When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really hope the Lindens keep on releasing whatever they want, whenever they want. They clearly can't please everyone, and some people seem to just love to complain, so they should do whatever makes the job easiest for themselves.

I easily caught a house in Rocky Heights during that release, with zero stalking or drama (and no auto refresh), so it just goes to show that it's as much luck of the draw as anything else. It makes more sense to just chill and have some fun with it, and not give yourself an aneurysm if your "dream" parcel doesn't land in your lap. SL is supposed to be fun and if it's not, maybe it's time for a little break. :) 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I easily caught a house in Rocky Heights during that release, with zero stalking or drama (and no auto refresh), so it just goes to show that it's as much luck of the draw as anything else. It makes more sense to just chill and have some fun with it, and not give yourself an aneurysm if your "dream" parcel doesn't land in your lap. SL is supposed to be fun and if it's not, maybe it's time for a little break. :) 

How fortunate that you caught a home in Rocky Heights.  I had hoped to try for one there but was entertaining out of town guests.

Lots more good things to come...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I really hope the Lindens keep on releasing whatever they want, whenever they want. They clearly can't please everyone, and some people seem to just love to complain, so they should do whatever makes the job easiest for themselves.

Haven't you heard, it's not the having, it's the getting? 😋

Don't you think LL loves the buzz and the exitement around this? And I stongly dislike people who label everything "drama". It's more than drama. It's entertainment. It is life. It may not be your life. It's love behind the sometimes emotional ups and downs. I feel so alive. I have not felt this way in SL since I was a newbie.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

How fortunate that you caught a home in Rocky Heights.  I had hoped to try for one there but was entertaining out of town guests.

Lots more good things to come...

Exactly! Every region has something nice to offer. It's good to keep an open mind and take a look around before pooh poohing any of them. Gentle Grove and Hammond Park have not yet been released, and they are both lovely, too. (In fact, I had my eye on Hammond Park, not Rocky Heights! But I'm happy to get what I get.)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Haven't you heard, it's not the having, it's the getting? 😋

Don't you think LL loves the buzz and the exitement around this? And I stongly dislike people who label everything "drama". It's more than drama. It's entertainment. It is life. It may not be your life. It's love behind the sometimes emotional ups and downs. I feel so alive. I have not felt this way in SL since I was a newbie.

There has definitely been some very dramatic posts in this thread, and just as much drama in in world group chat. And just as you dislike people who label things "drama", I dislike the ones who are being dramatic. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There has definitely been some very dramatic posts in this thread, and just as much drama in in world group chat. And just as you dislike people who label things "drama", I dislike the ones who are being dramatic. ;) 

I don't bother to post in threads that don't interest me, nor do I read them.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Exactly! Every region has something nice to offer. It's good to keep an open mind and take a look around before pooh poohing any of them. Gentle Grove and Hammond Park have not yet been released, and they are both lovely, too. (In fact, I had my eye on Hammond Park, not Rocky Heights! But I'm happy to get what I get.)

There is a parcel in Gentle Grove I would love to get.  Will hope to me available when it releases.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Second Life homes... Lucky bags. Mystery goodie bags.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46805873

" Many queue up for hours in front of their favourite stores just to get their hands on a Fukubukuro, as they are usually sold only in limited amounts. "

When one of my daughters had her first baby, she used cloth diapers.  They were one of a kind so she had me stalking the page for a particular size and pattern when they released.  

This home "game" reminds me of that.  I LOVE the challenge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Actually, since there are folks who participated in the Rocky Heights release on this thread, I have a question:  Did you see a lot of "unknown error" responses on the land page?  Because there were a ton of them during the earlier, Well Springs release.  I actually had time to catch two houses and release one before the houses had all been taken.  I'm sure some people gave up, but actually when you see that error you should just keep refreshing, because it may clear.

I'm curious because during/after the Well Springs release, Patch hung around in the region for quite a while, not participating in Belli chat but present (I said hello & thanks in local and he responded courteously).  I'm wondering if he was watching the mechanics of the release, and perhaps delayed the 2nd release until the land page was shaped up?

• Like 2

I continually got the error page and didn't catch anything.

I have just been on my land on Toad Hollow and seen a blue dot on Mini map. I clicked and it was a Linden - a female, I cannot remember the first name. She was only there a few minutes and as soon as she disappeared I got the 'restart' notice.

Perhaps sorting out some problem. She was on the camper site on the other side of the river from Toad Hollow. They have yet to be released.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Actually, since there are folks who participated in the Rocky Heights release on this thread, I have a question:  Did you see a lot of "unknown error" responses on the land page?  Because there were a ton of them during the earlier, Well Springs release.  I actually had time to catch two houses and release one before the houses had all been taken.  I'm sure some people gave up, but actually when you see that error you should just keep refreshing, because it may clear.

I'm curious because during/after the Well Springs release, Patch hung around in the region for quite a while, not participating in Belli chat but present (I said hello & thanks in local and he responded courteously).  I'm wondering if he was watching the mechanics of the release, and perhaps delayed the 2nd release until the land page was shaped up?

I don't think I've ever seen a page that said "unknown error", just the one about how the parcel is no longer available (something like that). I wonder if it has something to do with using auto refresh? 

5 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I continually got the error page and didn't catch anything.

I have just been on my land on Toad Hollow and seen a blue dot on Mini map. I clicked and it was a Linden - a female, I cannot remember the first name. She was only there a few minutes and as soon as she disappeared I got the 'restart' notice.

Perhaps sorting out some problem. She was on the camper site on the other side of the river from Toad Hollow. They have yet to be released.

Whitney Linden has been involved with the work to correct the issues in Toad Hollow, so maybe that was her that you saw. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have myself in a camper and my alt looking for a traditional. I loosened the reigns from stalking releases on the alt and now it's much more fun to me to be surprised at what comes up. I drop in on the land page at random times now instead of hanging on there for long periods.  If I am out and about in RL, sitting at a stoplight for instance, I will pull out my phone and refresh the land page, and I have actually gotten a home a couple times that way. I have not settled on anything yet because I am looking for a home that feels right to start decorating for Christmas (there will be no outdoor decor until the appropriate time and I will keep the shades down, too, until after Thanksgiving. lol)

Anyway, I know everyone knows what feels right for them, but I am having more fun now that I am just taking it in stride and not studying the regions coming up for release like I used to. 🙄

Edited by Cricket Portland
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't think I've ever seen a page that said "unknown error", just the one about how the parcel is no longer available (something like that). I wonder if it has something to do with using auto refresh? 

Doubt it, I haven't used auto refresh for months.

The "unknown error" page LOOKS exactly like the "no longer available" page, just with different words.  It does not seem to mean that the parcel has been taken; acts more like a 'page fault' notification.   Perhaps you have seen it, but didn't notice?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Doubt it, I haven't used auto refresh for months.

The "unknown error" page LOOKS exactly like the "no longer available" page, just with different words.  It does not seem to mean that the parcel has been taken; acts more like a 'page fault' notification.   Perhaps you have seen it, but didn't notice?

I really don't think I've seen it, but I also don't go to the land page often. I was in the game for this most recent release only because after six months of having the beach house, I threw it back into the mix so someone else could have it. I imagine if I was refreshing the page regularly, I'd eventually see the error, too. But after a few days of playing with it last week, I'm done (again) since I did get a new house. It will be interesting to see if others report some pattern to when the error page appears!

3 hours ago, Cricket Portland said:

I have myself in a camper and my alt looking for a traditional. I loosened the reigns from stalking releases on the alt and now it's much more fun to me to be surprised at what comes up. I drop in on the land page at random times now instead of hanging on there for long periods.  If I am out and about in RL, sitting at a stoplight for instance, I will pull out my phone and refresh the land page, and I have actually gotten a home a couple times that way. I have not settled on anything yet because I am looking for a home that feels right to start decorating for Christmas (there will be no outdoor decor until the appropriate time and I will keep the shades down, too, until after Thanksgiving. lol)

Anyway, I know everyone knows what feels right for them, but I am having more fun now that I am just taking it in stride and not studying the regions coming up for release like I used to. 🙄

Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri I decided to do some release stalking along with abandoned stalking  with an alt that I brought out for a month when I decided to try a camper and because I had a few days extra off.  I have to say it is frigging exhausting.  I have no idea how people do this day in and out all week.  By Friday I didn't care if there was a release and totally missed it!  I am just more happy trying every once in awhile to get something that is abandoned.  

I am also not criticizing those that do enjoy doing this I understand that some have fun doing this and if you do then more power to you!  I can see the appeal in always trying to find that perfect spot and the gamble of seeing what you get.   At the end of the day you have to feel right about your LH.  I mean even the old houses,  I would jump around  trying to find a better spot or one that just felt better.  I image when the older linden homes came out I am sure there was a mad dash for everyone to get one way back then??

Here's hoping that everyone eventually gets the spot that works for them without exhausting themselves to death  😂.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Not really! The quality of a plot is ALL about landscaping, view, position.

EVERY issue you might have with the house itself can be solved ... first by rezzing another ... if that does not help reset the postbox (klicking loooong on it) ... and if THAT does not help file an AR or contact the moles in some other way ... they are sure to straigthen that problem in short time for you.

It'd take an AR then. Tried self-remedy.

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh my gods. I was walking there on the beach in Rocky Heights, and found one beach house, direct on the beach, that was claimed two hours ago. 😩

Yeah I see that one - that's the house that as of when I logged out last night still had red text and a green border. Either the person with it gave up on waiting for a fix (which would have been silly since we're in weekend) or the fix caused the claim date to be off and it was actually claimed at the same time as the sim opened.

I don't remember the name it had on Friday, but I think it was different than the one I see now.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Every release where there has been a lot of people at the land page has had error receipts. Good Bury went through slick first try. That's my experience. All other releases had error receipts I put down to land page traffic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.