When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I've been in Belli Hoppers group for a long time - I do want now to settle in a region and hope that others settle too. If I land a home in a region that is changing hands a lot I won;t stay there either ....(ebbe tide?) 

i had my eyes on Ebbe tide ,but i missed the release ,was in my night 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Lots of those homes there are going round and round you still have a chance!

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Lots of those homes there are going round and round you still have a chance!

why doesnt it seem popular ? i saw some pretty cool houses there 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

why doesnt it seem popular ? i saw some pretty cool houses there 

I think there are only a few really nice ones there along the west coast line.... I had hopes of grabbing one of those but I was not online when it was released... 

I should correct myself here.... they are all really nice but there are only a few prime spots..

Edited by AveryWitt
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Elena Core said:

I think it's popular, there were actually lots of visitors before the release. My guess is that there are a few homes there with no ideal settings, and those are the ones being abandoned 

i woke up and saw it was released  ,bummer i had been camping there long time 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I keep landing homes there post release as others are but this high turnover is exact reason I would not bed down so to speak!

i wish i could afford giving up my sleep ,but my day starts way to early ☹️

• Like 1

Me with an unpopular opinion, but what @Chloe Dolores is saying is so true in my case: I don't want to stay in a region that keeps changing parcels ownership constantly. I prefer when stability gives the impression that you know your neighbors (a --fake-- sense of community perhaps?).

When I was looking for my own plot in Bellisseria (I decided to explore Belli quite late, in mid-December), frequently I would get a parcel in a region already full (probably a recent abandon), would look around and see the same names or groups everywhere I landed (a clear sign of the same people with month-old alts hopping from sim to sim) in the campers around me, occupying the most appealing places I couldn't get, and then finding two days later or so they had abandoned them. It became discouraging after some time and even let me to abandon a few less-than-appealing parcels out of frustration. I got a decent parcel later on (maybe not prime, but nice) and settled in,  but who knows how many people felt equally frustrated/annoyed with the behavior of some "game of homes" players (is that how it's called?), and decided to leave Bellisseria behind...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Xeriko Melnik said:

Me with an unpopular opinion, but what @Chloe Dolores is saying is so true in my case: I don't want to stay in a region that keeps changing parcels ownership constantly. I prefer when stability gives the impression that you know your neighbors (a --fake-- sense of community perhaps?).

Give it a few weeks and the new regions will settle down as people who want a permanent home get them. If you're playing the long game, a few weeks is a drop in the ocean compared to living in that house for years.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Xeriko Melnik said:

When I was looking for my own plot in Bellisseria (I decided to explore Belli quite late, in mid-December), frequently I would get a parcel in a region already full (probably a recent abandon), would look around and see the same names or groups everywhere I landed (a clear sign of the same people with month-old alts hopping from sim to sim) in the campers around me, occupying the most appealing places I couldn't get, and then finding two days later or so they had abandoned them. It became discouraging after some time and even let me to abandon a few less-than-appealing parcels out of frustration. I got a decent parcel later on (maybe not prime, but nice) and settled in,  but who knows how many people felt equally frustrated/annoyed with the behavior of some "game of homes" players (is that how it's called?), and decided to leave Bellisseria behind...

There will always be GOH players it is addictive and fun for some time especially with new region excitement and new themes - until all the themes are out the game will still be played and probably some time after. It's not a game against others in my opinion just one against yourself and the system. But it can make things difficult if people scoop up more than one in the same region and keep them for a long period - this will always seem unfair. They can do that though as they have paid per account. As a hopper (one who came to find a community) I am now seeing the benefits of finding regions where people are sticking and also to find a home on my main account for ease of use. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

Give it a few weeks and the new regions will settle down as people who want a permanent home get them. If you're playing the long game, a few weeks is a drop in the ocean compared to living in that house for years.

Yep, I agree with this.  I've never seen a region where most every house stayed with an original owner, even with lots next to my Vic I thought were "perfect" were not their "Perfect", hedge/no hedge, sand only, grass only....everyone's hunt for their perfect is different.  House hoppers are just looking for the home that makes them happy.  There will be thousands of more houses coming, but it also takes time for the Moles to make them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

@Xeriko Melnik Agreeing with this above, and @Mitch Merricks . This is a random allocation system, it takes a while for people to find what suits them, and it also takes a while to work out what you want from what is available...and what , if any, the compromises need to be. Don't forget you can move too!

• Like 2

I have just tried to catch up with this thread and my bookkeeping again. Am I right that there have been TWO releases on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday but none on Monday and Friday?  I noted down.

Tuesday
10:31    Castoff
15:25    Point Sampson

Wednesday
11:01    Phelps Place
17:43    Levity

Thursday
10:02    Cheddar Bay
15;40    Ebbe Tide

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Xeriko Melnik Agreeing with this above, and @Mitch Merricks . This is a random allocation system, it takes a while for people to find what suits them, and it also takes a while to work out what you want from what is available...and what , if any, the compromises need to be. Don't forget you can move too!

Oh, don't worry people, I understand how the game works. I was a GoH player for a couple of weeks too, after figuring out what was going on (it didn't take too long). I was just trying to agree with @Chloe Dolores in terms of settling in+down to give regions the time to become stable and maybe form communities (as time zone differences permit), and giving more people their own chance to find their dream parcel.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I will be putting someone's dream trad back in (next five minutes) in Donovan. Check the location! https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Donovan/228/112/0

This is the first post that has really made me regret that I'm no longer hopping.  I would LOVE to have that one!

I ALMOST made an alt premium yesterday (GOH withdrawal!), but then I totted up what I've spent on Belli and said "no, girl, go work on your taxes!".

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I ALMOST made an alt premium yesterday (GOH withdrawal!), but then I totted up what I've spent on Belli and said "no, girl, go work on your taxes!".

^^ This..... well, except for the 'working on taxes' part - I'm still putting that off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.