Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

 that ship is monstrous in size for sure.......

it's only rezzble i think? not sailable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's only rezzble i think? not sailable

It's basically a 3 sim raid instanced dungeon skype room region sized build. Meant to be "nearly life sized" you can explore the whole thing. As a build - it's an impressive feat for the pre-mesh, prims maxed at 10m era.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This a viewer glitch or anyone else see it:

0b012e7c30cac7a0f52c5589b796e4c8.jpg

EDIT:

fd0879cc55226382f5a849f4f623ebcd.jpg

That seems to be there now. I remember that being somewhere in the Blake Sea - unless I remember wrong. Did it just move or am I not remembering something...

Yes, the huge three regions long Galaxy ship has been moved to new location. I went to look near the old location and the ship is not there anymore. Even the three regions of the old location are off now (the world map still showed the ship in the old location, but withing few days the world map will update too to show the actual fact).

This region http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Scuttle/219/60/22 is the next region to the west from the old Galaxy AFT region.

Galaxy ship in its new location can be seen from here (look towards west): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hibiki/88/136/24 (at the time of writing the world map was not yet updated fully).

2020-01-14_Galaxy-new-locationt.thumb.jpg.a32a15d07616b0ab35f25dc1e3896014.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I am thinking about this is that the Lindens / Moles want to make sure Bellisseria continues to have sights to see and things to explore. Putting a few pieces of SL history around us here is actually kinda cool... as long as you can have a draw distance that prevents it from lurking over you... :)

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's great, and yes, I would not mind the view at all! I love SL history, and the SS Galaxy is surely part of it. I think I went to a formal dance on it my very first year in SL, 10 years ago, and definitely visited a few times in the past when it was still with its former owners. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think I went to a formal dance on it my very first year in SL, 10 years ago

Did I just read the beginnings of a petition to have danceballs and some music stream controls added to the place now that's a part of Bellisseria?

;)

Frank's was never my scene, but it the kind of scene a lot of people love; and if there is anywhere in SL that ought to be streaming some kind of public domain version of that genre of music, this is it.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Unless you're in the NW corner of Agathy, you'd need to have your camera distance up pretty high to see it. Well over 100. Maybe over 260?

It's further from most of those folks than Pyri Peaks is from me in Fishtown, and I almost never see Pyri Peaks.

 

You will have to set the draw distance so you can see the lighthouse, but not the ship? Uhh... that is difficult. Easier if you are closest to the lighthouse. The other boats, not so lucky.

It is also very much "in the front view" not "over the shoulder view". I remember what you posted from Fishtown. You had clear view over the sea.

Derender this is possible, not possible to derender Pyri Peaks. So that is always something. 😣

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think it's great, and yes, I would not mind the view at all! I love SL history, and the SS Galaxy is surely part of it. I think I went to a formal dance on it my very first year in SL, 10 years ago, and definitely visited a few times in the past when it was still with its former owners. 

 

7 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Did I just read the beginnings of a petition to have danceballs and some music stream controls added to the place now that's a part of Bellisseria?

;)

Frank's was never my scene, but it the kind of scene a lot of people love; and if there is anywhere in SL that ought to be streaming some kind of public domain version of that genre of music, this is it.

That would sweeten it a bit. But I am happy I didn't get a dream spot houseboat there some weeks ago. I don't think I would like it. Not at all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

You will have to set the draw distance so you can see the lighthouse, but not the ship? Uhh... that is difficult. Easier if you are closest to the lighthouse. The other boats, not so lucky.

Didn't think of that...

That lighthouse is further away than I would have thought anyone in Agathy would set distance to. But I see what you mean.

Derender will likely be very hard to do... that this is 3 regions full of prims, probably many not linked.

I see Agathy on my map is full of green dots so looks like a lot of people are thinking about this right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Did I just read the beginnings of a petition to have danceballs and some music stream controls added to the place now that's a part of Bellisseria?

In region Galaxy MID there is a dance floor near the swimming pool, there is music too and a clickable sphere in the air loaded with working dances. Yay! 😀

Region Galaxy AFT also has dance floor, music and working single and couple dances. PARTYY...!

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loretta String said:

Some Houseboat owners will be super excited when they will see the SS Galaxy........

 

Atlantis_002.png

The SS Galaxy was an amazing build & destination event for it's day (2007).  An important part of Linden History as the largest build in SL at that time. Privately owned and built over 3 sims (now called regions).  People could rent rooms and rent event space on it, and there was hired staff and crew!   This was as amazing then as the new Linden Homes are of today: the community was buzzing with events and shows that happened there.  Seriously, Like the Victorians, THIS was incredible.   Maybe the Lindens will allow events there like they do at the fairgrounds, it could hold a ton of people!

I think it's fantastic it's now closer to civilization where others can explore it and it's connected via access to air & sea, I believe originally you could only TP to it?    Some folks may only want empty sky as their view and more power to em,  but I'd join others who think this would be a great addition to exploring for Bellisseria.  

Here's a WiKI about it:  https://sl-aviation.fandom.com/wiki/SS_Galaxy

 

 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes me happy, knowing that the SS Galaxy is sticking around. This is a vintage piece of SL history, one of my favorites in fact. In past years I've rented rooms there, utilized the sushi bar and pool, and danced in the ballroom, but mostly just loved to go see the scale model on display and ride an actual *working* SL elevator. 😄

Considering her age she's still impressive. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hendrix Portal said:

This makes me happy, knowing that the SS Galaxy is sticking around. This is a vintage piece of SL history, one of my favorites in fact. In past years I've rented rooms there, utilized the sushi bar and pool, and danced in the ballroom, but mostly just loved to go see the scale model on display and ride an actual *working* SL elevator. 😄

Considering her age she's still impressive. 

I rented there, too.  Maybe we met each other back in the day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had explored the SS Galaxy back when the Lindens had taken it over, and had forgotten about it not long after that.  It could have easily been deleted and I'm not sure anyone would have remembered it.  Glad it's here now in a much more visible spot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

In region Galaxy MID there is a dance floor near the swimming pool, there is music too and a clickable sphere in the air loaded with working dances. Yay! 😀

Region Galaxy AFT also has dance floor, music and working single and couple dances. PARTYY...!

 

Yay !!!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

In region Galaxy MID there is a dance floor near the swimming pool, there is music too and a clickable sphere in the air loaded with working dances. Yay! 😀

Region Galaxy AFT also has dance floor, music and working single and couple dances. PARTYY...!

Oh, that's great news! It sounds like the intention is that it be an actual working destination and not just a dusty relic. I never rented one of the rooms there but I did think about it a few times; it was so grand back in its heyday. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm going to sound a slightly discordant note in these posts.... While I love seeing old SL items being brought back to live (I evenenjoy the old black mountains in Mainland that can be seen from Belli), I wish LL would just use those who are more into the 21st mindset.

Those massive cruise ships are so pollutant... Our shores are packed with them, and anytime we see one approaching, we start trembling, and so does our wildlife...

I know this is SL, and it that the cruiser is just for fun, agroup of pixels, but in a moment when our planet is threatened, I just cannot enjoy this stuff...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

The SS Galaxy was an amazing build & destination event for it's day (2007).  An important part of Linden History as the largest build in SL at that time. Privately owned and built over 3 sims (now called regions).  People could rent rooms and rent event space on it, and there was hired staff and crew!   This was as amazing then as the new Linden Homes are of today: the community was buzzing with events and shows that happened there.  Seriously, Like the Victorians, THIS was incredible.   Maybe the Lindens will allow events there like they do at the fairgrounds, it could hold a ton of people!

I think it's fantastic it's now closer to civilization where others can explore it and it's connected via access to air & sea, I believe originally you could only TP to it?    Some folks may only want empty sky as their view and more power to em,  but I'd join others who think this would be a great addition to exploring for Bellisseria.  

Here's a WiKI about it:  https://sl-aviation.fandom.com/wiki/SS_Galaxy

 

 

Where it was before it provided a route from the Rainforest sims to Honah Lee and back up to FIYC's main marina at Sailor's rest.

I am going to reserve judgement on whether moving it is a good thing, until I know what is replacing it. If that link has gone then that is limiting sailing options for a bit of eye candy in the New Bellisseria area. I love Bellisseria but not when it is plundering attractions and benefits to other areas of mainland\Blake Sea.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to live on the SS Galaxy! My partner at the time and I rented a cabin for a while. We dined with the Captain. It was a highlight from about 10 years ago. So happy to see it near Bellisseria. The last time I saw it it needed a bit of a facelift inside! There was a bowling alley, the ballroom, several dining areas and the cinema. What a great hang out if these spots were functional.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

Well, I'm going to sound a slightly discordant note in these posts.... While I love seeing old SL items being brought back to live (I evenenjoy the old black mountains in Mainland that can be seen from Belli), I wish LL would just use those who are more into the 21st mindset.

Those massive cruise ships are so pollutant... Our shores are packed with them, and anytime we see one approaching, we start trembling, and so does our wildlife...

I know this is SL, and it that the cruiser is just for fun, agroup of pixels, but in a moment when our planet is threatened, I just cannot enjoy this stuff...

I don't have any sentimental connection to this build, this may be the first time I've seen it, and this time in the morning I can be a bit grumpy anyway, but this does feel hard to enjoy for the reasons you mention and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I don't have any sentimental connection to this build, this may be the first time I've seen it, and this time in the morning I can be a bit grumpy anyway, but this does feel hard to enjoy for the reasons you mention and more.

as this must be a Linden thing, i would offered a few more regions for it and create a cruise terminal to stay in a theme and at top or next to a nearly unused spot on the pickles, this is just pollution of the view.
Most know my positive look on some things, :)  but for me this would be a reason to abandon the LH and find another location, how hard that even is.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as this must be a Linden thing, i would offered a few more regions for it and create a cruise terminal to stay in a theme and at top or next to a nearly unused spot on the pickles, this is just pollution of the view.
Most know my positive look on some things, :)  but for me this would be a reason to abandon the LH and find another location, how hard that even is.

Creating an enviroment for this ship, instead of parking it in the open sea would really be better. A terminal and maybe a promenad. I totally agree to pollution of the view. I don't open the thread about "Crazy Neighbors" any more, but here it is LL that's taking away views from a whole group of houseboats.

LL can do what they want, and all we can do is flee if we don't like it. (General we)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on the SS Galaxy. I went on board last night (GMT)and was among the first visitors. @Pussycat Catnap there is a landing stage on the east side of the Galaxy facing Hibiki. Doc Rast has already held a party in the main ballroom which has a working drum kit and piano and two dance balls. There is a music stream though Doc used his own for the party. There's also an ice rink and more dance areas scattered about the ship. Not sure if the position chosen for it is the best though from my houseboat on Hibiki's west coast I have to set draw distance to over 200 to see the Galaxy. Still, I believe it could become another good party venue for Belli.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...