When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't think it was the same. I teleported out, but checked the map, and a green dot appeared there before I posted here. I have seen some houses and a boat.

I got one a house boat i am a happy camper lol

Edited by FyreRose
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, Nikki Mathieson said:

is it unlikely that there will be anymore releases this week since there's already been 3?

I don't think anyone can say for sure, only Patch himself. There's still a firmly held belief releases happen Mon, Wed and Friday but as we've seen they happen any weekday and at any time during the working day (assuming that leaves enough time for the team to troubleshoot before they log and go home for the day). The only caveat to this is that they don't release on weekends or public (US) holidays; at least that's the official spiel. Any other day is possible, we just have to wait and see.

You can gauge possible releases by keeping an eye on the map and looking for some clues; what colour the markers are around the region or if it's gone completely, if the hovertext is still visible at each parcel or again it's not visible, if the region has been named, if the green placeholder homes are still in place or you can see one style home (or boat), and the general connectivity of roads and pathways etc. Then there's the usual looking to see where the majority of residents are camped or hovering (as they attempt to guess which region they think will be released) and wait for that region to restart, and that Patch or Derric Linden (or both) are spotted on the map. If all the above criteria is met a release is usually imminent. On top of this you sometimes have the added confirmation or hints in Bellisseria Community or Belliseria Citizens group chat in world that a new region has just been restarted or that Patch or Derric have been spotted. Put all that together and you can potentially increase your odds. It's not a guarantee of course. We're all just guessing.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Forgot a point.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I don't think anyone can say for sure, only Patch himself. There's still a firmly held belief releases happen Mon, Wed and Friday but as we've seen they happen any weekday and at any time during the working day (assuming that leaves enough time for the team to troubleshoot before they log and go home for the day). The only caveat to this is that they don't release on weekends or public (US) holidays; at least that's the official spiel. Any other day is possible, we just have to wait and see.

You can gauge possible releases by keeping an eye on the map and looking for some clues; what colour the markers are around the region or if it's gone completely, if the hovertext is still visible at each parcel or again it's not visible, if the region has been named, if the green placeholder homes are still in place or you can see one style home (or boat), and the general connectivity of roads and pathways etc. Then there's the usual looking to see where the majority of residents are camped or hovering (as they attempt to guess which region they think will be released) and wait for that region to restart, and that Patch or Derric Linden (or both) are spotted on the map. If all the above criteria is met a release is usually imminent. On top of this you sometimes have the added confirmation or hints in Bellisseria Community or Belliseria Citizens group chat in world that a new region has just been restarted or that Patch or Derric have been spotted. Put all that together and you can potentially increase your odds. It's not a guarantee of course. We're all just guessing.

It IS about increasing odds. I sniffed Tuesday and Wednesday releases (I was hoping they would be earlier as it tips into 10pm terrritory for me and as you can see from my reporting I am often online at 6am my time and throughout a 16 hour period). I DO have a busy life but I do work from home online so there's that. If you only search an hour a day atm you might see something but you probably will not. I refresh past trad homes all day. Sometimes they go instantly other times they take up to a minute to disappear. HBs usually go in a snap! But on Tuesday I got the same HB 3 times in 15 minutes. I logged off because I didn't want it to circle round again  and then they released those HBs I had sniffed. 

I agree with this weekdays yes. Weekends nothing except very rare chance of an abandoned home. I would add that follow the release patterns -  if the most recent was early then it will def be balanced out and the next one will be later or middle of the day. They are often but not always on the hour or on the half hour. I caught the Siros boat (lovely - by the steps whoever caught that!) first time yesterday because I waited for the half hour marker and queued up my ten refreshes so I was a the start of the cycle and I saw them on the dot. This hour/half hour marker isn't what always happens it is just something I have noticed about releases in the past 8 weeks and has helped in my method to get homes during 5 releases. 

If you are prepared to put LOTS of time in do the following to increase your chances of getting a release... (if not or if you can't then save yourself the worry / energy and wait for a few months)....and be prepared for everything I've written to change!

Decide if you want a trad or HB.

Decide what landscaping you want.

Go to the mini map and locate new regions that are un released that fit what you want.

Keep an eye on them until they have the homes set and the lettering up.

Go to the region at this point and pick your favourite spot. 

Draw yourself a tiny map on some paper, circle your plot and point an arrow to it. Put this next to your computer where you refresh.

Using all the "suspected release knowledge"! focus in on that region and your plot. Def be aware of when all the lettering etc disappears. 

Be available for refreshing many hours on suspected release weekdays and open this thread to ensure you have all the latest reporting. 

Don't go inworld - it all gets onto this thread and don't stand on a plot during a release. All the standing on plots must be done in prep and not during a release. All eyes on the land page for that release!

Open this thread and keep it open as the reporting here will indicate if you are on the right track. The Lindens chatting / moving / doing stuff IS them preparing but I do think they tinker about on purpose so as far as I can tell it signals a release day but not an exact time. 

Good luck!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

The only caveat to this is that they don't release on weekends or public (US) holidays; at least that's the official spiel.

Actually, Derrick came in on Labor Day (US holiday, Mon Sep 2nd) and released Porthole. 

I think they like to mix things up to give folks from different populations a chance at the new releases.  Not because new regions are necessarily better, but maybe they know it's kind of a rush to score during a release.  And new releases offer the chance to get a parcel so great that it would not often come up as an abandon.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Actually, Derrick came in on Labor Day (US holiday, Mon Sep 2nd) and released Porthole. 

I think they like to mix things up to give folks from different populations a chance at the new releases.  Not because new regions are necessarily better, but maybe they know it's kind of a rush to score during a release.  And new releases offer the chance to get a parcel so great that it would not often come up as an abandon.

Makes sense. I know there's been a lot said on releases, and a lot of criticisms regarding the release protocol and why the team have decided to go this route. Amidst all that somewhere was mentioned how weekends and holidays weren't likely candidates for region releases due to the fact they required a team effort to release and couldn't guarantee everyone would be available at the same times to hit that proverbial "go" button. But we've also seen that sometimes the LDPW say one thing and do another. A good rule of thumb to keep in mind with all this (regarding homes and region releases) is to expect the unexpected. I'm pretty sure Patch and the team actually enjoy keeping us on our toes somewhat. ;) 

• Like 5

I just yoinked the Bellaire one...

Given the time frame, it seems to be every hour that it updates?

EDIT: Nevermind it's trash there's a linden works tree floating 3 inches off the ground >this is obviously a joke.<

Not the tree part, that's real.

EDIT 2: Highlighted and pointed out a VERY IMPORTANT PART IN THIS POST.

Edited by Marth Coberts
People can't read, apparently.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Marth Coberts said:

EDIT: Nevermind it's trash there's a linden works tree floating 3 inches off the ground this is obviously a joke.

You (or if you've abandoned it, whoever gets it next) could put in a ticket about the tree. That's the sort of thing that's a quick fix if the parcel is otherwise good.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Cricket Portland said:

While we are all here for help in spotting homes, I have this question:  Since we are sharing Bellisseria with neighbors from around the world, will we be crashing into each other on the streets with our vehicles since some of us drive on the right side and some of us drive on the left?

15 hours ago, Edwards Perry said:

since driving in Belli is a nightmare anyway ..it will not matter 

That's why I use my roller skates.. to easily get off the road! Though I just got a banana horse. Have not tried it yet though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marth Coberts said:

I just yoinked the Bellaire one...

Given the time frame, it seems to be every hour that it updates?

EDIT: Nevermind it's trash there's a linden works tree floating 3 inches off the ground this is obviously a joke.

Moles are just humans, they can do mistakes. They respond quick to tickets, I think this was a bit unfair.😕

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

I am here right now http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Picards Wharf/225/219/22

Sitting on dock of the bay....

I Iike the dock boxes on Picards Wharf. It is larger group of Houseboats than I thought.      

We are now thinking about the next release.  RIver Run, Picards Wharf and Sebek Houseboats. 

River Run on Friday possibly.

Double amount of Houseboats on next Monday maybe.   

It works for me.   Or they can have a triple Release whenever they want!   ☺️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

You are right RIver Run, Picards Wharf and Sebek are the only regions left that are named but not yet released.

High time they should NAME a few more regions.

And high time they should upload the camper- regions ... they can do the fine polishing while we watch!

... like with the Sqishy Pickle ... remeber? ... *hums* "Those were the days my friend"...

47798524112_a8bbb507a3_b.jpg
Watchduck by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You are right RIver Run, Picards Wharf and Sebek are the only regions left that are named but not yet released.

And high time they should upload the camper- regions ... they can do the fine polishing while we watch!

like with nhe Sqishy Pickle ... remeber? ... *hums* "Those were the days my friend"...

I think Patch Team and Moles will put the Camper's Clubhouse on Limevale before the rest of it.  They could do that soon.   I don't think the campers will arrive until after these Home and Houseboats are finished. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

... like with the Sqishy Pickle ... remeber? ... *hums* "Those were the days my friend"...

47798524112_a8bbb507a3_b.jpg
Watchduck by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

I saw you going by on that! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

I just saw two houseboats ... single ones ... 5:38 and 5:45 SLT

It's possible that they could be the same one :o 

1 minute ago, Josephine Fairport said:

And I wasted a perfectly good cup of coffee in my mad stabbing at the mouse trying to snatch it. And look, another went by as I typed this... Excuse me while I go get changed and toss my jeans in the wash!

Oh dear! It's okay ❤️ you'll get your perfect one next time, just keep trying and be positive! 🙂 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.