believing in the project, and lost my sense of connection and excitement.
(Actually that first houseboat extension, which spoiled the natural look of the map was the first red flag.)
I feel bad for feeling this way, and hope things change.
My reaction doesn't feel fair, at all because it is still so much work for the creators, and the new places are very beautiful.
All the homes are full, and the team are fulfilling their brief, but I personally am out of love with it and spending less time (and money) in SL as a consequence.

People are being honest about their reactions to the existence of cloned regions within Bellisseria, so I'm going to be honest as well. I find myself becoming increasingly peeved by this part of the thread. Repeating patterns existed in nature before town planners or moles made use of them. Why? Because they're efficient. Individual parcels are blank canvases to make your own; a neighborhood of such parcels will never be exactly duplicated, even if its topography is. If a world map were unavailable to us, how many of you would even know that regions have been cloned? Have you walked/cycled/driven *so* many miles of SL roads that you've noted every rock, every tree, every lake or pond? Why does it bother you that someone else, or even several someone elses, have the same lovely view that you do? For my part, the existence of cloned regions meant that I had several opportunities to settle in one of the log home plots I'd identified as "my perfect spot". And I'm glad that 7 other people were equally fortunate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

People are being honest about their reactions to the existence of cloned regions within Bellisseria, so I'm going to be honest as well. I find myself becoming increasingly peeved by this part of the thread. Repeating patterns existed in nature before town planners or moles made use of them. Why? Because they're efficient. Individual parcels are blank canvases to make your own; a neighborhood of such parcels will never be exactly duplicated, even if its topography is. If a world map were unavailable to us, how many of you would even know that regions have been cloned? Have you walked/cycled/driven *so* many miles of SL roads that you've noted every rock, every tree, every lake or pond? Why does it bother you that someone else, or even several someone elses, have the same lovely view that you do? For my part, the existence of cloned regions meant that I had several opportunities to settle in one of the log home plots I'd identified as "my perfect spot". And I'm glad that 7 other people were equally fortunate.

Overall yes I concur....it's doesn't bother me enough to quit GOH, NO WAY!!! LOL

I have no issue with clones, they just got a little bit boring after rolling them for 1.5 months! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It took me a long time  to embrace the log homes. The rollout lasted at least a month, so I got a chance to experience a lot of different locations. It did hearten me to know that  if I gave up my “perfect” location that I might be able to land it again in another region, with a region name that I preferred. Now I’ve got the front of the Grand View facing a charming pond. Even though my initial reaction was “deja vu all over again,” it’s starting to feel like home. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

...but it does bother me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thank you! You said exactly what I was just thinking as I read this thread. I love the fact that if there is one "perfect" spot, several lucky people (maybe me!) will get one just like it! I don't see the downside to more people being happy. 

I have explored some of these cloned regions in detail, and they are not identical cardboard cutouts of each other. Yes, the general layout of the parcels is cloned, but there are differences once the landscaping goes in.

I really do not understand people despairing over this, because it sounds like "Yes, I got an awesome spot but now it's totally ruined because someone else got one that looks like it." Do people also get upset when someone has the same Truth hair that they have? 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, TarraMcBain said:

where did you hear this prediction? I have been outta the loop for a bit. I hope its true

Honestly, I never noticed some regions were cloned. And trust me, I bike, scooter, horseback ride and what not all over the place. I guess since many people use addons, paint shells and add their own things to their parcels it looks changed up enough for me.

/waves to Faydra who I got the extreme pleasure of meeting in person in SL. Our homes are fairly close! I really enjoyed meeting you!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I really do not understand people despairing over this, because it sounds like "Yes, I got an awesome spot but now it's totally ruined because someone else got one that looks like it." Do people also get upset when someone has the same Truth hair that they have? 

Yes they do! 😄 

edit: especially if they stood right next to them :D

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

where did you hear this prediction? I have been outta the loop for a bit. I hope its true

LL has not announced that there will be a reveal.  But they have yet to make ANY detailed announcement about SL17B, and things that they've been doing inworld seem to indicate that they're preparing for one.

• Like 3

Totally with @Frigga Freidman and @Sylvia Tamalyn There was a time everything about Bellisseria was exciting. When we would jump up and down only to be able to get a house, no matter where it was. Now people became picky af, including myself. So now clones became depressing... You know what was depressing? When there were hardly houses available and you had to spend weeks to get one. Refreshing while you hungry, but scared to leave and miss a house. Crying and pissed people on forum, because they could not get a house at all.

If cloning helped fixing that faster, I am all for it.

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have explored some of these cloned regions in detail, and they are not identical cardboard cutouts of each other. Yes, the general layout of the parcels is cloned, but there are differences once the landscaping goes in.

I see occasional small differences in landscaping between clones, but for the most part the landscaping is the same, so far as I've observed.  And I have researched it a bit; here is Abnor's slide showing placement of template tiles in LogLand.  The place where there is a LOT of room for differences is where tiles meet other tiles and SSPE regions.  Boom Tender is a pleasant region which is cloned here & there (bright red tiles); the Boom Tender copy abuts the SSPE region that contains the "eye" in Big Bird Lake, which is a parkland region.  Homes along that edge are greatly enhanced :)

The peaceful, pretty, private Aconti parcel we have has 9 clones (turquoise tiles)!  I visited many of them to see how corresponding parcels looked.  The Aconti one feels unique because it fronts (with a Grand View) on an SSPE region that is unusually low in land level and has Loon Lake.  The other versions I visited all were adjacent to other homes that felt very close.  We'll see what the moles do with the SSPE region!

1986084498_Abnorpresentationloghomes.thumb.png.87ffce7237bb7af61f0aad39e06a531e.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Totally with @Frigga Freidman and @Sylvia Tamalyn There was a time everything about Bellisseria was exciting. When we would jump up and down only to be able to get a house, no matter where it was. Now people became picky af, including myself. So now clones became depressing... You know what was depressing? When there were hardly houses available and you had to spend weeks to get one. Refreshing while you hungry, but scared to leave and miss a house. Crying and pissed people on forum, because they could not get a house at all.

If cloning helped fixing that faster, I am all for it.

Totally agree with you and the others.  I remember letting go of my first traditional when they first came out and waiting 2 weeks to get another one.   I don't mind at all that some areas are templates (clones) because I am not really interested in the map.  I want to see the actual area and unless I have a parcel in that area,  I am not even going to think about it.  And lets not forget that these are suppose to be starter homes.   Most people only have one home, meanwhile I have 3 different homes and bring out more alts when there is a new release.   I certainly didn't do this with the older homes.    These new homes are also new to the Moles as they come up with different themes and find efficient ways to get the areas built and trying to make them unique.  Of course they are going to experiment and as far as I'm concerned each region has it's own charm even if a template was used.

Edited by karynmaria
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I see occasional small differences in landscaping between clones, but for the most part the landscaping is the same, so far as I've observed.  And I have researched it a bit; here is Abnor's slide showing placement of template tiles in LogLand.  The place where there is a LOT of room for differences is where tiles meet other tiles and SSPE regions.  Boom Tender is a pleasant region which is cloned here & there (bright red tiles); the Boom Tender copy abuts the SSPE region that contains the "eye" in Big Bird Lake, which is a parkland region.  Homes along that edge are greatly enhanced :)

The peaceful, pretty, private Aconti parcel we have has 9 clones (turquoise tiles)!  I visited many of them to see how corresponding parcels looked.  The Aconti one feels unique because it fronts (with a Grand View) on an SSPE region that is unusually low in land level and has Loon Lake.  The other versions I visited all were adjacent to other homes that felt very close.  We'll see what the moles do with the SSPE region!

1986084498_Abnorpresentationloghomes.thumb.png.87ffce7237bb7af61f0aad39e06a531e.png

The regions don't look identical to me. I guess YMMV in this, as in most things!

• Like 5

You guys have a much better eye than I have. Cloning doesn't bother me at all. Lack of water is the only thing I respond poorly to.

I think there is a general "upsetness" given events in RL that is a direct result of  COVID and its sequelae. It stands to reason that our unease would spill over to color our impressions of the Linden Homes - and everything else! 😟

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.