Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

My alt got 3 homes at Westlake, one of them without the home hehe , (I just had to log in again to get it) It's a nice sim, but too plane to me, I didn't get any pond, river view or flowers bank... Just regular parcels, so I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and see what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Does anyone else think we should at least get 10 rolls? 5 is so few. 

MOST DEFINITELY !!!!!!

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I snagged one in Conger Reef around 5:30pm slt iirc. My Game of Homes playing is officially done (for now)

 

Congrats. Zoya, a nice location,  looks like mine in Neville but with a Traditional home instead of a Victorian

 

Snapshot_002.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I snagged one in Conger Reef around 5:30pm slt iirc. My Game of Homes playing is officially done (for now)

 

My Alt got one in that region as well.  It's a lovey little island that one!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Does anyone else think we should at least get 10 rolls? 5 is so few. 

I’ve never rerolled any of the homes I’ve received. I’m fairly easily pleased though, and my main home is on the mainland.

I’m curious to know though, do those that play the Game of Homes truly believe they will stop when they get their dream home? Will you recognise your dream home when you see it?

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
Added the question
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Loretta String said:

I've seen neighbours decorating without obviously knowing that they can return objects that don't belong to them.

Activating autoreturn is always my first move after getting a home :)

Yeah we've gotta spread the word on AutoReturn, and on looking at About Land and just returning everything manually that doesn't belong to "the right people" (I'm finding some Mole items don't auto-return but can be manually returned - at least the red text was like that for me recently).

I'd hate to see people toss back a location they like because they think there's something on it they can't get rid of when they in fact can.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I’m curious to know though, do those that play the Game of Homes truly believe they will stop when they get their dream home?

I've actually stopped looking for a home, we have wonderful ones.  But I still play the GOH now and then.  It's a lot like a slot machine, we get hooked on pulling that handle, I think!  For me, it's also a form of tourism.  I always like to look around a property to see what's around, and what it has to offer,  before abandoning.  I'm more diligent about that for a property I've caught than if I'm just touring around.

My partner caught a property in Toad Hollow a couple days ago.  I didn't really appreciate the charm of the region until spending a little time there.  It's on the big river, right at water level, so we took a mudskipper both up and down the river to decide.  We found Big Water (and the Fairgrounds) so near!  And the house is right next door to a camper neighborhood, with lots of spare land around it, and in a dell, between a couple of hills.  It felt SO MUCH like Vermont! 

With the addition of a short walk to the bustling houseboat waterfront in ... I want to say Nicholasville.  Or maybe Yuge?  I forget.

As so often happens, I found myself wondering what crazy person abandoned this jewel.  But WE will abandon this, if he hasn't already, because we already have wonderful places.  I make landmarks of interesting or cute neighborhoods to revisit as I hop about.  I made one there.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I finally go a new home there,  I was just playing around the area and I notice a few homes were empty? after 5 years and a few months waiting for a home I got it. for the past 3 days I did this, I log in updated the page every 10 minutes finally one show up wow! I was so excited. but is a pain in the butt. I think everybody should get a house. When they want it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I’ve never rerolled any of the homes I’ve received. I’m fairly easily pleased though, and my main home is on the mainland.

I’m curious to know though, do those that play the Game of Homes truly believe they will stop when they get their dream home? Will you recognise your dream home when you see it?

I've stopped on my houseboat and my camper.  I do still periodically check on the Traditionals and Victorians.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I’ve never rerolled any of the homes I’ve received. I’m fairly easily pleased though, and my main home is on the mainland.

I’m curious to know though, do those that play the Game of Homes truly believe they will stop when they get their dream home? Will you recognise your dream home when you see it?

I blame the moles cause they have made such beautiful new homes for us.  And with so many to choose from it is no wonder people want to hop around.  I have done it myself and I am currently still doing it.

One thing I have seen is that each parcel is truly unique and stunning in it's own way.  There really is something for everyone.  If you are the type that likes to landscape your own property there are properties that have less so that you can do more.  Don't want to bother with the landscaping?  There are lots of properties out there where you can have just that if you are lucky to land on it.   You can be in the middle of everything if you like, or on the outskirts.

I am also finding that the criteria I set out at the beginning in what I wanted in a parcel has changed.  Which is good cause it gives you more choices.  I find it quite exciting to be part of all this.  I know at some point I will have to pick just one house and I will, but for now I am just going to enjoy the ride.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SofiaMia25 said:

Hi I finally go a new home there,  I was just playing around the area and I notice a few homes were empty? after 5 years and a few months waiting for a home I got it. for the past 3 days I did this, I log in updated the page every 10 minutes finally one show up wow! I was so excited. but is a pain in the butt. I think everybody should get a house. When they want it.

Eventually, LL will have enough homes built such that everyone can just go claim when without having to wait and try for days/weeks on end.  However, just like the older Linden Homes, they will likely never have a surplus of every single theme.  There will be times when certain themes are not available, but there is still availability of other themes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Eventually, LL will have enough homes built such that everyone can just go claim when without having to wait and try for days/weeks on end.

The ideal is probably to actually not have a notable surplus, but also not have a shortfall... which means predicting -just right- and having the ability to add more.

Likely the new small island we see that has a combo of traditionals, boats, and I think some might also have campers, in the coming months a variation on that might add Victorians - and then anytime demand seems to be growing they will pop one of those onto the map somewhere - hopefully still connected to Belisseria.

If they do close some of the old linden home regions, they should close the ones closest to mainland first - and use that opened up hole in the map to add regions that use a Belsseria theme as demand dictates. This will of course require people still lingering on old homes to move as they consolidate those regions down... And I the last times they forced movements on people were the opening of Zindra and before that the closing of parts of Shermerville (which happened before my time so I only know of it in stories and not any of the details). History of Zindra indicates forcing people to relocate is a drama nightmare... and since the cost of servers these days is measured in pennies... they can technically leave all the old linden home regions open... though it kinda exposes how they're not really honest when they talk about the cost of adding or charging for regions...

 

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, karynmaria said:

I blame the moles cause they have made such beautiful new homes for us.  And with so many to choose from it is no wonder people want to hop around.  I have done it myself and I am currently still doing it.

One thing I have seen is that each parcel is truly unique and stunning in it's own way.  There really is something for everyone.  If you are the type that likes to landscape your own property there are properties that have less so that you can do more.  Don't want to bother with the landscaping?  There are lots of properties out there where you can have just that if you are lucky to land on it.   You can be in the middle of everything if you like, or on the outskirts.

I am also finding that the criteria I set out at the beginning in what I wanted in a parcel has changed.  Which is good cause it gives you more choices.  I find it quite exciting to be part of all this.  I know at some point I will have to pick just one house and I will, but for now I am just going to enjoy the ride.

I agree with you that at this time the moles did a great job with the homes, very decent quality, and really beautiful environments and landscaping.  And certainly, in any way each plot is unique being a part of the same continent, there is more plots variety, and in what surrounds our houses, because now they really look like homes.

And of course yes, one day you'll find your ideal home and decide not to roll the dices anymore.  I got mine at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/177/136/32  without expecting it.  I recently changed the home model to "The Doyle", highly recommended if you don't need too much space, so you have prims to decorate the exterior.  

P.D. This thread should change its name to "show your Linden home" :)

01_002.jpg

01_001.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw a Vic on the land page!  It was gone in a flash :)

21 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

P.D. This thread should change its name to "show your Linden home" :)

You know that thread already exists, yes?  Your post would be right at home there :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is an awful time to let people know but I'm releasing my home in Well Springs, which is across the street from the water. Really nice property, great neighbors. Only reason is one of my alts snagged a lot over looking the water in Cantrip Coast very similar no houses across the street so I have a clear view of water (there are houseboats, but none blocking my view) and I have a large piece of protected land on one side of me also and a little beach area across the street too. Really very picturesque. 

So, as much as I've loved Well Springs I am going to let it go in a few minutes. Being Christmas Eve, I know most people are probably busy but, here I am because we do not celebrate in our home. I'll release it at 9:45 EST (so, 6:45 SLT). Good luck if anyone is paying attention and interested. This really is a nice gem of property.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cadhaire/31/237/31

 

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Elora Lunasea  that link looks like that one is for Cadhaire.  However I think it is fabulous you are releasing your other one at Christmas.  Just think, it might go to someone who is going thru a bad holiday this year and maybe comes onto SL for a few hours to escape from RL, decides to try for a house and boom!  You have made someone super happy!

That is just good karma all around :) .

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

@Elora Lunasea  that link looks like that one is for Cadhaire.  However I think it is fabulous you are releasing your other one at Christmas.  Just think, it might go to someone who is going thru a bad holiday this year and maybe comes onto SL for a few hours to escape from RL, decides to try for a house and boom!  You have made someone super happy!

That is just good karma all around :) .

OOPS yes, ugh, picked up the wrong one, sorry about that. It was the weirdest thing - when I went to log that alt in that owned that property for some reason every time I tried to TP to Well Springs it kept flinging me over to Cadhaire - no less, the house said she was banned in it. But, when I logged in as my main (Elora) I got to Well Springs no problem. I never had a house in Cahaire which is even stranger. Let alone, if I did why she would be banned is even odder since she goes nowhere and does nothing like - ever lol. Anyway, I must have picked up the LM from her instead of from me hence why it was wrong when I pasted it here. OY.

I do hope someone got my home in Well Springs that was hoping for something lovely for the holiday.  What goes around does come around 👍

I was shocked to get another beach property - was not even looking for one. Just figured I'd click on a traditional and see what happens since no Victorians were showing up. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I know this is an awful time to let people know but I'm releasing my home in Well Springs, which is across the street from the water. Really nice property, great neighbors. Only reason is one of my alts snagged a lot over looking the water in Cantrip Coast very similar no houses across the street so I have a clear view of water (there are houseboats, but none blocking my view) and I have a large piece of protected land on one side of me also and a little beach area across the street too. Really very picturesque. 

So, as much as I've loved Well Springs I am going to let it go in a few minutes. Being Christmas Eve, I know most people are probably busy but, here I am because we do not celebrate in our home. I'll release it at 9:45 EST (so, 6:45 SLT). Good luck if anyone is paying attention and interested. This really is a nice gem of property.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cadhaire/31/237/31

 

I think I got your home in Well Springs at least twice, let it however go, as I am after unblocked sea view.... Catnip Coast was not my case either...I went through most houses  hopping for one with a nice view but it seems that you were the lucky one :) Congrats !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hunting dream almost came true.....

Nice green corner lot, water on 2 sides, great view BUT..... that ugly mountain took away all the joy !!

It's in Fishtown and I had to abandon it, as i couldn't stand that huge mountain ...lol

Merry Christmas everyone !!

Fishtown_001.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

My hunting dream almost came true.....

Nice green corner lot, water on 2 sides, great view BUT..... that ugly mountain took away all the joy !!

It's in Fishtown and I had to abandon it, as i couldn't stand that huge mountain ...lol

Merry Christmas everyone !!

Fishtown_001.png

Oh that IS horrible. Did you try derendering and blacklisting it? That might have worked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Oh that IS horrible. Did you try derendering and blacklisting it? That might have worked.

This is real terraformed mountain, which unfortunately can't be derendered.. Only way around would be to shorten my draw distance, but this is something i absolutely dislike :)

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the initial first couple of days of Victorian houses everywhere, an alt that I made for the festivities got a house I love in Knightley that backs to a lake and has a peek view of the coast! However "Malayaa" is still trying for her own lake or coastal Victorian, so I can drop the extra monthly premium fee for the alt  :D   Just saw one in Myles, and let it go, so they are still popping up.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I’ve never rerolled any of the homes I’ve received. I’m fairly easily pleased though, and my main home is on the mainland.

I’m curious to know though, do those that play the Game of Homes truly believe they will stop when they get their dream home? Will you recognise your dream home when you see it?

I recognised my dreamhome at first sight when I got it - a beachhouse in Axim. I never doubt I will keep that and am glad I got it on my main. I payed for 6 more alts premium for a year though just to let them play the game of homes and till that expires and I downgrade them to basic I amuse myself by letting them catch different homes and see how high up in the quality ranking they can climb.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...