When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I'm all good for a triple play so long as they don't go at once.

The chances of you getting in to the region you hope for is then heavily reduced.

Luckily they have been pretty good about doing 1 at a time, though.. and hopefully it stays that way. It really helps.

Anyway on topic. Seen 1 house, 1 boat, and 1 camper today. I'm on cooldown(last I tried this morning) and no idea for how long because it's all so vague.

The abandons I've seen over the weekend have been from the early releases (traditionals) and all of quite simple landscaping, inland no nearby water. Looks as if people are braving up, leaving their homes and taking the plunge on south island. Competition this week is going to be fierce. Those error receipts are going to be fun!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Noticed just now that 3 Rocky Heights parcels have already changed hands since it went live yesterday afternoon. So even 'the perfect sim' can have openings.

I had been very suprised to find that same happening last weekend in Blackwater.  There was much change in owners. 

Actually people tend to assume that what they feel to be sheer perfection would appeal to everyone (at least to an extend). But in RL like in SL  (and whether we talk about love or homes *ggg*) perfection lies in the eye of the beholder, tastes vary WILDLY and it takes all kinds of people to make a world.

I myself cannot understand people either who let go of a home in Rocky Heights (at least of one of the about 6 ideal ones with waterfront).

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I had been very suprised to find that same happening last weekend in Blackwater.  There was much change in owners. 

Actually people tend to assume that what they feel to be sheer perfection would appeal to everyone (at least to an extend). But in RL like in SL ... and wether we talk about love or homes *ggg* - perfection lies in the eye of the beholder, tastes vary WILDLY and it takes all kinds of people to make a world.

I myself cannot understand people either who let go of a home in Rocky Heights (at least of onbe of the about 6 ideal ones with waterfront).

That's what they said about Goodbury and Light of Aurelia. Both were sandy (ideal for some but not for me) and both were quite exposed as said by @Marianne Little it is true the feeling is important. Rocky is quite secluded and nestled which I love. Perhaps people wanted lakes, ponds, and less sea. More community. Also you are a kind of influencer for the product (Bellisseria Homes) you get many and release many. People watch and listen and ask weird stuff like "what is a desirable parcel?) they see others pointing out the benefits of un released regions and follow suit. I've had the conversations :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

I'm all good for a triple play so long as they don't go at once.

The chances of you getting in to the region you hope for is then heavily reduced.

Luckily they have been pretty good about doing 1 at a time, though.. and hopefully it stays that way. It really helps.

It doesn't matter to me a lot anymore for I finally found a parcel that makes me happy so I will not take part in the race ...

... or I just might?? with an alt just out of curiousity - catch and release - and announce - like @Chloe Dolores did?? ;)

But when I still was househunting seriously  I really VERY much appreciated that there were SOME rules to this game (or so it seemed): never on weekends, never outsiden LL business hours 6 am to 2 pm and NEVER a second release after one had happened. Why? So after the release you could relax and shut of the autorefesh and go about your RL business again - or to bed!

On Friday happened something that shocked me and had never happened before: they just changed the rules in the mid of the game so that I didn't notice the Rocky Heights release at all, didn't take part and missed out completely! Well I got my consolation and dried my tears and LEARNED one thing: It is their game and they make the rules and change them whenever they please and we can do nothing  but guess and take what we get.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

All my alts are out now it's so much simpler. Pay one account, only catch on one account. But I've lived in all the types of homes so far and now know what I need to build what I want. But I needed the journey in order to find out. Also I know one thing about myself too - I am tired of the trying and am wishing I was not in the release wait. BUT I also know I will find the parcel because I've done it many times before so there is no fear. And being homeless until is okay!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chloe Dolores said:

That's what they said about Goodbury and Light of Aurelia. Both were sandy (ideal for some but not for me) and both were quite exposed as said by @Marianne Little it is true the feeling is important. Rocky is quite secluded and nestled which I love. Perhaps people wanted lakes, ponds, and less sea. More community. Also you are a kind of influencer for the product (Bellisseria Homes) you get many and release many. People watch and listen and ask weird stuff like "what is a desirable parcel?) they see others pointing out the benefits of un released regions and follow suit. I've had the conversations :) 

Influencer for Bellisseria Homes? - that never occured to me but it amuses me! *lol*

Well some of us might be, but tastes really vary  a lot and while I am absolutely fixed on seashore or at least a good view of seashore that's just my personal taste. In RL I spent nearly ALL my holidays at some island or seashore ressort and I was born and raised in Bremen which is not at the sea but you can reach the coast in an hours drive and the wonderfull islands in the nothern sea in a days excursion. Now I live in the south - far from the  sea and long for it!

Others love rocks or woods or ponds, waterfalls, parks, meadows and those landscapes are JUST as beautyful!! Well done moles!!

Contrary to some people here I dare to say that the homes vary in quality - which is absolutely normal and to be expected if you try to model a continent with landscape that ressembles RL!! There are certain homes (few)  that 95% of the people would love, lots of homes that 70 to 80% of  the people would love and (just a few) ) others that only 20% would love (but 50% would keep because of the shortage) so they get tossed about like a ball for a while before they find their owner.

But however that may be ... you need no influencers to tell you what home you should love and keep. Like in RL househunting  (and very much like in LOVE and chosing you partner) there is a shortage, you can not GET just everything you want but you can look at what you have and COULD get and decide if that is good enough to keep it. And RL or SL - like in love you might end up having nothing at all if you are tooo choosy ... or with something a lot worse! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Influencer for Bellisseria Homes? - that never occured to me but it amuses me! *lol*

Well some of us might be, but tastes really vary  a lot and while I am absolutely fixed on seashore or at least a good view of seashore that's just my personal taste. In RL I spent nearly ALL my holidays at some island or seashore ressort and I was born and raised in Bremen which is not at the sea but you can reach the coast in an hours drive and the wonderfull islands in the nothern sea in a days excursion. Now I live in the south - far from the  sea and long for it!

Others love rocks or woods or ponds, waterfalls, parks, meadows and those landscapes are JUST as beautyful!! Well done moles!!

Contrary to some people here I dare to say that the homes vary in quality - which is absolutely normal and to be expected if you try to model a continent with landscape that ressembles RL!! There are certain homes (few)  that 95% of the people would love, lots of homes that 70 to 80% of  the people would love and (just a few) ) others that only 20% would love (but 50% would keep because of the shortage) so they get tossed about like a ball for a while before they find their owner.

But however that may be ... you need no influencers to tell you what home you should love and keep. Like in RL househunting  (and very much like in LOVE and chosing you partner) there is a shortage, you can not GET just everything you want but you can look at what you have and COULD get and decide if that is good enough to keep it. And RL or SL - like in love you might end up having nothing at all if you are tooo choosy ... or with something a lot worse! ;)

Products need influencers :) "stop clambering over and debating our product!" (said no company - ever)

Also as in love - better alone than with the wrong one. An empty space can be filled!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Products need influencers :) "stop clambering over and debating our product!" (said no company - ever)

Also as in love - better alone than with the wrong one. An empty space can be filled!

YES! - I sooo agree with you! 

As to love: my mother said about 55 after her divorce : "You cannot be single enough!!"

.... and being widowed (having lived several years seperated before) and now pensioned I soooooo agree with her!! :)

And as to homes: this is a point that in SL more ressembles love than RL househunting:

A partner you wish for but do not NEED ... a home in RL you DO need (or become a homeless hobo under the bridge) in SL you don't!

So just in SL you can afford to stay "single" and homeless till love at first sight hits you! :)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I myself cannot understand people either who let go of a home in Rocky Heights (at least of one of the about 6 ideal ones with waterfront).

I'd be one of those people. My alt does have one of the Rocky Heights homes but one away from the water. I don't like the ground textures near the water, don't like being near beaches - which might be an odd thing to hear from a native of San Francisco... :) I like to be directly ON the water, or one something notably green.

Anyway, 3am for me. Watching some late TV, came in to make sure my computer was shut off (hint, it wasn't), and saw this... O.o

I do agree that homes vary significantly in quality. Within themes. Such as - these campers will be better than those campers to most people - with some exceptions.

- Some sims just seem to naturally have less lag than others.

I noticed that the home I got in Rocky Heights is actually rotated by about 0.015 degrees... That, actually, for many people would be a hidden disaster. Imagine being unable to get anything put on a wall to line up - rez one of those 'home kits' that cover walls, it won't fit. Put a painting on the wall, one side will poke through.

Most SL users lack the knowledge to figure out why - and to know to rotate everything in their build by a tiny fraction of a number...

- Most oddly, this happened Saturday when I put out a new Adams house (removed my adams, looked at another design, put Adams out again, and my whole build had 'moved' with half my paintings partly in the walls. The building had rotated, but also shifted slightly north-east - attempts to re-rez it showed the situation repeating).

So technically I have a low quality house... but I always build by the numbers so I can spot it.

- That's just one rare example I imagine, among many possibilities, of what could impact a plot's quality.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I... I noticed that the home I got in Rocky Heights is actually rotated by about 0.015 degrees... That, actually, for many people would be a hidden disaster. Imagine being unable to get anything put on a wall to line up - rez one of those 'home kits' that cover walls, it won't fit. Put a painting on the wall, one side will poke through ...

- That's just one rare example I imagine, among many possibilities, of what could impact a plot's quality.

Not really! The quality of a plot is ALL about landscaping, view, position.

EVERY issue you might have with the house itself can be solved ... first by rezzing another ... if that does not help reset the postbox (klicking loooong on it) ... and if THAT does not help file an AR or contact the moles in some other way ... they are sure to straigthen that problem in short time for you.

There have been other people with that problem ... all solved! There is a whole thread about it:

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

I have 2 homeless premiums. I am not sure if I can settle down with them both. The "perfect" plot is hard to find. Or houseboat.

I click and jump on literally everything, because sometimes people abandon plots that make my jaw fall down. I am pretty sure I have abandoned a two digit number of homes people have the same reaction to when they rez in and see what they got. I heard in chat inworld that someone had this scream reaction and tp'ed her friends over to see. Three direct on water's edge houses, 4-5 near sea or near lakes, a few boats in good spots, some campers. That, and places I don't remember because I had them just minutes.

I have changed my thoughts about Light of Aurelia. It is no longer the *top* place, but on the list of dream places.

As I go throught parcels, I will be exhausted and ripe for a new style, that I hope LL get out before Christmas. Then we will see lots of homes abandoned, I assume.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

It doesn't matter to me a lot anymore for I finally found a parcel that makes me happy so I will not take part in the race ...

... or I just might?? with an alt just out of curiousity - catch and release - and announce - like @Chloe Dolores did?? ;)

But when I still was househunting seriously  I really VERY much appreciated that there were SOME rules to this game (or so it seemed): never on weekends, never outsiden LL business hours 6 am to 2 pm and NEVER a second release after one had happened. Why? So after the release you could relax and shut of the autorefesh and go about your RL business again - or to bed!

On Friday happened something that shocked me and had never happened before: they just changed the rules in the mid of the game so that I didn't notice the Rocky Heights release at all, didn't take part and missed out completely! Well I got my consolation and dried my tears and LEARNED one thing: It is their game and they make the rules and change them whenever they please and we can do nothing  but guess and take what we get.

I kind of wish there were more rules tbh, haha. Hunting is absolutely EXHAUSTING. I'd especially love if you abandoned a home you couldn't get it back for x amount of time if it was released again. I got the same house last night 3 times. x.x

What happened on Friday wasn't a first, but it was a second. They did a similar thing when Everett, Jefferson Park, and Pearlcoast were released(I believe it was those 3, or a trio around them). They released 3, but not all at once. Rocky wasn't super surprising to me personally, but then I also didn't expect it at the same time. I didn't try for Rocky as the 1 parcel I liked on the region was such an abysmal chance of getting, it didn't feel like a good idea to waste an abandon on it(I ended up getting an abandon there anyway later).

I am itching for a backyard waterside, so the remaining land regions with water are possibly my last hope in that regard until the new theme is revealed. Anything soon will be landlocked homes. I don't care for houseboats or campers(especially campers). If the to-be-revealed theme isn't something I care for either.. well.. I'll have until April or May to try my abandon luck.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I distinctly remember a day (I don't keep a spreadsheet so I don't know the exact date) when there were three releases in a row on a Friday. And there was the day that Derrick released a region on a US holiday even though Patch also said there wouldn't be releases on holidays. 

It's sad... LL are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they stick to one release three times a week during LL business hours, people complain because they're at work during those hours, or sleeping, or whatever, and if they release regions outside those times, or multiple releases on the same day, people complain because they weren't expecting it. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I was also sure, that it was not the first time they released more regions the same day. I don't remember if it was the first time they had a short pause between. Or if they had released the other 3 regions like bam-bam-bam without a break between them.

I think many more than me was hanging around (both inworld and on the page) to see if it was some abandons, but when I saw a Linden coming back, I could feel my hairs rise in the back of my neck. I could not really belive he was going to release another region, but he didn't leave and ran around and started asking in group chat why there was so many people in the unreleased sim.

And so the message came up, the region is about to restart. This is real, he is releasing it! I refreshed the page like mad! Again and again it showed me a Traditional. Again and again. Got nothing. I think more people was in the refresh game bacause they were ready for it. So I was ready, but it didn't matter.

It was really painful to stay and keep watch 4 hours more in case it was a third. It was no more releases. The teasing about isn't so fun. Two Lindens, in group chat, was asked if they were releasing more, but avoided the question. They could have said in plain speak, that's it, no more releases today. But. I am sure someone will come and tell me how ungrateful I am, that I dare come and say so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

...What happened on Friday wasn't a first, but it was a second. They did a similar thing when Everett, Jefferson Park, and Pearlcoast were released(I believe it was those 3, or a trio around them). They released 3, but not all at once. ..

I looked up the records ... as far as I can see it was Jefferson Park, Everett and Light of Aurelia released on Friday 16th of August at 11:38 am SLT all at once ... see here (and the following posts)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I distinctly remember a day (I don't keep a spreadsheet so I don't know the exact date) when there were three releases in a row on a Friday. And there was the day that Derrick released a region on a US holiday even though Patch also said there wouldn't be releases on holidays. ...

That was a surplus and appreciated for this Monday was a holiday only in USA and other people around the world would likely not know about it and keep refreshing and hoping all Monday 6 am to 4 pm.

The triple release on 16th August might not have been the same instant but sort of BAM - BAM - BAM ... people were exclaiming "I got a house in Jefferson" - "I got a house in Aurelia" all mixed up ... the first mention of something being restarted was at 11:38 am SLT and the last mention of it having been THREE regions was at 11:58 am SLT

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

Just posted in that other thread about a parcel I'm letting go around 2 today.  I think I'll return to this thread to post abandons from now on; the other one was started as a record of Chloe's alt's last month of premium existence  :).  That alt's gone now, and it's confusing to me to have two of these threads to check!

I'm retiring from watching for releases, probably until a new theme comes (January?).  But will still dip into the abandon pool now and again; Nika's got a year, and I'm not courageous enough to try release-and-catch with an alt who has a nice property.  Maybe try it on Christmas Eve!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Something that shouldn't be forgotten is this wasn't intended as a game with gaming rules and a winning state. Rigid game rules wouldn't benefit most people, so I don't see that happening. What benefits most people is to get the houses out as quickly as possible without reducing quality. Now they seem to be getting a bit ahead, it's to be expected that different schedules might happen to get the houses out there (which in turn might give different people a chance at houses as times and quantity vary).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Once I was at it checking double releases I checked them all ... there have been the following:

Ancoraggio and Cape Lively Friday 12th of July 11:20 am SLT

Evard and Guppy Wednesday 24th of July 10:25 am SLT

Seal Point and Widow Point Friday 9th of August 9:03 am SLT

Limevale and Walrus Beach Monday 26th of August 9:53 am SLT

Between none of those has been a break that I could distinguish

AND there has been this Friday 18th of October

Well Springs at 9:30 am SLT and Rocky Heights at 11:05 am SLT - a break of 90 Minutes!!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

AND there has been this Friday 18th of October

Well Springs at 9:30 am SLT and Rocky Heights at 11:05 am SLT - a break of 90 Minutes!!

Well, there's so much we just don't know about LL's release windows.  Did Patch intend to release both sequentially, and got a phone call he had to take after doing Well Springs?

And, why did he do the releases at all?  Both Whitney and Derrick were inworld somewhere at the time.  He seemed to have fun doing it, maybe that was why!

These are things we not only can't know, but really there's no reason why we should know that much about their lives. 

ETA: Yeah, I was bummed too because by the time Rocky Heights was released, I was elbow-deep in RL.  But, you know, I did snag one earlier during the Well Springs release that I discovered, after I eventually had time to really look it over, is almost as terrific as the two Rocky Heights properties I liked best. Score!

I am now happy that my partner pushed me to move on from Cadhaire.  There are so many good places in Belli that you can snag one you love without even realizing it happened.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I believe one was beach, but would have to double check their claim dates.

Oh my gods. I was walking there on the beach in Rocky Heights, and found one beach house, direct on the beach, that was claimed two hours ago. 😩

This is why I run autorefresh. It could have been mine. Maybe it was abandoned because the owner(s) wanted a garage so they could drive a car out? Really the only reason I can see for giving up that!

Sorry for my obsession, lol. I am not so creepy all the time, sneaking around and looking at dates. This is the first time I did it, I swear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.