Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Huh?

yx5bj.jpg.4261cb7e98500203442b70e8f13b70e1.jpg

To take a statement with 'a grain of salt' (or 'a pinch of salt') means to accept it while maintaining a degree of scepticism about its truth. The idea comes from the fact that food is more easily swallowed if taken with a small amount of salt.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

To take a statement with 'a grain of salt' (or 'a pinch of salt') means to accept it while maintaining a degree of scepticism about its truth. The idea comes from the fact that food is more easily swallowed if taken with a small amount of salt.

I'm aware of the phrase. I was focusing on the ice cube and how salt affects the way it melts from a chemical reaction standpoint. 

Anyway, sure, take it with a grain of salt. The question was asked and I answered. A Mole could wander in and answer it as well, but apparently they wouldn't be believed, either. Patch could come in and clarify, too, but some wouldn't believe him. Ebbe could show up and answer, but he's no more believable than Patch is, so the question is unanswerable since no one will believe the answer given. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I asked her ... she is not sure ... she might...

Really?  You ask strangers if they want to keep their parcels?  LOL I would never dare.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Really?  You ask strangers if they want to keep their parcels?  LOL I would never dare.

Why not? It is not as if I would ask them if they will divorce their husband! *lol*

I just say "Hi I abandoned this. Are you going to keep it?"

It is natural that I want to be sure not to get my own parcel back next 5 minutes! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I don't love it when the previous dweller stays there to see who got the parcel or when, so I map it first to make sure there are no dots before I go. NOT a fan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I don't love it when the previous dweller stays there to see who got the parcel or when, so I map it first to make sure there are no dots before I go. NOT a fan.

I always did this too!  - oh correction once or twice I had that but I always left without doing anything and wait until they were gone

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I am also not fond of people hanging around to "Welcome" me to the parcel..

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

Same! I think it's creepy. When I recently abandoned, I got my behind out of there ASAP so as not to bother the new owner. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Same! I think it's creepy. When I recently abandoned, I got my behind out of there ASAP so as not to bother the new owner. 

Yes, creepy!  I originally started my post, "I find it creepy when..." but changed it.  I do the same, get out of there quick when abandoning.

Edited by Cricket Portland
  • Like 3

You can abandon from a region away.. Have done that, cam on the dots waiting for you, click land. I don't think it's creepy for people to wait, I understand it. It's just awkward when they start cheering, and I feel like I'm letting them down, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Funny how different people feel - might have to do with country, habits ... or age???

I do not think it at all "creepy" if the last owner stays in front of the house in the street to see who gets his abandoned parcel. I would perhaps not like if he stayed INSIDE the house. I never do that. I abandon and TP out into the street.

And I wouldn't mind at all if he talked to me and asked whether I will keep it. Either he just got it and abandoned at once - then he wants to make sure he doesn't get it again in 5 minutes. Or he has lived there long and liked it a lot (like me with Sorensen). Then he would like to give it into the hands of someone who appreciates it - like when you sell a dog. ;)

14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I do not think it at all "creepy" if the last owner stays in front of the house in the street to see who gets his abandoned parcel. I would perhaps not like if he stayed INSIDE the house. I never do that. I abandon and TP out into the street.

And that's fabulous that you don't think it's creepy. That way, if it happens to you, you won't be creeped out!

However, it's not up to you how other people perceive an action or behavior. I think if I heard from multiple people that a certain behavior of mine was creepy, I'd be rethinking that behavior. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

And that's fabulous that you don't think it's creepy. That way, if it happens to you, you won't be creeped out!

However, it's not up to you how other people perceive an action or behavior. I think if I heard from multiple people that a certain behavior of mine was creepy, I'd be rethinking that behavior. 

THIS ^^ 

It's like the many forum discussions about peeking in windows. Some people think that behavior is intrusive, nosy, and does not respect the privacy of others. I feel the same way when someone posts in here the name of the new owner of a parcel. Did the new owner consent to having their business blasted like that? Somehow I doubt it. 

How about I fill a house with BDSM stuff and teddy bears, leave the windows wide open, and then say "Well, I don't mind it so it must be OK"? I think we have already seen that debated to death here in the forums, so the question is rhetorical. ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I do the same, I would feel a total creep if i hung around when the new owner arrives, and hate it when the previous owner hangs around, in fact if they do I tp right out and wait till they've gone before tp'ing back to look at my new house.

Edited by ZsaZsaZahira
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cricket Portland said:

Yep. I have been usually doing this. Was super awkward the one time I didn't - and the person posts here and in the Bellisaria chat group and was at the time upset that they didn't get another plot. All good a day later when they got a dream plot - but I felt really awkward at first... O.o
... and I myself also tossed that plot back a little later ...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You DO love to tell other people how to behave, don't you?

I think you did hear from multiple people that they do not like this, still you keep on.

Are you by any chance a teacher in RL? ;)

I am too old to be told off by you!

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And there it was taken. Nice region, congratulations to the lucky ones.

Yeah I'd wager that's one of the best houseboat regions on the grid.

If I didn't already have a neighboring plot on Lollipop I would be severely upset right now about missing those. I didn't want to risk tossing back lollipop and failing to be on when Bennit's Cove hit - and it looks like that was the right move.

On a big plus: now I no longer have red text as a neighbor. :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You DO love to tell other people how to behave, don't you?

I think you did hear from multiple people that they do not like this, still you keep on.

Are you by any chance a teacher in RL? ;)

I am too old to be told off by you!

Where did I tell you how to behave? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I get it. It's like the house-hoppers are a kind of community that enjoys letting go of homes and passing them on to others. You like to see who gets the home you let go of, and know the person who let go of theirs for you.

I like to let go of really good spots at a strange time, hoping that a home-hunter is totally shocked and delighted at finding such a choice spot at an unusual hour.  I've never waited around to see them, but I might do that sometime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

I like to let go of really good spots at a strange time, hoping that a home-hunter is totally shocked and delighted at finding such a choice spot at an unusual hour. 

That's exactly what I have done the few times I've abandoned houses. I like to wait until late night for me (say, 7 PM SLT) so that those who are at work, etc., during regular release times have a chance to get something considered "desirable". I recently gave up a beach home and then a home in Blackwater Shoals, and though I did not wait around to see who got them, I do hope the new owners enjoy what was probably a surprise catch for them. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

*coughs* on topic, just saw a HB and traditional same page, thought it was a release!

I'd seen that too, and thought the same!

Just a coincidence, haha.

Edited by s2Pandora

18 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

*coughs* on topic, just saw a HB and traditional same page, thought it was a release!

Unfortunately I caught the Trad, and it was a Badger Beach one I've released twice in recent weeks, now 3 times.