When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think it is a strong hint if the parcel names change from Protected Land to Unnamed Parcel.

Has anyone seen it in other regions? Some pages back, I posted that the boats in Pegleg Channel was "Unnamed Parcel". And it was released the same day.

JUst looked both are sitting next to a house ON a parcel ... hoovering red text says ... xyz Protected Land

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Lol I'm on shift this morning, can't login and very little browser time.  So no hope for me, I think.  Marianne, if you bag ANOTHER excellent south pickle property (what are you doing down there, trying to create a voting bloc?), please consider releasing one of them later in the day!

Belive me, you'll get a try of the one on sand in Goodbury. I keep it unfurnished, not sure what i will do. Keep or go? I am not doing anything before I see what happens the next days, I have one fresh alt ready. If she get something, I drop the Goodbury. I doubt I will do so today. It is an insurance.

• Like 3

Just now, Marianne Little said:

Belive me, you'll get a try of the one on sand in Goodbury. I keep it unfurnished, not sure what i will do. Keep or go? I am not doing anything before I see what happens the next days, I have one fresh alt ready. If she get something, I drop the Goodbury. I doubt I will do so today. It is an insurance.

I was walking around Goodbury the day before the release. Love the landscaping the Moles did on those homes. The one with the shells on the walkway? Perfection. Yours is great too. I actually had 2 houses pass me by in that release, just wasn't fast quite quick enough on the F5. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I was walking around Goodbury the day before the release. Love the landscaping the Moles did on those homes. The one with the shells on the walkway? Perfection. Yours is great too. I actually had 2 houses pass me by in that release, just wasn't fast quite quick enough on the F5. 

The decor is really cool. They have decor boats, with or without flowers in, and 2 surfboards leaning against (my) fence.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Lol I'm on shift this morning, can't login and very little browser time.  So no hope for me, I think.  Marianne, if you bag ANOTHER excellent south pickle property (what are you doing down there, trying to create a voting bloc?), please consider releasing one of them later in the day!

Maybe I should run for Mayor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

HOW DOES SHE DO IT????

You have people that have all the time in the world to sit and watch releases/abandons they most likely don't work or go to school or on a time that does not affect either of the two things when these releases happen.

Just now, tootsiepop1 said:

You have people that have all the time in the world to sit and watch releases/abandons they most likely don't work or go to school or on a time that does not affect either of the two things when these releases happen.

I'm sure you don't mean it to sound the way it came out, but that has a tone to it of assuming that these people have nothing better to do. 

I work full time and my weekends are sucked up with household and family related chores  and stuff most of the time. I've gotten more than a few homes over the past months. It isn't that I have all the time in the world at all. Far from it. I'm just lucky that I have a job that allows me to use the internet without getting in trouble for it. 

I just think some people are extremely good at hitting the refresh button and/or have great luck.  There's been times where I wasn't sitting around even waiting and just by luck happened to log on at the exact moment a region was released and hit the jackpot, so to speak.

As for my comment which you quoted, I've known Marianne for quite a while and was joking about her being able to get so many nice lots. I'm pretty sure all of us that have known each other for a while (Nika, to whom I responded being one) knew that too and most especially, so did Marianne. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Now the time in my country is 18.35 PM and SL time 09.35 AM, and my Midnight (when I go to bed) is SL time 14.00 PM. It is a good time for me to watch out. I would be home anyway in Linden office hours.

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Actually I do not think that Well Springs or Rocky Heights will be released today.

There are enough other regions that should go BEFORE them ... at least if they would stick to their usuall patern.

top to bottom - left to right ... they might stick to that ... or they might not. ;)

And this is the big issue I have they skip over other regions that should have been released first and go for the highly sort after regions to release, so you are forced "if you can" sit and play the refresh game because you are never too positive what is going to be released

This causes the inevitable abandon homes game because people want to try and get that prized spot in another region so it is either flip or flop.

As many of the same people I watch get a home in almost every single release and then picking up a large amount of abandons, I am very surprised at this point that they have not come across at least one satisfying home or is it just the abandon game they are out to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

To be fair, you have caught more homes than many of the rest of us have, so you know it's luck as much as anything else. 

• Like 2

I've had many satisfying homes and now I have one more and probably keeping it. It's great. And I am still catching and releasing on a two days left alt because I enjoy it. To be part of something also as someone who is at home yes, does work some contracts from home yes. Do I just log in and get lucky? No I stalk and make assumptions as to what and when releases will be. Am I usually right? Yes. DO I get the parcel I want? Usually, yes. Do I spend an unholy amount of time on it? YES. Some of us might be housebound, or have mobility issues or emotional issues or social that keep us at home and this Bellisseria thing does offer some fun and excitement for a lot of us. I am in the UK so it does give me an advantage timezone wise. I am retiring at the end of the week (most likely) :) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tootsiepop1 said:

And this is the big issue I have they skip over other regions that should have been released first and go for the highly sort after regions to release, so you are forced "if you can" sit and play the refresh game because you are never too positive what is going to be released

I think Patch, at least, is just as happy if residents aren't certain about the timing of a given region's release.  He may view that as one way to make it more likely that new releases will go to new residents instead of alts, lol.   I wasn't willing to make any guesses about release order this week, because so many regions appear ready, and it was so easy to guess last week.   It was time for a little unpredictability!  So I wasn't terribly surprised at Goodbury's release, because it had been READY for release for quite a while.  With so few homes and so much water, perhaps it was ready unexpectedly early and LL got tired of seeing it in the queue?  We really have no way of knowing what criteria they use to decide which region to release next, but I doubt the "popularity" of the region has a lot to do with it.

It's important to realize that once you get a pretty good Belli home, if you continue fishing for one you are actually playing an SL game.  So it's best if you can find a way to keep it fun for yourself.  If it really begins to bug you, maybe time to buy a new SL toy and learn how to use it.  Or go see something new - Burn2 is in full swing now!  Put on your most bizarre skimpy outfit and go drag some logs at a lamplighter ceremony!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I've had many satisfying homes and now I have one more and probably keeping it. It's great. And I am still catching and releasing on a two days left alt because I enjoy it. To be part of something also as someone who is at home yes, does work some contracts from home yes. Do I just log in and get lucky? No I stalk and make assumptions as to what and when releases will be. Am I usually right? Yes. DO I get the parcel I want? Usually, yes. Do I spend an unholy amount of time on it? YES. Some of us might be housebound, or have mobility issues or emotional issues or social that keep us at home and this Bellisseria thing does offer some fun and excitement for a lot of us. I am in the UK so it does give me an advantage timezone wise. I am retiring at the end of the week (most likely) :) 

Agreed but i seriously doubt some of physically disabled in SL (and there are many) have much of a chance at this refresh game

3 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

This causes the inevitable abandon homes game because people want to try and get that prized spot in another region so it is either flip or flop.

As many of the same people I watch get a home in almost every single release and then picking up a large amount of abandons, I am very surprised at this point that they have not come across at least one satisfying home or is it just the abandon game they are out to play.

This issue is something that is rather unnecessary I believe. If they released in a certain sequence I for instance would not bother to refesh at all or watch the regions and the forum closely as long as my two favourites are not released. Would save me lots of time and also the homes- page would get less stressed if not ALL the people would have to refesh ALL the time but only the ones interested in the current release candidate region.

As to your assumption that I  have come across at least one satisfying home I can admit that I have a very satisying home in Axim and annother in Blackwater and cannot figure out yet which I like better. Should I be able to catch one in Rocky Heights or  Well Springs that might top them both and be the dreamhome I will eventually keep for good. If I never get another home that satisfies me I will not be heartbroken but I keep trying for something better as long as something better is imaginable.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.