When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guess not even LL can please All.

I for sure love it being where it is

I can understand the issue of not adding water regions where it was located before. at the blake sea.

LL needs also to add a quick draw distance slide bar, like firestorm, to the official Sl viewer, that would solve the issue of some dont enjoying its view from their houseboats.

Edited by foneco Zuzu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Guess not even LL can please all

LL needs also to add a quick draw distance slide bar, like firestorm, to the official Sl viewer, that would solve the issue of some dont enjoying its view from their houseboats.

true ... but LL could also think a bit before dumping something in a area where people already live.
Best to solve this is getting lovers of this "decor" in the LH near it.

• Like 1

Setting draw distance to 152 m or less clears the westerly view at the closest shoreline point and 160 m or more for actual houseboats nearby.  You will still see boat traffic, and the occasional hot air balloon appear out of nowhere as it drifts east from the ship decks.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Where it was before it provided a route from the Rainforest sims to Honah Lee and back up to FIYC's main marina at Sailor's rest.

I am going to reserve judgement on whether moving it is a good thing, until I know what is replacing it. If that link has gone then that is limiting sailing options for a bit of eye candy in the New Bellisseria area. I love Bellisseria but not when it is plundering attractions and benefits to other areas of mainland\Blake Sea.

Apologies to house hunters & this blog creator, I don't see a Blog yet for the Galaxy and wanted to reply. 

For those who have a LH or House Boat who might move away from the USS Galaxy, please consider posting here an advance notice of your move, I suspect some folks would love a spot by this historic treasure.

Thanks for the info, @Aethelwine.  I noticed yesterday its most previous position (before all links updated) there where sims around it.   I kept thinking back in the day it was more stand alone and had nothing around it?  Perhaps those who lived there might remember it while in original ownership, before its transition to the Lindens I was thinking there were no connected regions to it.

I did find this:  https://sl-aviation.fandom.com/wiki/SS_Galaxy   

"After almost eight years of continuous operation, the SS Galaxy was dismantled in May 2015 and access to its constituent regions was prohibited. On 28th August 2015, the regions which host the ship were relocated to the south-east of the Honah Lee Estate and the vessel was refitted as a museum by Linden Lab (operating as 'SS Galaxy Preservation Society') and opened to visitation. Owing to its new status as a monument, the vessel's facilities have been drastically reduced and rentals/events are not possible aboard now or in the future."

So I'm guessing that Bellisseria is the 3rd location the ship has been docked at?

And thanks to that (very new back then) thing called the internet:   A feast of original  FAQ's, dress codes, etc:  http://www.ssgalaxy.net/  

Thank you Lindens and  Moles for giving this historic vessel new life.

• Like 8

@Mitch Merricks the managing director of the Galaxy for its first 8 years dropped in to visit last night. The ship was moved a few times - I believe he said 3 in his time on board, and two more since LL acquired it (the recent move to Belli being one of those.) He also has a blog here: http://ssgalaxynews.blogspot.com/  No updates since 2015, but some interesting pics.

While I'm among those who wonder why it's in such close proximity to the LH, and agree with the idea of putting a region's distance between it and the residents, I love having her in Bellisseria for the time being. (Derrick Linden did say they were trying out this location "for a bit" so it's possible she won't remain here.) It's a fun mashup of the new and the old, though. I admit to being one of the first on board and staying for several hours just to soak up the nostalgia. 

There are of course some who believe she should remain in the Blake as a local attraction/landmark, and others who feel Bellisseria should have modernized attractions, but there were more people on board in those few hours last night than the ship has seen in years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

While I'm among those who wonder why it's in such close proximity to the LH, and agree with the idea of putting a region's distance between it and the residents, I love having her in Bellisseria for the time being. (Derrick Linden did say they were trying out this location "for a bit" so it's possible she won't remain here.) It's a fun mashup of the new and the old, though. I admit to being one of the first on board and staying for several hours just to soak up the nostalgia.

It's similar to how they just added that new half-island of victorians on the east side. It pushed into what was a bay-view and turned the entire coast near there from ocean views to river views.

If you get a home anywhere near an un-made edge, there's a risk that tomorrow they could always let that heart-land baron put up shop there and add a bloodlines RP sex sim or something... Best to make sure your view faces finished regions if that view is key to your choice.

I agree with those who find this an out-dated relic. An oceanliner is basically the equivalent of a giant oil spill filled with 70-year old fraternity members... only worse... But I also agree with the idea that attractions coming to Bellisseria is a good thing. But as a giant build in SL's context, it's still interesting to explore... My own land is next to Pyri Peaks - which is basically like having Mordor in your back yard and feeling an urge to go throw ancient rings at it... It'd be a scary thing to live by in RL, but in SL it's kinda neat.

I could care less about Blake Sea. In my opinion if the folks in Blake Sea wanted to be treated better they should have done something to avoid all that coastal blight and airports 30m above people's houses... I'd just as soon see them start peeling off the actual water regions of Blake and moving them here... But that's just my personal opinion.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Well, I'm going to sound a slightly discordant note in these posts.... While I love seeing old SL items being brought back to live (I evenenjoy the old black mountains in Mainland that can be seen from Belli), I wish LL would just use those who are more into the 21st mindset.

Those massive cruise ships are so pollutant... Our shores are packed with them, and anytime we see one approaching, we start trembling, and so does our wildlife...

I know this is SL, and it that the cruiser is just for fun, agroup of pixels, but in a moment when our planet is threatened, I just cannot enjoy this stuff...

Even if all the cruise ships in the world were shut down, we would very likely have a few scattered around as museums, as a way of preserving the history of them.  Regardless of whether something is/was good or bad, it is really to our benefit to preserve and understand history -- all history.

This one is not sailing around, polluting the SL air or ruining the SL environment.  It is just sitting there, like a museum, for people to visit.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even if all the cruise ships in the world were shut down, we would very likely have a few scattered around as museums, as a way of preserving the history of them.  Regardless of whether something is/was good or bad, it is really to our benefit to preserve and understand history -- all history.

This one is not sailing around, polluting the SL air or ruining the SL environment.  It is just sitting there, like a museum, for people to visit.

A piece of museum is a great way to look at it!!! Really hope that day will come

• Like 2

Just now, Elena Core said:

A piece of museum is a great way to look at it!!! Really hope that day will come

It has been a museum since 2015. LL created a preservation group specifically for the Galaxy and removed all the commerce from the ship (adboards, stores, etc.) A few mesh pieces have been added but there are still empty spaces and rooms. I suggested last night that they use the original furnishings for continuity, but swap out the poseballs for AvSitter. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

It has been a museum since 2015. LL created a preservation group specifically for the Galaxy and removed all the commerce from the ship (adboards, stores, etc.) A few mesh pieces have been added but there are still empty spaces and rooms. I suggested last night that they use the original furnishings for continuity, but swap out the poseballs for AvSitter. 

@Hendrix Portal, I was referring to the ones in RL :)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's similar to how they just added that new half-island of victorians on the east side. It pushed into what was a bay-view and turned the entire coast near there from ocean views to river views.

If you get a home anywhere near an un-made edge, there's a risk that tomorrow they could always let that heart-land baron put up shop there and add a bloodlines RP sex sim or something... Best to make sure your view faces finished regions if that view is key to your choice.

I agree with those who find this an out-dated relic. An oceanliner is basically the equivalent of a giant oil spill filled with 70-year old fraternity members... only worse... But I also agree with the idea that attractions coming to Bellisseria is a good thing. But as a giant build in SL's context, it's still interesting to explore... My own land is next to Pyri Peaks - which is basically like having Mordor in your back yard and feeling an urge to go throw ancient rings at it... It'd be a scary thing to live by in RL, but in SL it's kinda neat.

I could care less about Blake Sea. In my opinion if the folks in Blake Sea wanted to be treated better they should have done something to avoid all that coastal blight and airports 30m above people's houses... I'd just as soon see them start peeling off the actual water regions of Blake and moving them here... But that's just my personal opinion.

Yes I have friends living on the east coast formerly oceanfront now it’s a river front :(

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I commented on the other thread that the move to me is as it stands now a bad one because of the gap it leaves between the Honah Lee and Rainforest sims.

But, I feel like I need to respond to this comment specifically though because you have misjudged the old location. The areas with the airports above marinas are in mainland, the location the Galaxy was in, was between two of the USS sailing sim areas. Rainforest and Honah Lee have strict covenants (just as the other USS Regions do) on what can be built, on banlines and orbs. There are no constructions that you describe in that area. The failing you accuse the area around the old location of is totally misplaced.

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Could you pleeeeaaassseee talk abou that ship in this thread?

... by now it goes on for several pages here and has NOTHING to do with the topic!

Well, since Galaxy is part of Bellisseria now, it kinda, sorta, maybe, perhaps, could-be, is. Isn't it?

LOL I'm just funning. A concur with you that Galaxy-related subject matter should go over to the Galaxy subject thread. As for the LL homes, I understand Hooten Hollar region is *still* a major, unobtainable, evil-tease. Amirite?

18 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

As for the LL homes, I understand Hooten Hollar region is *still* a major, unobtainable, evil-tease. Amirite?

My latest theory is that LL is holding on to those 2 plots for something special.  Maybe even the one that someone has was also something special.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My latest theory is that LL is holding on to those 2 plots for something special.  Maybe even the one that someone has was also something special.

I have a theory too.  I was watching when that region was released, and it seemed as if Whitney released each camper separately.  I'm wondering if the parcels ended up 'set' somehow to not be automatically released from maintenance?

The 3 very good parcels went last, and I exhausted 8 tries going for them.  There were abandons mixed in with the release, it was madness.  I speculated that she was perhaps trying to stretch the release out so that hoppers wouldn't be guaranteed the best spots or something, but of course I was familiar with the names of all 3 lucky winners that day.  All it seemed to guarantee was that folks who had a LOT of tries at their disposal won out.  All 3 were taken by the torturous end of the release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.