When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Anyone wants a houseboat on the Squishy Pickle?

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Crowsnest/223/143/22

Will abandon in 16 minutes at the full hour 9:00 am SLT

Not a bad location - behind it a little beach - picknick- place

image.thumb.jpeg.dfcf5a5862915d46eb2b230b49fe4fcc.jpeg

DONE! Governor Lindes ...  since 4 minutes ...

Hi Leora...just got your houseboat...Its a lovely location...neighbor only on one side...will keep it for a while...thanks for letting it go 😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AveryWitt said:

I released a trad in Edgar over an hour ago that is still Governor Lindens.....

I released a trad in Wiggle, Sunday morning Europe, and 2 AM in the US. Hoping someone who I talked to in IM should get it. It didn't work. It was stuck in maintenance over an hour and went to someone else.

I think it is a bad weekend to try things like that, but who can know beforehand?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I released a trad in Wiggle, Sunday morning Europe, and 2 AM in the US. Hoping someone who I talked to in IM should get it. It didn't work. It was stuck in maintenance over an hour and went to someone else.

I think it is a bad weekend to try things like that, but who can know beforehand?

The thing about when they don't go back in right away is while I'm refreshing looking for a new home and I see one I hesitate to click on it thinking it's finally the one I released earlier making its way back into the pool...... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AveryWitt said:

The thing about when they don't go back in right away is while I'm refreshing looking for a new home and I see one I hesitate to click on it thinking it's finally the one I released earlier making its way back into the pool...... 

And that's the reason that I (or my alts) abandon and leave but only out of the plot into the street and watch and click and wait who comes and sometimes even talk to them  - which obviously several people here find obnoxious! ;)

Still I continue doing so because I want to make sure a home is definetly out of the way before I restart refreshing.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

I'm noticing we're going back to long maint times as it was in the beginning. Maybe because of the vast amount of people constantly hopping?

If that's the case, that does make it harder for new people to get those houses..

it's now gone past the 2 hour mark and it's not back in the pool yet.... the fact that I know that should give you a hint that I've not had a very busy afternoon....

Finally at the 2 hour and 20 minute mark it has a new owner....

Edited by AveryWitt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've catched three different campers (Arvee, Wiggle and 'cant remember') and a traditional by Badger beach over the weekend. Plus, wandering around Belli, i've seems many many campers that look about to be ready. As mentioned before in the forum, it seems like we're getting close to be covering all the needs for campers. So maybe, we'll have the same situation with Trads soon.

If we think about it, it's been amazing the amount of homes that have been released in the few past months...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

In my opinion when I see the regions more or less ready (plus all that are allready released) there is the biggest shortage in houses, then houseboats and campers they built more than required ... we'll see how it will develop.

I had set my hope for new very nice coastlines and lots of beachy homes at the nortwest- coast of Belli but oviously that will be campers in the sand!

• Like 3

With such popular demand for the new look of houses and houseboats, how much effort would it be for Linden Labs to overhaul some of the regions with older Linden Homes?  Just curious.  I'd love to become a member of the new communities, but I know the demand is high and supply is low.

41 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

In my opinion when I see the regions more or less ready (plus all that are allready released) there is the biggest shortage in houses, then houseboats and campers they built more than required ... we'll see how it will develop.

I had set my hope for new very nice coastlines and lots of beachy homes at the nortwest- coast of Belli but oviously that will be campers in the sand!

Maybe LL make so many campers because they can fit more of them in a region. It is easier to meet the demand for them. And LL can finally have something showing up under "Bellisseria" longer than a few seconds when it is a release of camper regions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TealRenegade said:

With such popular demand for the new look of houses and houseboats, how much effort would it be for Linden Labs to overhaul some of the regions with older Linden Homes?  Just curious.  I'd love to become a member of the new communities, but I know the demand is high and supply is low.

I am sure someone will link you to the threads where this was discussed, and where the Lindens and Moles explained why they will not do it. I am not going to search in the threads because I am not feeling so well. I know the question has been raised, I read the replies, but I am not having the energy to search for it. 😢

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe LL make so many campers because they can fit more of them in a region. It is easier to meet the demand for them. And LL can finally have something showing up under "Bellisseria" longer than a few seconds when it is a release of camper regions.

Yeah, no thank you on the "trailer park" lifestyle in Second Life.  I come to this virtual platform to create something better than what I have to endure in RL.  I will keep refreshing to try my luck with getting into a nice house or houseboat.  The older Linden Homes in the Meadowbrook region are nice, but smaller than what I would like to play with.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TealRenegade said:

To overhaul them to look like Belli would be really hard; the terrains used in Belli are quite different from the ones using in older regions.  And remember terrains have to match around the edges, so they'd need a largish block of empty LH regions.  Easier to start from scratch, and LL has never behaved as if simply putting more regions on the grid strained them in any way.  Look at the sparse expanses of mainland.

This might be a more interesting question: would you be interested if they reworked existing LH regions to simply have 1024 plots, with fewer of the first generation homes?  Even that would be an effort - find an empty LH region, reparcel it completely while leaving half the existing homes in place (not sure that's possible), replace surplus homes with landscaping, update scripts, etc..  But a lot easier than plopping down a nice-looking Traditional/Houseboat landscape without a coherent continent design.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TealRenegade said:

So far I've refreshed multiple times.  A houseboat, then a regular house cam up, but by the time I hit the button to accept, I received the "sold out" message.

I had gotten the house(unless multiple had gone up), checked the map on it's location and it's a nope.. however I can't even get in to SL to let it go because of the issues.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Service issues started a couple of hours ago: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/82f56mnkm8lt

I can't log in at all, so you are probably right.

Our engineers are still working on coming up with a fix for the issue. We don't have an ETA at this time. Thanks for hanging in there with us as we debug the grid.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.