When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

52 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Is that the way people got those islands around Belli? I have always wandered how to get them 

They are auctioned I think for charity and events. I decided not to bid on this and put the money into voting for the linden decorators and ebbe linden bear - I did not want to be alone on an island! (probably the only person in Bellisseria who feels that way). Anyone here live in Red Hook and intend to stay? I have landed a parcel there and I really like it I am going to see how that goes...

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IndigoQueen Zamani said:

Congratulations!! I love Red Hook. I am in Eames which is a nice little walk away. You have the train station there which I love!! 

Thank you :) I had never been down here - station just across the road - nicely done!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

They are auctioned I think for charity and events. I decided not to bid on this and put the money into voting for the linden decorators and ebbe linden bear - I did not want to be alone on an island! (probably the only person in Bellisseria who feels that way). Anyone here live in Red Hook and intend to stay? I have landed a parcel there and I really like it I am going to see how that goes...

I somehow missed that auction and learned about it after the fact. I honestly would have paid a LOT to get one of those private islands.

Privacy is my driving factor for SL homes. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I somehow missed that auction and learned about it after the fact. I honestly would have paid a LOT to get one of those private islands.

It's a fine line for me with privacy - houseboats = no way enough. Campers pretty much and the houses usually enough. But a whole island would be too isolating for me. Probably  - maybe depends on the kinds of islands they build next I've been to Greene Island but not Ebb Tide...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I have no doubt there will be more charity auction events for homes in the future

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Would you have paid $2200 usd? That’s what the Victorian island went for, maybe higher 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Would you have paid $2200 usd? That’s what the Victorian island went for, maybe higher 

Wow, if memory serves, that is a WHOLE LOT higher than the 2 folks that got the Traditional island from whatever the previous charity event was.  I don't think that one exceeded $1000, though I may be remembering wrong.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, if memory serves, that is a WHOLE LOT higher than the 2 folks that got the Traditional island from whatever the previous charity event was.  I don't think that one exceeded $1000, though I may be remembering wrong.

The difference is the Victorian island is for life, for as long as the resident is a premium member. The traditional island is temporary due to expire soon.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Even though I keep LL in tea and biscuits with my monthly alt problem I don't want my own island that badly. Good amount to raise for the charity regardless!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

The difference is the Victorian island is for life, for as long as the resident is a premium member. The traditional island is temporary due to expire soon.. 

Interesting - I did not know the Victorian was a 'for life' thing.  That definitely makes it worth more.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I honestly would have paid a LOT to get one of those private islands.

During the Last Expo, The Victorian homes were revealed (before they were released to the public).  For (almost?) 2 weeks, there was a silent auction for the Victorian give away.  At the end of the Silent Auction, the highest bid became the opening bid for the live auction.  Live = real auctioneer voiced the auction, something like 4 packed regions of avi's to watch and place bids.

The big Prize was a Victorian, landscaped by the moles (your own island) and a one of a kind seasonal package.   it currently has a lighthouse and boat rez zone next to the house.

It was an incredible event and raised funds for Charity, the American Cancer Society.  For a few that asked and missed the auction:  Towards the end only two of us were left bidding;  my highest bid topped at  $L 600,000.  The Winning Bid for the Victorian Package was only a few thousand $L over that.  All proceeds went to the charity. 

The Live Auction Was December 15th,  The Victorian regions were released to the public on December 16th.   I found my beautiful Vic with luck like everyone else, and still have it with it's ownership date of 12/16.  Exceptionally sentimental about it.

I'm hopeful the Lindens will do it again for each reveal of a new theme.  

I wrote the following to thank those involved, the evening of the 15th after the auction

Edited by Mitch Merricks
I believe the silent auction was almost 2 weeks rather than 1.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

The Home & Garden expo, opening on Feb 13th, is also an RFL event, tho not such a big one as the Christmas Expo.  It comes early this year, so the website (https://slhomegardenexpo.com/) is not put together yet - no calendar, etc..  However, they have begun to add details.  E.g. for the first time, they'll have a limited amount of clothing this year.

LL has created a valentine build elsewhere on the grid (4 or so regions in the shape of a heart).  I haven't tried to ascertain if that will be part of the expo, or some separate valentine's day shopping event or something.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

LL has created a valentine build elsewhere on the grid (4 or so regions in the shape of a heart).  I haven't tried to ascertain if that will be part of the expo, or some separate valentine's day shopping event or something.

That will be for the annual Isle of View event, won't it? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The Home & Garden expo, opening on Feb 13th, is also an RFL event, tho not such a big one as the Christmas Expo.  It comes early this year, so the website (https://slhomegardenexpo.com/) is not put together yet - no calendar, etc..  However, they have begun to add details.  E.g. for the first time, they'll have a limited amount of clothing this year.

There is a shopping event coming up - the Valentine's Shop & Hop Feb 6-23, but I don't think the 4 regions are for that.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
typo
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.