When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came here complaining about the Land Page failures a day before getting an abandoned home. I saw a few regions get filled without me. I abandoned that Gallaudet home in a week. Then failed on the Land Page until Passwall.

It was Racoon Run region I began think about why my attempts were failing so much.  I walked about the regions saw the red letters and red boxes in the sky. I tried to understand  when they were ready to release. Racoon Run and Smokey regions released to my surprise with red boxes above. It was Bandit region I was going to make real attempt to get one the homes there! I failed again.  I finally understood some things and placed myself using phone at work on the land page trying to win a home.  I hung around in Sweetmarsh and Passwall regions feeling it was the right time for me to get a Home again. I felt good there and lucky or made myself available at the right time to get the Passwall home.  

My speculations are using what Patch Team and Moles have already done. They can do even more and proves that every time. This pickle is filled in Homes and Houseboats overnight. 3 regions now look ready.  I don't know which one of the three could be released tomorrow.   I like to find something good in the regions now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

And on top of it all .... HERE people announce when and what they are abandoning.

I am planning to abandon a houseboat today:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uahuah/168/184/27

Quite nice location : When I got on that on Tuesday during the camper release my malealt abandoned his on the Squishy Pickle for it ... but then another alt got a still better one in Floaton which is near a lighthouse so now I will abandon Uahhua for it. But I think I should wait till todays release (if any) is done with.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec387a956679971452525d9c959ef7a6.jpeg

The light Windlass in the middle is mine.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I caught a boat around 5 minutes ago and  kicked it straight back into the Pool it was at Arrgh (or some such name) Squishy Pickle.

Was that your's?

PS: Seems to have been yours! Fool me didn't read the URL above.

Yes, that was the one. (Best region name ever...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Here was my technique: Select a Meadowbrook home, put a NAME for your parcel, select the NEXT button. Now, click the "Back" button on your browser to reload the house-selection page. It *should* remember the Parcel name you put. Now, if a home/camper/houseboat appears, click the NEXT button fast as you can, click the CHECKMARK to agree to the rules, click NEXT.

The slowdown for me is that half the time, Bellisseria is in the drop-down, but not actually showing.  So I have the extra step of clicking the drop-down and selecting Bellisseria.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The slowdown for me is that half the time, Bellisseria is in the drop-down, but not actually showing.  So I have the extra step of clicking the drop-down and selecting Bellisseria.  

I have the same issue. If I pre-load the name (fill in name > Next > back to Dashboard > refresh) then a good percentage of the time I'll get the alarm with Auto Refresh or not see it at all if I manually refresh but have to select Bellisseria from the drop down menu. If I don't pre-load the name then Bellisseria usually shows up first without having to select it. Since I already have a selection of names I've used I select those when I click in the name box but either way there's still a slight delay before selecting the Next button. Can't speak for others' experiences.

And I just logged in this morning to find out one of my friends just caught a camper on the water's edge! I'm kind of envious but I also love my house. #SLProblems 🤣

EDIT:

Straight after posting that my alt sees this:

Untitled.thumb.png.69db390cfdf81ea63767593ca0c5486a.png

AND a Traditional straight after that (but I didn't stop to catch a screenshot for the house). Stopping to take pics explains why I missed them both but this serves more as visual confirmation than anything else.

EDIT EDIT:

Untitled2.thumb.png.ae05eb959aaaf2be857b69b3ea694683.png

TL:DR; After one round of manual refreshing I saw one trailer and two houses. This is within the space of a few minutes (manually refreshing, not using Auto Refresh, not in world, nothing spectacular, just hitting refresh) just now 9:45 a.m. AEST (no idea what time that is SLT).

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

Just spotted another TWO Traditionals just now but didn't catch them either. So there goes my theory of not seeing many houses. Also shows that abandons seem to happen more frequently at this hour compared to my previous house-spotted post (unless this is a one-off occurrence). Also I didn't post three separate posts but re-edited my original post so as to not run up my post count. And now I'm logging out for a while to return to fixing up my RL house. Good luck home hunters! :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
Adding pic spammage! And to edit my edit!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I have the same issue. If I pre-load the name (fill in name > Next > back to Dashboard > refresh) then a good percentage of the time I'll get the alarm with Auto Refresh or not see it at all if I manually refresh but have to select Bellisseria from the drop down menu. If I don't pre-load the name then Bellisseria usually shows up first without having to select it. 

Way back when, it seemed that while the 'name fill in' was being cached so that it was kept, it was also being associated with the Meadowbrook style that was on the page at the time that I did that name fill in - thus always showing me a Meadowbrook first.  That might be what is going on, though I'm not sure why others don't have the same issue.  Maybe related to the browser used and possibly even browser options.

ETA - That does seem to be what is going on.  I selected the oriental style that is last in the drop down and did the Next and then Back again.  The I logged out and closed the page.  Logged back in and went back to get a home and now the oriental styles are showing first, even though they are at the bottom of the drop down list.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Deer Pass/105/224/38

I was mistaken, that's often, this Home in Deer Pass does have a canal view from the property. Just steps away from the comfortable benches and that dock below on the canal. 

Deer Pass region has good views from the Homes. 

The tree is not on the property but it's shade is.

Snapshot 2_001.png

Snapshot 2_002.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.