Jump to content

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?


Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I've had some great abandons, including a log one I'm working on now. And when I have to parse down, I will release some great abandons too.

But it does irk me when I get an abandon and the last owner's pictures/logo is in the parcel profile. There are one or two that come up LOTS, so you know the parcels were not considered as homes. (I'm only looking at logs.)

Why? To show you've been there, done that?

I keep landing behind the couple with flexi hair. LOL!!!!

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

But it does irk me when I get an abandon and the last owner's pictures/logo is in the parcel profile. There are one or two that come up LOTS, so you know the parcels were not considered as homes. (I'm only looking at logs.)

I barely look at the pics for LH's, let alone change them. This alt's parcel has a question mark on a blue background in it, in fact most of the parcels around here seem to.  Is that what it gets set to as a default when abandoned?

The pic in protected land is the familiar LH couple in front of their house, which Derrick uploaded.  If  @Derrick Linden  made that one available somewhere, I'd be happy to put it in that field.  I don't see any way to just delete the pic; don't you have to replace it with SOMETHING, even if just a blank?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've found it more annoying to get a house, and find the previous owner is still in there! If you abandon, then leave straight away please. I'd rather have their profile pic in the land info which is really easy to delete, than the person themselves. I've had to resort to the LH security option a couple of times.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SelfAdmitted said:

I've found it more annoying to get a house, and find the previous owner is still in there! If you abandon, then leave straight away please. I'd rather have their profile pic in the land info which is really easy to delete, than the person themselves. I've had to resort to the LH security option a couple of times.

It’s one of my pet peeves too. I’m a bit paranoid that the new owner will appear before I’ve left. I’m an abandon & run type of girl.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I've had some great abandons, including a log one I'm working on now. And when I have to parse down, I will release some great abandons too.

But it does irk me when I get an abandon and the last owner's pictures/logo is in the parcel profile. There are one or two that come up LOTS, so you know the parcels were not considered as homes. (I'm only looking at logs.)

Why? To show you've been there, done that?

 

24 minutes ago, Faydra Foden said:

Totally irks me too, I take great satisfation deleting the pics before I put them back!

Irked here, too.  It reminds me of when people have to say "First," in the comments section on YouTube.  Also, when there is a new release, I've noticed a couple times that the person before me opens all the doors and windows before leaving, and there was no way they were there long enough to have moved in.  Oh, the funny things....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tamara Adored said:

It’s one of my pet peeves too. I’m a bit paranoid that the new owner will appear before I’ve left. I’m an abandon & run type of girl.

I have my main map ready to run as soon as I've hit the abandon button. I don't want anyone to see I was there 😉

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I barely look at the pics for LH's, let alone change them. This alt's parcel has a question mark on a blue background in it, in fact most of the parcels around here seem to.  Is that what it gets set to as a default when abandoned?

The pic in protected land is the familiar LH couple in front of their house, which Derrick uploaded.  If  @Derrick Linden  made that one available somewhere, I'd be happy to put it in that field.  I don't see any way to just delete the pic; don't you have to replace it with SOMETHING, even if just a blank?

I just set it back to the default question mark. I would also put Derrick's photo there if it were available.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cricket Portland said:

 

 Also, when there is a new release, I've noticed a couple times that the person before me opens all the doors and windows before leaving, and there was no way they were there long enough to have moved in.  Oh, the funny things....

That was probably me.  I do this when I am contemplating whether or not I want to keep the parcel.  I like to walk around my property first then walk around the house and look out the windows to see what the view is.  Closed windows ruin it so that is why I open them, same with doors.  I don't want to have to continually open and close them.  Sorry!  I am just an odd bird, I know 🤣.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

That was probably me.  I do this when I am contemplating whether or not I want to keep the parcel.  I like to walk around my property first then walk around the house and look out the windows to see what the view is.  Closed windows ruin it so that is why I open them, same with doors.  I don't want to have to continually open and close them.  Sorry!  I am just an odd bird, I know 🤣.

Oh how funny, because I was picturing that this is what was happening, as if you were doing a home walk-through and were checking out the views and to make sure everything is in working order. 😁

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I barely look at the pics for LH's, let alone change them. This alt's parcel has a question mark on a blue background in it, in fact most of the parcels around here seem to.  Is that what it gets set to as a default when abandoned?

The pic in protected land is the familiar LH couple in front of their house, which Derrick uploaded.  If  @Derrick Linden  made that one available somewhere, I'd be happy to put it in that field.  I don't see any way to just delete the pic; don't you have to replace it with SOMETHING, even if just a blank?

When you look at the part of the land box where the photo goes, you have the option of clicking on Blank or Default instead of changing the photo. Blank will give you a plain white box where the photo was, and Default gives you the blue background with a question mark on it. You are right that *something* has to be in that box. I'm not sure, but I am thinking it changes automatically to the Default when a parcel is claimed for the first time, because I don't recall seeing Derrick's photo on any that I have claimed. Hmm!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

That was probably me.  I do this when I am contemplating whether or not I want to keep the parcel.  I like to walk around my property first then walk around the house and look out the windows to see what the view is.  Closed windows ruin it so that is why I open them, same with doors.  I don't want to have to continually open and close them.  Sorry!  I am just an odd bird, I know 🤣.

I do this as well.  It takes a while sometimes to decide if I want a certain location.  It is how I decided I didn't like a certain cabin style.  The one with a back porch and windows that open by lifting from the bottom.  Yes, I open windows and doors and peer out at views to see if it feels right.

I NEVER put a photo in the land window, though.  I wish that was auto-deleted when property is abandoned. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, SelfAdmitted said:

I've found it more annoying to get a house, and find the previous owner is still in there! If you abandon, then leave straight away please. I'd rather have their profile pic in the land info which is really easy to delete, than the person themselves. I've had to resort to the LH security option a couple of times.

I don't have the heart to AR for something minor but I have no problem ejecting the stragglers right out of there. I was barked at once for that as the person said they were AFK and I should have asked them to leave (how if you were AFK?), so I said to please leave before going AFK then.  Skedaddle! 

It's fun to hear everyone's peeves. 😁

Edited by Cricket Portland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I don't have the heart to AR for something minor but I have no problem ejecting the stragglers right out of there. I was barked at once for that as the person said they were AFK and I should have asked them to leave (how if you were AFK?), so I said to please leave before going AFK then.  Skedaddle! 

It's fun to hear everyone's peeves. 😁

I have mentioned before that I like to eject loiterers. GET OFF MY LAWN, EX-OWNER!! 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I don't have the heart to AR for something minor but I have no problem ejecting the stragglers right out of there. I was barked at once for that as the person said they were AFK and I should have asked them to leave (how if you were AFK?), so I said to please leave before going AFK then.  Skedaddle! 

I gave them time, and have always IM'd... and waited for a reply... then just booted them out. I would never AR on that either, but when they are there so long, and you just want to empty out your inventory in the new place... 

I usually wait, when getting a new place and seeing it for the first time, using the map, until the green dot has gone, but some of them just don't want to go. I will start charging a parking fee on the next one!

Edited by SelfAdmitted
ETA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oh I like this! Maybe plop a rental box down in front of them with a "Meter's running, squatter!" note? 

OR... just like in RL, when a friend falls asleep on the couch and you 'decorate' them with makeup, or sharpies... LL should give new LH owners the option to 'decorate' the lurking previous tenant 😉

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

That was probably me.  I do this when I am contemplating whether or not I want to keep the parcel.  I like to walk around my property first then walk around the house and look out the windows to see what the view is.  Closed windows ruin it so that is why I open them, same with doors.  I don't want to have to continually open and close them.  Sorry!  I am just an odd bird, I know 🤣.

I thank you for leavign the door open, I can escpae...I opften get there before my alts!!! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Hendrix Portal said:

I should mention I'm a chronic map-watcher right now... I have had my home for a while, but I have a friend waiting for a couple to open up, and I freed up my alt to give it a few tries before it expires. "Passing" a log home from one to another is near impossible at the moment, but if I catch one she likes, it's worth a shot I guess?

I have a couple of nice log homes that I will give up at the end of the month.  I am still trying to decide between a really nice trad that I have and a really nice Vic that I have, i will be giving one of them up at the end of the month as well. GoH has been a lot of fun but I'm not going to keep all these alts on premium forever.  I expect to end with one Lindenhome, either the trad or the vic, or maybe if I get a really nice houseboat.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I wish I knew how they decided to offer up the new regions.

I spoke to someone about this just last night. I had heard it mentioned once in the citizen's group chat, but wasn't sure if it was correct or not, but it is - ALL cabin regions have been released. All of them. Well, the ones that are done from that big main release a couple weeks (months? years?) ago. 

The System that decides who gets what house where was built by the Ancients, and has apparently become sentient and makes up its own fickle mind as to how the regions and homes in them are distributed. 

But every single log region has been released. They're all in the queue and up for grabs... if the System decides you are worthy. There might be sacrificial virgins involved, but good luck finding one of those in SL...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

We love our retro Flexi hair, if that's us ! And we think about most all our homes and as I've said before we are the owners at the time so we can put our photo in if we like. We like to see what it might be like to stay there and putting our photo there helps us feel we are there. It's our way of sussing it out.  I don't understand why people complain about this, I like getting photos there to see who else is hopping . There is an ocean pic we get a lot and penguins a lot. doesn't bother us, etc...

yep and I'll keep putting our Flexi hair photo in. too bad for them.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

We love our retro Flexi hair, if that's us ! And we think about most all our homes and as I've said before we are the owners at the time so we can put our photo in if we like. We like to see what it might be like to stay there and putting our photo there helps us feel we are there. It's our way of sussing it out.  I don't understand why people complain about this, I like getting photos there to see who else is hopping . There is an ocean pic we get a lot and penguins a lot. doesn't bother us, etc...

I am the ocean...lol, said it in the forum before......

This way i recognize if i have been somewhere, by looking at that pic... of course deleting or replacing it only takes 2 seconds...

I see your flexi hair sometimes too, or the penguins and a few others too...... It's interesting to see that someone else was there too :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...