When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I would like to see people walking about and doing stuff - not just on their parcels. It has happened to me several times during my adventures that I find another resident wandering about. I do understand though that the community thing may not take off fully.

Sometimes it can be  due to neighbors living in different time zones, too.  Some users list it in their Profile and you'll see SL Time + 6, or "Same time as SL Time, or  SLT +3. 

I've found having that listed exceptionally helpful when wanting to chat with a neighbor or conduct a business transaction.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I understand this has no water in immediate surrounding but it is a stones throw from the sea and has the beautiful station/post office and lookout area across the road. I experimented with it yesterday to see who felt it desirable seems a couple of new owners did not and now it is mine again. I like it here there is a sense of people coming in and out on the train not just an empty line. Reminds me of the Victorian seaside towns here in the UK...

Snapshot_009.png

What a fantastic location.  Perfect for the train & auto fan, too!  I've a friend looking for something just like that.  Hope there's more like this across the grid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I just got and immediately released a trad in Bellaterra.  I really can't recommend it.  I've been through this region before and there's an apparently permanent sky presence of about a dozen avatars above an empty house with doors wide open on a parcel with a very rude name indeed.  

What is the covenant violation?

I don't think the name of a parcel is a part of the covenant.

Using your land is also not a covenant violation.

Is the skybox under 2000m?

Are they engaging in XXX activity but have privacy settings OFF while also somewhere visible from the outside? Open doors o an empty house is not a violation by itself - especially if they activity is happening up in the sky.

Is it a commercial venue?

If having too many avatars on a plot was itself a violation, I'd be a lot more successful in chasing Tiny Empires out of SL... but I haven't succeeded yet...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Are they engaging in XXX activity but have privacy settings OFF while also somewhere visible from the outside? Open doors o an empty house is not a violation by itself - especially if they activity is happening up in the sky.

If having too many avatars on a plot was itself a violation, I'd be a lot more successful in chasing Tiny Empires out of SL... but I haven't succeeded yet...

To be fair, she didn't allege a covenant violation.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To be fair, she didn't allege a covenant violation.

I just picked that post because it had the details. Later posts refer to the suggestion to AR it, and then someone else ARing it - but quoting those would have lacked context... ...just like the one I did quote lacked the context of it being AR'd... O.o

Just now, Pussycat Catnap said:

I just picked that post because it had the details. Later posts refer to the suggestion to AR it, and then someone else ARing it - but quoting those would have lacked context.

I see. Your questions appear to be addressed to her. It wasn't clear you meant something else. :) 

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I see. Your questions appear to be addressed to her. It wasn't clear you meant something else. :) 

It read like a bot farm. I'd avoid that too...

But I've also been trying to AR bot farms since 2009, with nearly no success... One of my blog's older posts from 2011 is me complaining that a bot farm had been my neighbor since 2009 despite ARing it... Usually when I see Tiny Empires bots all over SL it's folks telling me to let them be...

I would like to see "no bot farms, no bot camping" added to the covenant... But I'm not holding my breath for it to happen...

The other option, why I noted commercial... is if it's an AFK-sex joint... look for tip-jars

- that would be commercial activity, and then we could AR the bleep out of the AFK-sex-bots... :P

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It read like a bot farm. I'd avoid that too...

But I've also been trying to AR bot farms since 2009, with nearly no success... One of my blog's older posts from 2011 is me complaining that a bot farm had been my neighbor since 2009 despite ARing it... Usually when I see Tiny Empires bots all over SL it's folks telling me to let them be...

I would like to see "no bot farms, no bot camping" added to the covenant... But I'm not holding my breath for it to happen...

I agree about bot farms. I've hated bot gatherings ever since the one in Sconset was such a problem for Bay City. Talk about lag! That was a hot mess.

In other news, I just managed to grab the parcel I liked best in Yellowmarsh. Had to up my tier for a month to do it, but hey ho. 😂

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The name of the parcel is unpleasant to discover when clicking on the Map, and really not what I would consider suitable; it is of course up to the Governance Team to decide.  As for the rest of their 'features', I did not count those as violations, but mentioned them as being the kind of thing that some people would not wish to live nearby.  It might not bother you but you are not everyone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

ever since the one in Sconset was such a problem for Bay City. Talk about lag! That was a hot mess.

Except that was actually an active club.

A whole different issue of the properness of having one of the top most active clubs on mainland...

I used to hang out there. Pretty much all actual live users. Never met the owner; who I believe was Japanese, but a lot of the visitors were either African-Diaspora or Asians on Black avatars, and the occasional foolish person 'RPing jive' - they just were not amenable to the rest of the Bay City community... in part because unlike a lot of other 'hip hop' clubs in SL, they were NOT mostly about people RPing demeaning stereotypes (RPing jive)... so they didn't look or act "black enough" to outsiders... because they were actual people and not caricatures...

The community moved to another venue after the owner left. I stopped going when I started getting into more adult content in SL...

Much as I liked the Bay City community this was always a sore point for me - an active but insular community of people I'd actually engaged with hounded as bots

It did point out another problem though - the lag of lots of avatars on a parcel... especially as it was a thing right in the age when mesh was often badly made and still mixed with flexi and sculpts and individual scripts in each prim... A perfect storm of lag...

24 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

The name of the parcel is unpleasant to discover when clicking on the Map, and really not what I would consider suitable;

If the place is not in search, the parcel name is not being advertised and only seen if you actively click on their land on your map.

So, I guess I don't see it... figuratively and literally.

• Like 1

Because I'm in home-hopping time out, and because I'm nosy, I just had a look at that place in Bellaterra suspected of being a bot farm - I couldn't see the 5 bodies actually there, despite hovering up in the sky, and when I checked on the local map, each one of them was named and, as far as I could tell, an actual avatar. In fact a couple of them were moving around while I watched the map. Also, the house's doors were closed, so I think one of the people involved has likely read the comments here or been approached by Lindens with the suggestion to change the parcel occupants' visibility. Problem solved, yes? 

invisible.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If the place is not in search, the parcel name is not being advertised and only seen if you actively click on their land on your map.

So, I guess I don't see it... figuratively and literally.

You've never just grid-hopped for fun?   Anyway, I get it, you don't think it's a problem, but some of us did.  I don't think the graffiti you have, or had, on your house walls was within Covenant but I didn't AR it, as I was just passing through.  You evidently don't regard it as a problem.  Do you see?

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I just got and immediately released a trad in Bellaterra.  I really can't recommend it.  I've been through this region before and there's an apparently permanent sky presence of about a dozen avatars above an empty house with doors wide open on a parcel with a very rude name indeed.  

3 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Yes, it's kind of a gang bang club going on up there... 🤮

There used to be one of those in Glibson always had a bunch of avatars on it privacy turned on, Maybe the owner of the property decided to relocate

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You've never just grid-hopped for fun?

I do, but I don't intentionally click on people's parcels with an expectation that they set them out to my preferences.

When grid hop, I look for protected land and TP there, and then move into plots that visually look like they're inviting me in.

If I click on a plot, I take it as a given that I'm looking at their private settings.

- what concerns me when I comment in threads like the 'crazy neighbors' one, is what they're presenting to or impacting upon the 'outside world'.

Because I comment so often I may seem a lot "nosier" than I am... :)

1 hour ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Sometimes it can be  due to neighbors living in different time zones, too.  Some users list it in their Profile and you'll see SL Time + 6, or "Same time as SL Time, or  SLT +3. 

I've found having that listed exceptionally helpful when wanting to chat with a neighbor or conduct a business transaction.

I will put SL +8 which is what I am and probs why I don't see that many others! Ty! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I do, but I don't intentionally click on people's parcels with an expectation that they set them out to my preferences.

When grid hop, I look for protected land and TP there, and then move into plots that visually look like they're inviting me in.

If I click on a plot, I take it as a given that I'm looking at their private settings.

- what concerns me when I comment in threads like the 'crazy neighbors' one, is what they're presenting to or impacting upon the 'outside world'.

My preferences in the end are not what matters - as I've already said, it's up to the Governance Team.  I gave the matter over to them.  I've added more to the comment to which you replied, which you might not yet have seen.

@Frigga Freidman The thing I ARd was the parcel name.  I made no mention of bot farms.   What I suspected, but didn't mention, was that I thought they could be running a club there, which could mean the region being very busy at times, let alone whether commerce is involved.  I must say I'm pretty bored with this subject now.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I understand this has no water in immediate surrounding but it is a stones throw from the sea and has the beautiful station/post office and lookout area across the road. I experimented with it yesterday to see who felt it desirable seems a couple of new owners did not and now it is mine again. I like it here there is a sense of people coming in and out on the train not just an empty line. Reminds me of the Victorian seaside towns here in the UK...

Snapshot_009.png

I had this parcel for a few days before I grew restless and moved on.... it is a very nice location but I kind of didn't like the tracks right out front....

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.