Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That is the part I did not quite understand:

How do I see the restart on the minimap? I thought I had to be IN the region that interests me and will be thrown out  and/or warned if it restarts.

And I thought it would be good to quickly logg out then to save bandwidth before I start refreshing.

 

On my minimap (I use Firestorm, no idea if it's different on other viewers), a region that's restarting turns pale red.  It's unmistakable.  So, if I think there might be a few regions that could possibly be released, and I can go inworld (which is kinda rare for me), I go to a region which is NOT being released and watch just the minimap and Belli chat.  To watch the minimap over such a large distance without killing my sometimes-not-great PC, I:

> Login the avatar who is refreshing, sit down in a non-release-candidate region & look at the ground only.

> Set "Show Friends only".  Note that this cuts down on avatar-related lag much more effectively than just lowering complexity.

> Set LOD to 0.5 (why not? I'm not looking at the world)

> Set draw distance high enough to include all regions that might be released (could be over 400m)

> Watch just the minimap, oriented so that I know which region is which, and Belli chat. Note that blue avatars will also show up pretty well on the minimap.

This way,  my avatar doesn't risk having to relog when I get tossed from the restarting region, and doesn't get lagged while connecting to the new region.  In the worst scenario, when I get tossed I may end up having to relog, which involves a lot of CPU and disk activity, and slows down the browser that I want to start refreshing on. So this way I'm still logged in when I get something.  If I don't want it, I can just zip over & abandon quickly.  Occasionally I can do that fast enough to catch another home from the release.

So as soon as I see that a region I'm interested in is restarting, I drop the draw distance way low (FS's quick prefs are nice for that) and minimize, which drops SL's bandwidth usage quite a bit.  Then I maximize the browser(s) I'm using, wait for a little bit, and begin refreshing.  I don't look at SL again until after I capture one, which can be after the half-hour post-release to catch abandons, if I didn't get one in the release.

 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leora Jacobus : I don't know much about Singularity, must have been decades since I used it, lol. But try the normal map instead of the mini Map.
I use the normal map with firestorm and it works great. 

Gnihi ... @Nika Talaj it really sounds like science what you describe above. I mean I get it but when something basically easy sounds complicated we have a saying here: Sounds like science. :)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

@Leora Jacobus : I don't know much about Singularity, must have been decades since I used it, lol. But try the normal map instead of the mini Map.
I use the normal map with firestorm and it works great. 

And what do I see on the normal map if a region restarts?

At the moment I stand at my favourite region hoping that before it restarts they give me a warning and then I logg out (or they do not and I AM LOGGED out) ... then I start refreshing in a browser window I have allready prepared .. If other regions restart I might not notice ... but would not care either! *lol*

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And what do I see on the normal map if a region restarts?

At the moment I stand at my favourite region hoping that before it restarts they give me a warning and then I logg out (or they do not and I AM LOGGED out) ... then I start refreshing in a browser window I have allready prepared .. If other regions restart I might not notice ... but would not care either! *lol*

 

Well, you could try it on a maintenance day to find out if Singularity does it like Firestorm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

any idea of what there might be released  ?

If they keep the order they had with the last releases, it would be Port Laurie. But it is LL, I mean.....we'll never know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sighs. How come I did not see a single boat and at my map Lollipop is still restarting? That doesn't sound logical, or maybe they are releasing two boat regions today?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

where do you see them, lol, I did not see a single boat during the last ten minutes. But Lollipop is restarting.

 

 

1 minute ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

*sighs. How come I did not see a single boat and at my map Lollipop is still restarting? That doesn't sound logical, or maybe they are releasing two boat regions today?

 

That's really odd, it's been constant boats for me for about 10 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZsaZsaZahira said:

 

That's really odd, it's been constant boats for me for about 10 minutes

hmmm....... maybe the ping difference between US and Europe?

Sometimes I really don't understand the internet and data highways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

hmmm....... maybe the ping difference between US and Europe?

Sometimes I really don't understand the internet and data highways.

I'm in the UK, where are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...