When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, iBrat said:

As far as I know all traditional homes on a 32x32 plot and a few houseboats too. Rest of the houseboats on 16x64, which is the normal size of plot for houseboats. If your plot not fenced for example, it looks like some public area also belong to a certain plot. To me that is lovely!

Hmm really wish I was on the game right now to actually verify that info I swear the two plots next to me look a lot larger and they have bushes going all the way around the home also both house sit nicely in the middle of the land. My home the bushes don't even go half way around the house, the house is off centered and basically on an incline between the house on the hill on one side and flat land house on the other side love to add a photo to show it clearly.

I don't have a houseboat so can't even comment other then having the choice to change the look of the houseboat. Maybe it would have been easier because you really would not have to worry about positioning of land and the landscape because your on water connected to a dock.

Snapshot1_001.jpg

Edited by tootsiepop1

4 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Hmm really wish I was on the game right now to actually verify that info I swear the two plots next to me look a lot larger and they have bushes going all the way around the home also both house sit nicely in the middle of the land. My home the bushes don't even go half way around the house, the house is off centered and basically on an incline between the house on the hill on one side and flat land house on the other side love to add a photo to show it clearly.

I don't have a houseboat so can't even comment other then having the choice to change the look of the houseboat. Maybe it would have been easier because you really would not have to worry about positioning of land and the landscape because your on water connected to a dock.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019  

Scroll a bit down. Says 1024 plots.

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You have it right. All parcels are the same size and have the same LI allowance. The shapes just sometimes vary. :)

Yep and I figuring the shape of the one house is going the long way and not side by side like the houses around me so it looks very off centered. Most pics you see of the homes people have an even amount of space on both sides of the house and are centered in the middle of the property nicely and not off to the left or right side.

I could not even build a garage on the side or anything to connect to the house, their is enough room in the back but like the front of the house to be presentable that is the first thing you will see.

The house is pushed so close to the road that it also has no walk path. and is uneven with the street so they tried to elevate it a bit to make the land kind of flat.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 1

All of the home plots are 32x32 plots.  The houseboats are mostly 16x64, but some are 32x32. 

The placement of the houses and houseboats on the plots are not necessarily always perfect in everyone's eyes, but such is life when you move into a planned community built by someone else.  If you don't like the position of your house or the layout of your plot, you have two choices:   
  1) Abandon and take a chance on when you can get another and what the next one might be like
  2) Adapt for the time being until they've hit the point where there is a surplus and you thus have a better chance of getting something that seems more perfect for you

What might seem like a 'not good' plot to you will likely seem just fine to someone else - that is typically how life works.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just to reiterate something said a few pages ago, there will not be any new region releases until Monday.  They couldn't release any on Wednesday due to someone on the team being ill.   Perhaps more than one region will be ready by Monday, who knows?  (Actually, if you walk around inworld you can kinda tell when they're ready).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if quite a few abandoned homes showed up late on Sunday.   My partner's alt finally got a home, and altho it's a really awkwardly landscaped lot in a not-very-active neighborhood, she'll keep it while she works out which model she wants and decorates.  She'll abandon it when a region she likes is due to be released, I'm guessing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

I swear the two plots next to me look a lot larger and they have bushes going all the way around the home also both house sit nicely in the middle of the land.

One thing to keep in mind is that the landscaping items (shrubs, hedges, fencing, trees, etc.) that are part of the supplied landscaping are not in a home parcel - they are in public separators in-between actual home parcels.  If you really want to see the size and location of the parcel, you really need to turn on display of property/parcel lines.  

The landscaped separators means that those items do not count against a homeowner's LI, and also are, in my opinion, what makes the parcels both feel larger and feel more private, along with adding to the ambiance of the neighborhoods. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

One thing to keep in mind is that the landscaping items (shrubs, hedges, fencing, trees, etc.) that are part of the supplied landscaping are not in a home parcel - they are in public separators in-between actual home parcels.  If you really want to see the size and location of the parcel, you really need to turn on display of property/parcel lines.  

The landscaped separators means that those items do not count against a homeowner's LI, and also are, in my opinion, what makes the parcels both feel larger and feel more private, along with adding to the ambiance of the neighborhoods. 

Yes, I understand that and well aware how they separate the parcels they just did not do such a good job in the front of the one I got I finally was able to post a pic above. It is ok the land I got for the hubby early makes up for it I am going to be releasing mines to see if I can get one of the plots in the newer areas or maybe even a houseboat since we would have two homes.

5 hours ago, tootsiepop1 said:

the house is off centered and basically on an incline between the house on the hill on one side...

Snapshot1_001.jpg

I have to admit that I have house envy.  This home presents an opportunity to be truly unique with very little effort ... A big tree in the yard, close to the sidewalk, with an upside-down car missing a door & wheel resting against it, smoking.  And as close to the road's curb as you can get it (linked to something on your plot, of course), a large Speed Limit sign!

One person's trash is another's treasure, eh?

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I have to admit that I have house envy.  This home presents an opportunity to be truly unique with very little effort ... A big tree in the yard, close to the sidewalk, with an upside-down car missing a door & wheel resting against it, smoking.  And as close to the road's curb as you can get it (linked to something on your plot, of course), a large Speed Limit sign!

One person's trash is another's treasure, eh?

Agreed! There are plenty of people who would be very happy with that location. I think it has loads of potential. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, CandyxHaven said:

to be honest im disappointed in many ways ... releasing a few homes at a time is not going to bring down the masses of waiting list of people they have... instead they are working on new things ... doing events... the new trailer area... party areas... yet no sight of releasing regions at time.. the process they have now it not really working.. does very little for someone to acquire a home.. secondly .. i was just on one of the Bellisserian group paper... i cant say which on in particular.. as i was unaware there where many... i was just making a comment of the situation as i did on here of the homes.. and basically was approached rudely.. i understand this topic has been said many times.. but for someone that is new to the paper and approached this way.. first of all newspaper is a form of information.. one person stated that its for the people that live there .. its a paper done by the community.. ok.. but this paper i have seen posting information for those within the community and out of the community... it advertises the events LL is showing new things in.. its letting us know when certain area of homes are being worked on... whats going on in the community... soo in general .. it does not only pertain to ppl that live there.. it is a source of information as i said.. and we all have freedom of speech... if u do not like something.. be nice and ask to change the subject.. rudeness is not an excuse its a choice... ANYWAYS.. LL needs to really be more proactive with these homes..to be honest im disappointed in many ways ... releasing a few homes at a time is not going to bring down the masses of waiting list of people they have... instead they are working on new things ... doing events... the new trailer area... party areas... yet no sight of releasing regions at time.. the process they have now it not really working.. does very little for someone to acquire a home.. secondly .. i was just on one of the Bellisserian group paper... i cant say which on in particular.. as i was unaware there where many... i was just making a comment of the situation as i did on here of the homes.. and basically was approached rudely.. i understand this topic has been said many times.. but for someone that is new to the paper and approached this way.. first of all newspaper is a form of information.. one person stated that its for the people that live there .. its a paper done by the community.. ok.. but this paper i have seen posting information for those within the community and out of the community... it advertises the events LL is showing new things in.. its letting us know when certain area of homes are being worked on... whats going on in the community... soo in general .. it does not only pertain to ppl that live there.. it is a source of information as i said.. and we all have freedom of speech... if u do not like something.. be nice and ask to change the subject.. rudeness is not an excuse its a choice... REGARDLESS ... LL really needs to be more proactive in these homes than they are now...

Sorry someone was rude to you , Some people act  like know it alls and don't have any idea how to talk to someone kindly ! I encourage everyone to hang in there for a home even though i hate the way there being released. I waited 2 hours today just to have 1 pop up and wasn't quick enough to grab it 😭😭😭. I went back to basic membership. I will enroll later after everything dies down. Maybe I will have a better chance then.😀

It's been surprising to me the kind of features that cause people to abandon plots. I really like the look of the home  @tootsiepop1 shows above, it's a bit different and looks like it might have a nice view of the ocean from the rear balcony. I'm sure someone will love it.

There are a few themes emerging in terms of popularity of plots, and it could be that there are also other people who would struggle with that kind of house.

@CandyxHaven I find it hard to read your post because of my eyes and the formatting. You must be posting on a  device which makes it hard to create gaps in your text?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/5/2019 at 8:54 PM, tootsiepop1 said:

Yep and I figuring the shape of the one house is going the long way and not side by side like the houses around me so it looks very off centered. Most pics you see of the homes people have an even amount of space on both sides of the house and are centered in the middle of the property nicely and not off to the left or right side.

I could not even build a garage on the side or anything to connect to the house, their is enough room in the back but like the front of the house to be presentable that is the first thing you will see.

The house is pushed so close to the road that it also has no walk path. and is uneven with the street so they tried to elevate it a bit to make the land kind of flat.

The walk paths or drive-yards you see all up to the front, is made by the plot owners. All mole made walk paths end where the 1024 land starts. LL has the textures pack inside the mailbox. I have used that in the three houses I have decorated, making walk paths. I had one house, that was a good place but laggy, I abandoned it when the alt got a nicer placement. I also decorated a home for a friend.

In both my places, I had/have one open side against the water with nice rocks on the outside of my land borders. I am so happy it isn't hedges all around. That feels so boxed in. I abandoned a house with only hedges around on all sides, logged in, looked around and clicked abandon.

But you are right, it is not a good placement for a car and garage. The hedge and the road is in the way. I had room for a carport, and that wasn't so wide. I am using one of the old pictures, I don't live there anymore.

garbage_002.jpg.4ff3042cc54ee1f648fbfd1cdd57acc4.jpg

Now I live in a place with only a sidewalk, and loves it.

I think you have room for a carport on the other side. A garage will block the window there. It would be ideal for a motorbike. The carport here works for all Linden Homes, and it includes a textured sidewalk prim. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blushed-Living-Adams-Porch-and-Carport/17216775

The smaller houses have a larger yard, because the houses are small.

There are not many abandoned homes now. So many people is on vacation and only have their phones with them, no computer? The end of July and the start of August will have more abandoned homes, I bet.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CailetAmbrai said:

After lots of broken hearts when I didn’t snag in time, I caught one tonight......Funny thing.....my neighbor is my best friend of ten plus years in SL......she doesn’t even know yet, the wench is sleeping lol! 

Wow that is awesome.  The chances of that happening are really slim.

Lol Yes!!! Freaked me out, thought I was seeing things, tp’d in a friend to double check what I was seeing lol. But I highly suggest using the auto refresh feature with FireFox. For me it worked a lot better and smoother than my Chrome attempts. The notice seems to click off a lot faster with Firefox. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CailetAmbrai said:

Lol Yes!!! Freaked me out, thought I was seeing things, tp’d in a friend to double check what I was seeing lol. But I highly suggest using the auto refresh feature with FireFox. For me it worked a lot better and smoother than my Chrome attempts. The notice seems to click off a lot faster with Firefox. 

That’s awesome! Congratulations 😀

• Like 1

OK, so here it's Monday, now 7:30 AM EDT, and I have my Linden homes selection page running and I'm refreshing quickly.

If Bellissaria comes available will "Meadowbrook"  automatically change to that?

Have I got this right? 

The I click on a house, accept, and terms As fast as possible. 

True or wrong??

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Phideaux Mayo said:

OK, so here it's Monday, now 7:30 AM EDT, and I have my Linden homes selection page running and I'm refreshing quickly.

If Bellissaria comes available will "Meadowbrook"  automatically change to that?

Have I got this right? 

The I click on a house, accept, and terms As fast as possible. 

True or wrong??

Sounds right, I think. Only I wouldn't expect Linden Homes to be released any earlier than 7:30 a.m. SLT which is still I think maybe 3 or so hours from now, or any time after that point. I could be wrong but something about homes being released during LL work hours. Given it's 4:30 a.m. SLT could still be a bit early. But Patch Linden has been known to show up at 6:30 a.m. sometimes in the forum (I suspect Patch is a robot who doesn't need sleep - I'm kidding! 😛 ) to read comments when time allows.

I wouldn't expect regions to be released just yet. Give it a few hours perhaps.

As for the "how" listed above it seems like you're doing it right.

As for when are houses abandoned - it can happen any time. It's just a matter of luck and clicking faster to get an abandoned home before someone else does.

EDIT: I think Bellisseria will be listed at the top of selection when it becomes available but you might have to click the drop-down arrow to see it. It hasn't always show up 100% of the time for me (but does show up a majority of the time). And you will have to be quick. Previous region releases have all been taken in around 3 - 7 seconds. That is a very small window of time to grab a house or even refresh manually!

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Phideaux Mayo said:

Thanks RaeLee for the good advice!

Because I didn't sleep well and now feel it's good to grab coffee and WAKE UP !  LOL

You're welcome. :)

It's also worth noting that keeping an eye on the forums here will give you some indication when things look like they are getting closer. I've heard people mention the Moles or Lindens gathering on regions prior to release for what I assume must be last minute checks. I've heard others mention Patch gives some sort of warning in the Bellisseria Community group in-world right before release. I have no idea if either one of these things are true or are just speculation.

The Lindens and Moles are hoping to release regions regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but it's not always going to be possible. There's no official times for these releases and can happen at any time during the work day (7:30 a.m. to I think 2:00 p.m. SLT or thereabouts). These releases can sometimes be more than one region. Generally no more than two per day (so far?) and I don't think they are released at the same time of day.

With larger releases (that release many regions at once, and that common speculation on the forum here believes could still be at least weeks or months away - and should see the release of the campers or trailers), we will be given official warning from Patch here:

That's all I know, beyond the fact it's still a game of chance where the quickest to click the button wins.

Again bear in mind the last few releases (of regions, NOT larger releases) were all taken in a time frame of around 3 to 7 seconds. Good luck! :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit. And a spelling mistake. Darnit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.