When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Loretta String said:

OMG Permaglow is haunting me........ I'm  still getting that same home every now and then ...... seems to be the home that no one likes :)

I wouldn't mind that Permaglow spot and could be fun with decor based on the region theme.  A close neighbor's large (bright?) deck maybe affecting decisions to keep it.

Hammond Park is a beautiful jewel,  some next generation owners may not treat it so.  One lot has a tall monster truck in the front yard.  Tons of green dots every day (in the sky?) over 1 lot, empty mega add-on's sprouting up around the lake. 

With the bots,  lag, and growing number of wondering street griefers,  my  lot was returned.  Wasn't the "best in the region", but I loved it.   Made my heart sad to see how quickly it was picked up and tossed back over and over.   I'd still cherish marianne Little's lot in Hammond Park if ever available but she does have a lovely home & hope she stays.

My Traditional is now on a corner in OldRidge, facing the bridges.  The movers have left but the landscapers still have flowers to plant within the property.

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

I wouldn't mind that Permaglow spot and could be fun with decor based on the region theme.  A close neighbor's large (bright?) deck maybe affecting decisions to keep it.

Hammond Park is a beautiful jewel,  some next generation owners may not treat it so.  One lot has a tall monster truck in the front yard.  Tons of green dots every day (in the sky?) over 1 lot, empty mega add-on's sprouting up around the lake. 

With the bots,  lag, and growing number of wondering street griefers,  my  lot was returned.  Wasn't the "best in the region", but I loved it.   Made my heart sad to see how quickly it was picked up and tossed back over and over.   I'd still cherish marianne Little's lot in Hammond Park if ever available but she does have a lovely home & hope she stays.

My Traditional is now on a corner in OldRidge, facing the bridges.  The movers have left but the landscapers still have flowers to plant within the property.

It’s unfortunate that the neighbors can ruin an area. Everyone building mega add-ons and covering their plots with terrain prims are destroying Bellisseria aesthetically.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

It’s unfortunate that the neighbors can ruin an area. Everyone building mega add-ons and covering their plots with terrain prims are destroying Bellisseria aesthetically.

Neighborhoods evolve, just like RL, just quicker in SL.  A larger add-on can be nice, but large and forever empty = sad.  A terrain prim over a whole lot does tend to stick out.

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 3

I snagged a Trad abandon in Silent Shores. It was a perfectly nice plot, but was claimed / abandoned so rapidly after me that owners started stacking up in the road :) (now stuck in maintenance, I wonder if that's a system reaction or a coincidence?)

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Haha 3

...and then there's more. I checked to see that this plot had been taken before I snagged a trad on the land page, and....it was the same one ugain! Must have been another speedy departure. One ex-owner still in the road from before, my guess is she's been caught multiple time with this one already. Reminded me of @Leora Jacobus telling a similar tale late last year.

I guess we've become accustomed to the land page being flooded with property over the holidays, and now we are back to drought season. Not that I'm complaining, I prefer slow-grown regions over rapid rise clones!

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

...and then there's more. I checked to see that this plot had been taken before I snagged a trad on the land page, and....it was the same one ugain! Must have been another speedy departure. One ex-owner still in the road from before, my guess is she's been caught multiple time with this one already. Reminded me of @Leora Jacobus telling a similar tale late last year.

I guess we've become accustomed to the land page being flooded with property over the holidays, and now we are back to drought season. Not that I'm complaining, I prefer slow-grown regions over rapid rise clones!

Haha I wonder if it's the one my alt caught. I haven't had time to take a good look at it yet, I'm at the office. Will make a decision on it when I get home in a few hours.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

I remember when each of these 2 regions went live. They were hotly desired both here on the forum and with people in the Citizens group. Looks like that's changed I guess. Amazing locations, ruined by the neighbors.

That said, sitting in Hammond right now, I couldn't find the neighbor who's Inner Bubba got the best of them - perhaps they moved on or got the dogs and went hunt'n with that truck... O.o

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I remember when each of these 2 regions went live. They were hotly desired both here on the forum and with people in the Citizens group. Looks like that's changed I guess. Amazing locations, ruined by the neighbors.

That said, sitting in Hammond right now, I couldn't find the neighbor who's Inner Bubba got the best of them - perhaps they moved on or got the dogs and went hunt'n with that truck... O.o

They had it out for weeks, it was big & tall as the house.   I just stopped by too, it's all cleaned up.   It wasn't a bad thing, just a different look for Hammond Park.

You Could be right, Maybe they're on a hunt'n trip!  I sat in Maggie's house (previously Rocky Heights now in Hammond Park - Ocean side )  for weeks waiting for Hammond to release and not get one, then 4 days later I did.  Such an amazing location and Mole work.  Moved my Brown Continental to Oldridge, a very lovely equally unique area.  

Considering the volumn of homes they've pumped out, the Moles have really done some amazing creative areas.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Considering the volumn of homes they've pumped out, the Moles have really done some amazing creative areas.

Yeah. So when one of those regions goes weird, we actually can find something good somewhere else.

I do hope that with time, and people willing to play the game of houses; that folks will mostly end up near neighbors with similar tastes.

If a region has monster trucks... I'm outta there, but I hope all the monster truck fans realize that's where their friends are waiting for them to arrive. Likewise if it has green and forest up to the waterline, I'm in... and hoping folks who love places like Seattle or Northern Europe join me, and that the Monster Truck guy doesn't... :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

So I just grabbed the Citizen's Group notecard of resident builds to go see...

And the Permaglow place is in there. That construction look is intentional. It's meant to be a 'radiation monitoring facility'.

I guess that one is just a question of preferences. Given the region name and the waterfall that glows and the 3-eyed fish in the lake, they're probably in the right region for that build.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

And the Permaglow place is in there. That construction look is intentional. It's meant to be a 'radiation monitoring facility'.

I guess that one is just a question of preferences. Given the region name and the waterfall that glows and the 3-eyed fish in the lake, they're probably in the right region for that build.

Oh I think the Construction look is Amazing!  another neighbor's bright textured deck over most of their lot is odd.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I am laughing... hopefully WITH YOU... on that one... but it's a desperate laugh...

lol, yes, with me.  The region name and the green waterfall says it all.  I love that the owner ran with the theme.  Had I landed on a nearby lot, I'd join in the fun, at least in the back yard .  It was done well (granted, a subjective opinion), and true it could get out of hand by a few who may not get coloring within the lines, but I don't think that's a reason to stop.  Never the less, it's fun, it's creative, unique and unexpected,  & it's sweet to visit something different,  and I hope we see subtle growth/change of their project over time.

Maybe eventually folks will join in region looks too, like everyone on a block hang a flag by their front door or use a common yard item in their neighborhood.  Right now, it's all about the big B, but it can be drilled down into unique blocks, too.

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 2

I went and had a look, and I think the idea of monitoring the radioactive area is great! I say that even after seeing that it's set up on the ONE parcel that I would have loved to have landed in Permaglow (....not that I'm bitter or anything 😛 ).

But a neighborhood that is built with a nutty theme (said with love) like that cries out for people to play along. I'm glad someone is getting into the spirit and not wasting what really is a unique design idea. I love me some glow in the dark waterfalls! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I found that one when I was camming regions near my latest Trad.  Cracked up laughing - thought it was so well done that I posted a pic in Flickr and here in the forums somewhere

Cute Linden Home

13 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

A close neighbor's large (bright?) deck maybe affecting decisions to keep it.

If you are talking about the large wooden deck, it isn't actually glow, but there is a computer "backlight" close to the house wall that is bleeding out and making part of the wood seem to glow.  Derender that one item and the glowing is gone.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

f you are talking about the large wooden deck, it isn't actually glow, but there is a computer "backlight" close to the house wall that is bleeding out and making part of the wood seem to glow.  Derender that one item and the glowing is gone. 

Thanks!  this wasn't it,  this one is awesome!  About 2 houses away was a property sized deck around a house, and across from it was a house that doesn't stay owned very long.   No complaints about this, it's creative and awesome.

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Thanks!  this wasn't it,  this one is awesome!  About 2 houses away was a property sized deck around a house, and across from it was a house that doesn't stay owned very long.   No complaints about this, it's creative and awesome.

Sorry, confusion - my comment about the wood deck and the computer backlight was not referring to the picture that I posted.  The picture was just a repost of one that I posted a few days ago when I found the Radiation Monitoring Facility. 

For the glow and computer backlight comment, I really was talking about the huge wood deck a few houses away.

I should put more space between comments when I put multiple comments into the same reply post.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sorry, confusion - my comment about the wood deck and the computer backlight was not referring to the picture that I posted.  The picture was just a repost of one that I posted a few days ago when I found the Radiation Monitoring Facility. 

For the glow and computer backlight comment, I really was talking about the huge wood deck a few houses away.

I should put more space between comments when I put multiple comments into the same reply post.

got it, we're on the same page.   A previous poster remarked they kept getting the same lot over and over, I just suggested that deck a few houses away might be the cause. A house different than the construction house too :)

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Carnival campers finally coming up!

Wood is the corresponding region on the norteastern clone (the one without the big black mountain).

Nothing released there yet. - as of Saturday 8:00 am SLT

Someone said here the clones were being released simultaniously.

Does not seem so.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Wood is the corresponding region on the norteastern clone (the one without the big black mountain).

Does not seem so.

Only carnival ones mixed in with ones from previous regions so far as I can tell. Spinoza campers were released at the same time as the rest of the region so I don't understand how it works! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Does not seem so.

Which region do you think will be next ? Gridley Crossroads perhaps ?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.