When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm getting ready to release this one in Penitent Beach. It's next to water, a vehicle rez zone, and a Pickle hangout. That's the Fairgrounds off on the horizon. Good spot for sociable types. :) 

Snapshot_001.png

I got that one, again out of curiosity, but released it as I'm not that sociable. :D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Xeriko Melnik said:

Me with an unpopular opinion, ….but who knows how many people felt equally frustrated/annoyed with the behavior of some "game of homes" players ..

5 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Xeriko Melnik Agreeing with this above, and @Mitch Merricks . This is a random allocation system, it takes a while for people to find what suits them, and it also takes a while to work out what you want from what is available...and what , if any, the compromises need to be. Don't forget you can move too!

@Raspberry Crystal, I see no point in calling people out who happen to like a particular post.   I did understand & appreciate  the writer's points. 

I also wrote after that post ""I've never seen a region where most every house stayed with an original owner, even with lots next to my Vic I thought were "perfect" were not their "Perfect", hedge/no hedge, sand only, grass only....everyone's hunt for their perfect is different.  House hoppers are just looking for the home that makes them (most) happy.  There will be (10's of)  thousands of more houses coming, but it also takes time for the Moles to make them.

I suspect most people who follow this thread are savvy enough to know how the random system for allocation and abandon works and if not, would ask.  "Don't forget you can move too!" tends to be used often a hammer rather than offering a welcoming hand of understanding.

Those with 1 account can find it a challenge when seeing a number of users with multiple accounts gobble up 1/3 to 1/2 of a new region at a time consistently, and then dump them minutes \ hours or a day or two later.  1 account get's you 5 tries, 10 accounts for 50 tries and is totally allowed. I don't fall into either user's category but  it costs nothing to appreciate their goals & concerns.

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

@Raspberry Crystal, I see no point in calling people out who happen to like a particular post.   I did understand & appreciate  the writer's points. 

I also wrote after that post ""I've never seen a region where most every house stayed with an original owner, even with lots next to my Vic I thought were "perfect" were not their "Perfect", hedge/no hedge, sand only, grass only....everyone's hunt for their perfect is different.  House hoppers are just looking for the home that makes them (most) happy.  There will be (10's of)  thousands of more houses coming, but it also takes time for the Moles to make them.

I suspect most people who follow this thread are savvy enough to know how the random system for allocation and abandon works and if not, would ask.  "Don't forget you can move too!" tends to be used often a hammer rather than offering a welcoming hand of understanding.

Those with 1 account can find it a challenge when seeing a number of users with multiple accounts gobble up 1/3 to 1/2 of a new region at a time consistently, and then dump them minutes \ hours or a day or two later.  1 account get's you 5 tries, 10 accounts for 50 tries and is totally allowed. I don't fall into either user's category but  it costs nothing to appreciate their goals & concerns.

It sure looks to me like she was agreeing with what you posted as well as what Polenth posted. No one was calling anyone out. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Just returned a Trad on the water in Shanty. I also saw a Vic on the land page a few minutes ago, at the same time I caught the Trad. So there's a little action tonight! 

Memrbshiptized my alt just to try for it, now there are no Belli's left!  That's twelve bucks down the drain!  That would have bought a lot of bubble gum!  Just for that, you can't come to my sleepover!  (And yes, this is an alt I use to pretend she's the same age as my main account, so she's gonna pout like a young teenager lol)

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Memrbshiptized my alt just to try for it, now there are no Belli's left!  That's twelve bucks down the drain!  That would have bought a lot of bubble gum!  Just for that, you can't come to my sleepover!  (And yes, this is an alt I use to pretend she's the same age as my main account, so she's gonna pout like a young teenager lol)

Ah, but surely there will be several releases of shiny new homes this week, and there are some who think that shiny new is best of all. Worth at least $12, at any rate. 😛 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Xeriko Melnik said:

Me with an unpopular opinion, but what @Chloe Dolores is saying is so true in my case: I don't want to stay in a region that keeps changing parcels ownership constantly. I prefer when stability gives the impression that you know your neighbors (a --fake-- sense of community perhaps?).

I think I understand what you mean.  Even though you might not interact with the neighbors it is kind of a comfort to see the same houses with the same owner and decorations and the sense that these people are still here.

I was lucky to get a parcel in Edwina and most of the ones in that area still have the same owners when they released them in April.  Even in the regions beside me alot of the parcels were claimed in April.

I find it gives me the homey, lived in kind of feeling.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Eep I was agreeing with you! I'm actually not sure what 'calling people out' means so I can't comment on that. I'm not going to make assumptions about how savvy people are as I know so well that even after all these years I have deep chasms in my knowledge about SL, even about things that afterwards seem to have been obvious.

I have only got one account also, and it takes a bit of nerve to give up that one home and risk trying to find another plot which suits you better. I was trying to offer encouragement rather than slapping someone down, though I understand that it is easy to read plain text in a different way to what had been intended.

edit: I was agreeing with your written text, I didn't spot your like, doing the multiple quotes thingy was beyond me on my android device.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

at the risk of being boring ,anyone have an idea of possible releases this week ? 

Since that list was posted, Levity, Cheddar Bay, and Ebbe Tide have been released. So if we go in order of the list, Spiderwood would be next. However, after looking around over the weekend, I think it's more likely it will be Yellowmarsh, which appears to be closer to being ready to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.