When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If one has the very good luck to ever travel to Nova Scotia, and you walk out onto any long pier, the wind will probably be blowing, and you should take a deep lungful of air that has just crossed the Atlantic.  it is so clean, bracing, briny.

When I had my houseboat in Pygmy, part of the houseboat pod in Belli's Northwest, that is the feeling I had.  I kinda miss it, tho I love my current houseboat.  In the big houseboat pods, you get a completely marine living experience that is unlike nearly anything else in SL or RL.  Houseboats in RL are tethered to land, as many indeed are in Belli, not on piers off of barrier reefs, as in the pods.  In Pygmy, I found myself wondering if I could find some environmental sounds just for there ... not only seabirds, but the slap of a halyard on a mast, the funny gurgles under a low raft, the wood-to-wood creaking of a dock.  I don't crave that in my current houseboat, it's a more tethered, homey experience.

There are joys in nearly every place in Belli.  But if you live in a houseboat pod, you can be immersed in an entirely oceanic existence.  It is unique, and I hope those who live there savor it.

• Like 11

i logged in this morning ,ready to let go of my new houseboat i got last night in Picard's Warf   ,but damn its hard to let go even though i prefer a house and garden this location is so gorgeous ,so  much treasures to find under water and and plenty of space between  the boats and a great view ,i would be a fool to let it go ,so  sorry everyone looking for a houseboat ,i wish you all luck in finding your dream spot .

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sarah Grot said:

i logged in this morning ,ready to let go of my new houseboat i got last night in Picard's Warf   ,but damn its hard to let go even though i prefer a house and garden this location is so gorgeous ,so  much treasures to find under water and and plenty of space between  the boats and a great view ,i would be a fool to let it go ,so  sorry everyone looking for a houseboat ,i wish you all luck in finding your dream spot .

Awww! Have fun on your HB! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mauritsss said:

Open question: does the automatic refresh thing actually works? I have seen more houses/hb if I did it manually (once in a while) then I have with that tool on :p. Is it me? Am I being to impatient? 😛

It works so well, LL had to throttle how many times you could refresh in a given time period because it was “making their servers sad”.

8 hours ago, Marth Coberts said:

It's a Joke, you cold corndogs, I even said it was a joke, clarifying that the Tree situation was in fact real.

Mystic came and fixed it no problem.

Sure, you went back and edited after you got called out. We actually CAN read, you know. 🙄

ETA: Without proper punctuation, the original post appeared to say that the parcel itself is "obviously a joke". FYI.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mauritsss said:

Open question: does the automatic refresh thing actually works? I have seen more houses/hb if I did it manually (once in a while) then I have with that tool on :p. Is it me? Am I being to impatient? 😛

Auto refresh works for me - to a point.

On release days (or when releases are happening) Auto Refresh is too slow due to the time limit restrictions. That's when I manually refresh and it sometimes works. When it's not release days I use Auto Refresh in the background while I watch TV or do other things and on rare occasions it actually catches a home for me. When I return to the computer and click the Next button and check the terms box and I get a house; that's happened at least 4 times now. I used to scoff at people who said that was possible until I started seeing it. But to be honest compared to the amount of time I do use Auto Refresh it's a pretty rare occurrence. More often than not I get the 'sorry' page when using Auto Refresh. 

TL:DR; I manually refresh during releases and have caught two houses in one release that way. I don't use Auto Refresh during releases, but every other time, and I see a lot of houses but I don't catch a great deal. Some days are better than others.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

yeah.. I'm feeling over it :(

Yep just going to stick with what I have I am done with the entire setup. It is really annoying that they are releasing these at terrible times of the day, good for some time zones terrible for others.

They have not done one release that was feasible for EST people they have all been released during working hours. Either while you are driving to work, at work or going home from work who can really sit and anticipate when they are going to release something. 

Truthfully going back to renting an area from other players less stress and I can do what I want and have what I want.

Edited by tootsiepop1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.