When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, AlyciaStarsider said:

Traditional spotted just now 

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Traditional spotted just now. 

I just thought I'd mention that when you spot it, you're already too late and the time it takes you to create a post that says "spotted" it is WAY too late, so kind of a moot exercise in posting, unless you're intending to get your post count up. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I just thought I'd mention that when you spot it, you're already too late and the time it takes you to create a post that sats "spotted" it is WAY too late, so kind of a moot exercise in posting, unless you're intending to get your post count up. LOL

That may be the case but the title of the original thread topic is when did you last see a bellessarian home available.  Lets all have fun with it. 😹

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I just thought I'd mention that when you spot it, you're already too late and the time it takes you to create a post that sats "spotted" it is WAY too late, so kind of a moot exercise in posting, unless you're intending to get your post count up. LOL

Nope. I post because the name of the thread is: "when did you last see a Bellsserian Home available?" I see a home and I post it. While the home in question might already be gone, there's a chance that it could also be abandoned by whomever caught it, so it might essentially serve as a heads-up to those still looking. On top of that posting when I see homes reminds others who are still looking for homes or haven't seen one available for a while and are questioning whether there are still homes out there, so I think it serves its purpose.

I find it strange that hijacking or derailing threads seems to be more acceptable and a more favoured means of running one's post count up, but little is said to that end unless it offends someone's sensibilities. So as much as others may not agree I'll be the odd one out I suppose actually trying to stay on topic. Those who don't like can skip past or of course mute me and I won't mind either way. Freedom of speech extends both ways after all. *shrugs*

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FredrickF said:

That may be the case but the title of the original thread topic is when did you last see a bellessarian home available.  Lets all have fun with it. 😹

3 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Nope. I post because the name of the thread is: "when did you last see a Bellsserian Home available?" I see a home and I post it. While the home in question might already be gone, there's a chance that it could also be abandoned by whomever caught it, so it might essentially serve as a heads-up to those still looking. On top of that posting when I see homes reminds others who are still looking for homes or haven't seen one available for a while and are questioning whether there are still homes out there, so I think it serves its purpose.

I find it strange that hijacking or derailing threads seems to be more acceptable and a more favoured means of running one's post count up, but little is said to that end unless it offends someone's sensibilities. So as much as others may not agree I'll be the odd one out I suppose actually trying to stay on topic. Those who don't like can skip past or of course mute me and I won't mind either way. Freedom of speech extends both ways after all. *shrugs*

Good points. I supposed in the beginning they are more consolidated lists, "I saw five in two hours" or "Three between 7AM and 2PM SL time) - rather than the one-shots. LOL My perspective was to get an idea of the average frequency of sightings, not a play-by-play. I'm not complaining or anything, mind you. Just thinking aloud. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Good points. I supposed in the beginning they are more consolidated lists, "I saw five in two hours" or "Three between 7AM and 2PM SL time) - rather than the one-shots. LOL My perspective was to get an idea of the average frequency of sightings, not a play-by-play. I'm not complaining or anything, mind you. Just thinking aloud. :P

You're right. Originally I was posting such times but then others commented that doing so was boring (or made the thread boring or something to that effect) so admittedly I got lazy and started doing what I saw others do. When in Rome as they say. My logic was that people would see when I posted and correlate the times but that's taking the easy route. I literally got lazy.

Typing this just saw camper: 12:43 am AEST / 7:43 am SLT. 

But you're right. I'll lift my game again and try to post more than just the bare minimum. Hopefully it helps someone somehow. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Atina0 said:

is it me or are houses more difficult to get now   ?

I guess it stands to reason. Whoever was inclined to abandon one did so BEFORE the camper release ... or while it was beginning.

I do not want abandoneds any more I go for Badger Beach and the Seashore regions below it.

It is not the next one to be released when they work like they used to do but there have been exceptions. So I refresh just to be on the safe side in case thy release Badger Beach today.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I guess it stands to reason. Whoever was inclined to abandon one did so BEFORE the camper release ... or while it was beginning.

I do not want abandoneds any more I go for Badger Beach and the Seashore regions below it.

It is not the next one to be released when they work like they used to do but there have been exceptions. So I refresh just to be on the safe side in case thy release Badger Beach today.

well im off for now ,gonna try later   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

So I refresh just to be on the safe side in case thy release Badger Beach today.

Yes, this is always the best way to go about and always play it safe. Just before the Campsites release I could see it coming (Belliserria was appearing with zero selections, so I knew they were updating the web site to add the campers) - though I still wasn't sure the release was imminent. End of my workday, so I leave the office, get into my car, start it up getting ready for hour-long commute. Decided to check on my phone. BOOM! Campers released (and was never able to claim an LL Home on my phone) - so ran back into the office and claimed one on the spot!

The main point being: if you really want a 2019 LL Home, you have to be vigilant in trying to get it. Don't lose hope (I got both my House and Houseboat from previous abandonments) - you just have to keep at it.

Here was my technique: Select a Meadowbrook home, put a NAME for your parcel, select the NEXT button. Now, click the "Back" button on your browser to reload the house-selection page. It *should* remember the Parcel name you put. Now, if a home/camper/houseboat appears, click the NEXT button fast as you can, click the CHECKMARK to agree to the rules, click NEXT.

This may still not be enough because it is a timing thing (when using an auto-refresh system set to refresh every 70 seconds - it may already be too late by the time your browser catches it) - just keep going at it. And remember that they are releasing new regions on a regular weekly basis.

• Like 4

Just got a camper at Quitmann 182, 244.  Will release that or the other one I have after 3:00 SLT (probably the Quitmann one) when I can get to a computer I can go inworld on.  If anyone here missed the original release, let me know here or in private msg here (not inworld IM) and maybe I can let it go at a time that's good for you.   We can but try :)

I have no problem with people posting after the fact that they saw abandons or, of course, releases.  When abandons are slow, it helps to have a feel for the frequency.  And releases ...  if you were hoping for a certain region, and missed it, well it helps to at least know that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm not complaining or anything, mind you. Just thinking aloud. :P

I am. In my (unpopular) opinion, the enormity and rampant speculation of this thread has pretty much killed the LH forum.

And who needs to know every single time someone sees a Bellisseria home on the land page? As Alyona pointed out, it’s gone by the time someone tries to grab it. 

We all know there is churn. This thread is just repetitious and unhelpful at this point.

Go ahead and throw rocks at my head now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw a camper 1:22 am / 8:22 am SLT.

And yes, gone.

42 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

is it me or are houses more difficult to get now   ?

I haven't seen as many houses, no,  but I guess that's subjective. What's irregular for me may be frequent for someone else. Definitely seen more campers and house boats in the last 24-48 hour period, the latter is to be expected of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Badger Beach has very nice landscaping for the houses on sand. They are very pleasant to look at. The only thing missing is a lighthouse, as in the Light of Aurelia region. I went back to look at Light of Aurelia, if it was as pretty as I remember. And yes. So good that no one put down 32 x 32 m green prims!

It is a lot of Moles 2-3 regions south of Badger Beach. I don't know what that means. A sign of release soon-ish?

The regions with houseboats south of Badger Beach has some very good boat locations. Not only long, narrow ones, but many landbound ones on square plots. The narrow, long sandbank with a lighthouse in SSPE240 will be a dream boat location.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I just thought I'd mention that when you spot it, you're already too late and the time it takes you to create a post that says "spotted" it is WAY too late, so kind of a moot exercise in posting, unless you're intending to get your post count up. LOL

Sometimes people post when they see multiple of them pop up because it could be a release happening and warning people to be prepared. Main topic of this post is what "When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?" so people are doing that.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

/me jumps in front of you to take the hit of any incoming projectiles. "Because we actually stand together on it. Though I say I'm 'thinking aloud', I'm still thinking it" :)

Same! I think that the announcements about big releases are helpful, because that is actual NEWS, but to have a post pop up (and bump the thread to the top) every.single.time a random house is spotted seems excessive.

*looks at how many pages this monstrous thread is* 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I am. In my (unpopular) opinion, the enormity and rampant speculation of this thread has pretty much killed the LH forum.

And who needs to know every single time someone sees a Bellisseria home on the land page? As Alyona pointed out, it’s gone by the time someone tries to grab it. 

We all know there is churn. This thread is just repetitious and unhelpful at this point.

Go ahead and throw rocks at my head now.

Ohmai.  So sophisticated, and yet, so innocent, Beth!

This is not an enormous, forum-killing thread.  THIS was one, 4176 pages long.  God knows why LL never locked it, probably because they weren't big into moderation at the time. 

Repetitious?  Well, yes, of course.  If I could delete 100 pages from the middle, I might.

Rampant speculation?  People are people, never gonna stop folks from having ideas, thank the Primal Cause.  I know it bothers you a lot, but I think there are enough forum watchers that readers are alerted to speculation quickly.  And thank you for doing that, incidentally.

Or perhaps LL never deleted that monster thread because people were having fun?  This thread is fun at times, and I believe it still helps people. 

These forums are pretty well moderated.  I'm sure that if this thread "ruins" the LH forum,  @Kristin Linden will take care of it.  Until then, why not just ... not look at it?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

This is my favourite thread. I allways look at it first. Why?

Well to know how many people are refreshing and what they found and who got it.

To know which regions have been renamed and look ready to go and if Patch appeared in the chat and what hints he dropped...

anf if he and/or Derrik appeared inworld and if a restart has happened ...

and if a release has happened and someone caught a house ... and I can stop refreshing for that day! ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.