Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Well my male alt tried for the Deer Pass and didn't get Rae's but evidently someone's..or a new one, not sure. It's on the canal.

Maybe I'll hold onto it for a couple of days. Was this today's release? I didn't really notice if one happened or not.

Yes, was today's release. Providing they only have one release, who knows. The LDPW works in mysterious ways...¬†ūüėá

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RaeLeeH said:

Yes, was today's release. Providing they only have one release, who knows. The LDPW works in mysterious ways...¬†ūüėá

I'm debating about keeping it. It's not a bad spot at all but at this point I have 3 properties that I'm really happy with and this one isn't quite meeting that mark for me. I love where my house is -  on a wooded cul de sac  an even though it's quite inland on the continent the privacy factor really appeals to me enormously - the Moles did a great job with the landscaping around it, even the way the walkway curves towards it and the small canal it overlooks is pretty perfect.

Then, I have a houseboat secured early in one of the first releases on open water, with good views so that I won't give up. And the camper/trailer lot I just got overlooks a lake with a waterfall and also has a good amount of privacy so that is a keeper.

The male alt is my last one that was premium so he's the one I'm ditching houses with now. I keep hoping - as others are too I see - of getting a beach house. That's the goal. Or across the street overlooking the open water would be fine too. Just want unobstructed front seat views that isn't a houseboat. 

So yea, probably will throw this one back now that I talked myself around it LOL

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I'm debating about keeping it. It's not a bad spot at all but at this point I have 3 properties that I'm really happy with and this one isn't quite meeting that mark for me. I love where my house is -  on a wooded cul de sac  an even though it's quite inland on the continent the privacy factor really appeals to me enormously - the Moles did a great job with the landscaping around it, even the way the walkway curves towards it and the small canal it overlooks is pretty perfect.

Then, I have a houseboat secured early in one of the first releases on open water, with good views so that I won't give up. And the camper/trailer lot I just got overlooks a lake with a waterfall and also has a good amount of privacy so that is a keeper.

The male alt is my last one that was premium so he's the one I'm ditching houses with now. I keep hoping - as others are too I see - of getting a beach house. That's the goal. Or across the street overlooking the open water would be fine too. Just want unobstructed front seat views that isn't a houseboat. 

So yea, probably will throw this one back now that I talked myself around it LOL

I was going to take a picture of that house too, thought I posted too many pics on Deer Pass. That seems a really private corner! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shield Markus said:

I was going to take a picture of that house too, thought I posted too many pics on Deer Pass. That seems a really private corner! 

It was lol. I let it go :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I'm debating about keeping it. It's not a bad spot at all but at this point I have 3 properties that I'm really happy with and this one isn't quite meeting that mark for me....  I keep hoping - as others are too I see - of getting a beach house. That's the goal. Or across the street overlooking the open water would be fine too. Just want unobstructed front seat views that isn't a houseboat.

Just the same applies to me. That's why I don't mind having missed out Deer Pass. - I am hoping for Badger Beach that's due on Monday ... or some other coastal region more to the south lateron.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just the same applies to me. That's why I don't mind having missed out Deer Pass. - I am hoping for Badger Beach that's due on Monday ... or some other coastal region more to the south lateron.

 

Ditto

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody that could help me: I use autorefresh and sometimes it does find Bellessaria but... too late when I hear the tune and I go the page its already back on Meadowbrook... Is it indexing too slow?

Sorry found it... I need to switch style then... strange :)

Edited by minorfailure
found solution
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I would never risk to give up a perfect location with an alt and try to catch it with my main.

Though if you do NOT want it it might happen that you catch a house back that you just abandoned (has happened to me a couple of times - twice during the camper rush on Tuesday), but if you WANT it you never get a special person, a friend, to catch a house you abandon. However exact your timing ALLWAYS someone else got it. Have tested that a lot of times as abandoner or as catcher and it NEVER worked out!

This is how life seems to work, lol might me best I just upgrade that account to yearly premium and wait for my main account's premium membership to run out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, minorfailure said:

Anybody that could help me: I use autorefresh and sometimes it does find Bellessaria but... too late when I hear the tune and I go the page its already back on Meadowbrook... Is it indexing too slow?

Sorry found it... I need to switch style then... strange :)

in my experience the alarm doesn't sound until the end of the timer. So if you set it for 72 seconds for example at the end of the 72 seconds the alarm will sound. The house or boat or trailer will be taken by then by somebody else. The auto refresh is still helpful though as you can find the exact amount of seconds you can refresh at without hitting the limit of 10 refreshes for 10 minutes. The down side to it is that you have to constantly check it as it refreshes to see if it has found a home. If you don't catch the home near the start of timer it is usually gone once you hear the alarm..... hope that all makes sense...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AveryWitt said:

in my experience the alarm doesn't sound until the end of the timer. So if you set it for 72 seconds for example at the end of the 72 seconds the alarm will sound. The house or boat or trailer will be taken by then by somebody else. The auto refresh is still helpful though as you can find the exact amount of seconds you can refresh at without hitting the limit of 10 refreshes for 10 minutes. The down side to it is that you have to constantly check it as it refreshes to see if it has found a home. If you don't catch the home near the start of timer it is usually gone once you hear the alarm..... hope that all makes sense...

It does! Thanks. *Takes notes: throw away that piece of crap app* :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minorfailure said:

It does! Thanks. *Takes notes: throw away that piece of crap app* :)

lol.... mostly yes but I still use the timer.... just cause I don't have to watch the clock to refresh. usually I have the screen split so the homes page can be seen while I'm going other things and I click the drop down menu (the meadowbrook house type) to check for bellisseria as soon as it refreshes....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, minorfailure said:

Anybody that could help me: I use autorefresh and sometimes it does find Bellessaria but... too late when I hear the tune and I go the page its already back on Meadowbrook... Is it indexing too slow?

Sorry found it... I need to switch style then... strange :)

I guess Bellisseria hides in the pulldown menue. Autorefesh finds it there but you don't see it at first glance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

I tried to give warning, NIka, sorry.

Aww thankies Rae, but no-one need feel bad for me at this point.  We're very happy with our homes and houseboats!   Even so, I'm really looking forward to seeing this house in Garden Whatever.  I've never been to that region, & maybe I'll explore a little while I'm there.

Even though we're pretty happy with our homes, I can't stop hopping, and I figured out why. 

In RL, I really love looking at real estate.   I'm the person who begs to go along with you when you're going to spend a whole day looking at apartments and probably not finding one.  I'm the person who goes to see a wonderful cottage at the base of a little hill with you, goes down into the basement, and comes up to whisper to you that there's a sump pump in a hole in the cellar floor O.o!  I'm the person who drives you out of town to the far burbs so you can look at a house, goes back a different way just to explore, and finds that there's a VERY cool 1700's barn in the neighborhood being used as a maker space.  I've done all those things.

In RL, nowadays I'm kinda trapped most days, not much free time,  and few friends who're in a life stage where you look at properties. 

So Belli is a great place to painlessly browse interesting properties, AND you get to post pics for friends who are similarly looking around.  Totally hooked!

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting ready to release my house in Sweetmarsh.

I am wanting to move on - to a Houseboat, hopefully, but if a Camper comes my way.......I will take either.

This house is a great location - to me.....water on both sides, view of 2 bridges & if you put your draw distance way up, you can see houseboats just past the bridge & even a Lighthouse off to the left.....

I hate to leave here, but I don't have an alt who is Premium....just me paying.....so if I want to experience the Houseboat or Camper lifestyle, I have to abandon.....

I will be doing that at exactly 1:40 pm SL time....just about 6 min from now.

Good luck to whoever gets this spot.

2 Pics below.

7.19 - new house in Sweetmarsh_001.jpg

7.19 - Bellisseria cat came to welcome me to neighborhood.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

Getting ready to release my house in Sweetmarsh.

I am wanting to move on - to a Houseboat, hopefully, but if a Camper comes my way.......I will take either.

This house is a great location - to me.....water on both sides, view of 2 bridges & if you put your draw distance way up, you can see houseboats just past the bridge & even a Lighthouse off to the left.....

I hate to leave here, but I don't have an alt who is Premium....just me paying.....so if I want to experience the Houseboat or Camper lifestyle, I have to abandon.....

I will be doing that at exactly 1:40 pm SL time....just about 6 min from now.

Good luck to whoever gets this spot.

2 Pics below.

7.19 - new house in Sweetmarsh_001.jpg

7.19 - Bellisseria cat came to welcome me to neighborhood.jpg

Someone already got it...in just a few seconds - congratulations to Ruby.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RacyAcey said:

Someone already got it...in just a few seconds - congratulations to Ruby.

I tried to refresh for it and got on in residentia instead which i turned around and let go of

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

in my experience the alarm doesn't sound until the end of the timer. So if you set it for 72 seconds for example at the end of the 72 seconds the alarm will sound. The house or boat or trailer will be taken by then by somebody else. The auto refresh is still helpful though as you can find the exact amount of seconds you can refresh at without hitting the limit of 10 refreshes for 10 minutes. The down side to it is that you have to constantly check it as it refreshes to see if it has found a home. If you don't catch the home near the start of timer it is usually gone once you hear the alarm..... hope that all makes sense...

I can honestly say that for me at least that isn't the case but it may be due to using different plug-ins or settings perhaps. In Google's Auto Refresh Plus there's no option I can see to delay sound only the frequency and duration. There may be a setting there somewhere that I've overlooked?

To that end it seems that for whatever reason experiences differ when using e plug-ins. For example when my page refreshes, manually or automatically, the alarm sounds straight away. There is no delay from that end; the delay is me trying to click and check buttons and boxes in order to claim. If I don't have the name pre-loaded then Bellisseria shows at the top of the style drop-down menu, and if I do have the name pre-loaded then I usually (but not always?) have to select Bellisseria from the drop down menu. I think @LittleMe Jewell explained the reason for that a page or so back I've just been too lazy to correct it. There's also been the nice surprise on occasion that the while I'm afk the auto refresh plug-in will find a home, meaning I don't even hear the alarm at all. When I come back to the computer I click the next button and check ToS box and the house is there waiting for me; it doesn't happen every time but perhaps 2 out of 5 houses spotted when I'm afk, maybe even 1 out of 5. So it's not an everyday occurrence but the point is it doesn't seem to matter if i hear the alarm or react straight away some times as I can still claim a house. It's worth noting that I usually catch more abandons than newly released homes, and I've never ever caught a new house using auto refresh while I was afk. I really have no idea how this works at all. But since I can only refer to my personal experience with it for me there is no delay on hearing the alarm sound; it happens as soon as the page loads and Bellisseria is in the style drop-down menu.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I can honestly say that for me at least that isn't the case but it may be due to using different plug-ins or settings perhaps. In Google's Auto Refresh Plus there's no option I can see to delay sound only the frequency and duration. There may be a setting there somewhere that I've overlooked?

To that end it seems that for whatever reason experiences differ when using e plug-ins. For example when my page refreshes, manually or automatically, the alarm sounds straight away. There is no delay from that end; the delay is me trying to click and check buttons and boxes in order to claim. If I don't have the name pre-loaded then Bellisseria shows at the top of the style drop-down menu, and if I do have the name pre-loaded then I usually (but not always?) have to select Bellisseria from the drop down menu. I think @LittleMe Jewell explained the reason for that a page or so back I've just been too lazy to correct it. There's also been the nice surprise on occasion that the while I'm afk the auto refresh plug-in will find a home, meaning I don't even hear the alarm at all. When I come back to the computer I click the next button and check ToS box and the house is there waiting for me; it doesn't happen every time but perhaps 2 out of 5 houses spotted when I'm afk, maybe even 1 out of 5. So it's not an everyday occurrence but the point is it doesn't seem to matter if i hear the alarm or react straight away some times as I can still claim a house. It's worth noting that I usually catch more abandons than newly released homes, and I've never ever caught a new house using auto refresh while I was afk. I really have no idea how this works at all. But since I can only refer to my personal experience with it for me there is no delay on hearing the alarm sound; it happens as soon as the page loads and Bellisseria is in the style drop-down menu.

I've looked for a setting as well to try and see when the alarm goes off but haven't found anything. I'm also use auto refresh plus add on for google. Maybe there are more then one of them with the same name. The one I use looks like the photo below.

auto refresh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AveryWitt, these are my settings:

AR2.png.0830efc412d2e49f68fd2b8fa1166c80.png

AR1.thumb.png.ae026e3b55818ab49c909444742a7d18.png

And on topic: I've been refreshing for about 4 hours (have ARP running in the background while I build) and I've only seen one Traditional and one Camper in all that time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RaeLeeH said:

@AveryWitt, these are my settings:

AR2.png.0830efc412d2e49f68fd2b8fa1166c80.png

AR1.thumb.png.ae026e3b55818ab49c909444742a7d18.png

And on topic: I've been refreshing for about 4 hours (have ARP running in the background while I build) and I've only seen one Traditional and one Camper in all that time.

so same add on.... strange they work different. We do have some slight differences in the settings. I had random enabled but wasn't using it. We use different alarm sounds and you have the predefined website enabled. Don't see how any of those would make any difference but I will mirror your settings just to see if there is some difference..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...