Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Maiden Constantine said:

Great, so I missed out again.  What burns me up is people on these forums 'bragging' how they already have a new home but are using their alts to try to get a better area.  So they are basically grabbing houses and throwing them back.  That makes it even more difficult for those of us who haven't gotten a home yet.  It would be nice if those who already got one could maybe wait until the hype dies down a bit.  I guess greed and disregard go hand in hand.

How exactly does someone catching and releasing houses keep you from getting one? 

More to the point, if you want others to stop the practice, being snide is unlikely to inspire anyone to give up a spare home so you can possibly get it. Kinda makes me want to send some alts in to grab a few more. ;)

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wish people wouldn't jump all over those who post an opinion different from their own.  People who try hard to get a home without any luck, looking at those who have more than one (and still trying for more), have every right to be unhappy. Its a legitimate reaction.  There's no need to try to make them feel guilty--they feel what they feel, just as you do.  With all the talk of community feeling, it would be nice if we could all accept these differences gracefully. And just let it be.

 

Stepping off my soapbox now

Edited by GinaFreumann
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GinaFreumann said:

I wish people wouldn't jump all over those who post an opinion different from their own.  People who try hard to get a home without any luck, looking at those who have more than one, have every right to be unhappy. Its a legitimate reaction.  There's no need to try to make them feel guilty--they feel what they feel, just as you do.  With all the talk of community feeling, it would be nice if we could all accept these differences gracefully. And just let it be.

 

Stepping off my soapbox now

Wouldn't it be just as nice if those same people did not try to make the ones who have a home (or homes) feel guilty, or call them greedy, or any of the other insults that get thrown out there by some people? 

That is never going to be well-received and I can't imagine why someone would think it would be. 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wouldn't it be just as nice if those same people did not try to make the ones who have a home (or homes) feel guilty, or call them greedy, or any of the other insults that get thrown out there by some people? 

That is never going to be well-received and I can't imagine why someone would think it would be. 

When you attack those few who complain, it makes it look like you feel a little guilty, trying to justify "taking 3 cookies while others go without".  Yes, not everyone will agree with all you do, you can be big enough to let them express their opinions.  Answering them once or twice is understandable, but going on page after page is really unfriendly.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

When you attack those few who complain, it makes it look like you feel a little guilty

they aren't attacked, just pointed at their snowflake behaviour, i don't think people with more than one home/boat really feel guilty about it.. i know i wouldn't, and most likley would consider my alts going premium too, it's too crowded on the family boat now, so many people who want to tuse the one bedroom. not very comfortable.
 

27 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

 going on page after page is really unfriendly.

indeed!...they keep going on, page after page, while it's explained hundreds of times how the releases work and even in what schedule the small releases take place.

It;s said a few times already, if people need emotional help they need a shrink or other therapy, but for technical issues people can count on the forums. ... pick the one that's most fitting here...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@GinaFreumann I don't feel guilty at all for having a house due to the fact I watched for months on end for any mention of the new houses and I happened to find out 2 hours after the release of the first batch. It was just a case of checking out the forums and social media for any mention. Plus I certainly won't feel at all guilty if I do get a house with my paying alt. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

they aren't attacked, just pointed at their snowflake behaviour, i don't think people with more than one home/boat really feel guilty about it.. i know i wouldn't, and most likley would consider my alts going premium too, it's too crowded on the family boat now, so many people who want to tuse the one bedroom. not very comfortable.
 

indeed!...they keep going on, page after page, while it's explained hundreds of times how the releases work and even in what schedule the small releases take place.

It;s said a few times already, if people need emotional help they need a shrink or other therapy, but for technical issues people can count on the forums. ... pick the one that's most fitting here...

Four or 5 immediate negative answers to an op, especially one who is new to the forums can feel like an attack.  How would you feel?  And your use of "snowflake" is a prime example, just putting someone down.  I think the "hundreds of times" are not done by one person, but many posters.  I'm seeing more of these opinions as the days go by.  I typically read extensively in a forum before I post so as not to make duplicates, but I understand not everyone does.  I certainly don't slam them for not being familiar with forums.  Your last paragraph is, sadly, an aggressive tone I've seen to many times. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Layla Claven said:

@GinaFreumann I don't feel guilty at all for having a house due to the fact I watched for months on end for any mention of the new houses and I happened to find out 2 hours after the release of the first batch. It was just a case of checking out the forums and social media for any mention. Plus I certainly won't feel at all guilty if I do get a house with my paying alt. 

I don't think anyone thinks you should feel guilty for getting a Bell home, least of all me.  I'd like one someday, & I'm very happy for you.  You'll notice, those complaints are for people who have several.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt kinda stink cos I have a house in a nice area that sits empty and is used as somewhere for me to park and chat. I dont have a PC atm so I'm on lumiya. I was going to give it up but I've found it's actually a great spot plus I've decorated it already, in my head... lol

I wont feel guilty when I get my houseboat either, even though that will sit empty like the house. There have been many times I could have claimed  another house but I've chosen not to do so as I dont want another traditional house just yet. Id like a houseboat first. After that, I'm probably going to make a couple of more alts premium to see if I can get better spots. It's all about location!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

I felt kinda stink cos I have a house in a nice area that sits empty and is used as somewhere for me to park and chat. I dont have a PC atm so I'm on lumiya. I was going to give it up but I've found it's actually a great spot plus I've decorated it already, in my head... lol

I wont feel guilty when I get my houseboat either, even though that will sit empty like the house. There have been many times I could have claimed  another house but I've chosen not to do so as I dont want another traditional house just yet. Id like a houseboat first. After that, I'm probably going to make a couple of more alts premium to see if I can get better spots. It's all about location!

Personally I don't think people need to explain why their house sits empty.  It is your house and you can do what you want as long as you follow the covenant.   You can take as long as you want decorating it.

And people shouldn't feel guilty or be made to feel guilty because they have multiple premium accounts and they have multiple houses.   They paid for their premium.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, karynmaria said:

Personally I don't think people need to explain why their house sits empty.  It is your house and you can do what you want as long as you follow the covenant.   You can take as long as you want decorating it.

And people shouldn't feel guilty or be made to feel guilty because they have multiple premium accounts and they have multiple houses.   They paid for their premium.

You know, I'm guilty of jumping on the bandwagon at the start when the first initial batch of homes were released. There were a lot of people disappointed then too (of course), and seeing so many empty houses around me made me question why there was a great rush by some to claim a house only to leave it empty. Then I stopped and realised, beyond the fact that it's personal choice (and yes, as Premium members we are all entitled to use our space how we wish so long as it abides by the ToS), that empty houses are also a good thing once you are actually in-world at ground level.

The less there is to see, the less our computers have to struggle to render and process. I didn't realise that so many larger textures can have such an adverse effect in producing lag; I always blamed scripts or other avatars for that (though they also do create lag, the point is I never considered the textures did too but now I know better thanks to @Chic Aeon's advice). I'm currently learning about other aspects of optimisation too (thanks to @Penny Patton's blog) that I had no clue about in all my years in SL. While I'm pretty sure a lot of other people don't know or care about such things, how we decorate and what we rez has a flow-on effect on region performance for us and our neighbours as well.

So it feels like a kind of balance has to be struck between; "Do I really need to be surrounded by anything just for the sake of it?", or "Do I want to have less lag slowing me down?"

I'm okay with empty houses (or even people being in skyboxes above out-of-sight) if it means being able to freely move around the continent without rubber-banding/excess lag. While everyone wants a shiny new house, it won't mean much if we can't get out of them to explore the rest of the continent as intended.

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit. And by golly, just keep editing! Actually, typos.
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wouldn't it be just as nice if those same people did not try to make the ones who have a home (or homes) feel guilty, or call them greedy, or any of the other insults that get thrown out there by some people? 

You forgot;  wouldn't it be nice if people who come to the forums to complain about the homes,  the lack of homes, the empty homes etc etc etc,  actually READ the forums and see there is no need to start yet another thread about the same thing.  

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You forgot;  wouldn't it be nice if people who come to the forums to complain about the homes,  the lack of homes, the empty homes etc etc etc,  actually READ the forums and see there is no need to start yet another thread about the same thing.  

Didn't forget 😉   I read excessively before I jump in lol.  My favorite job  years ago was mostly research ,  so it comes naturally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

Didn't forget 😉   I read excessively before I jump in lol.  My favorite job  years ago was mostly research ,  so it comes naturally

I was quoting @Sylvia Tamalyn not you :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

When you attack those few who complain, it makes it look like you feel a little guilty, trying to justify "taking 3 cookies while others go without".  Yes, not everyone will agree with all you do, you can be big enough to let them express their opinions.  Answering them once or twice is understandable, but going on page after page is really unfriendly.

I do not feel guilty at all. I have eight Premium accounts. I do not have eight new homes.

However, the more people say what big meanies those of us are who have two homes, or who play catch and release, or who leave their home empty, or who expect people use the bare minimum of forum courtesy by reading the 100 other threads complaining before they start thread number 101 on the SAME topic... well, it's tempting to start refreshing with all my accounts just to earn my label. :)

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the empty home whiners: Do you  know WHY the property  sits empty? What if the owner is on chemo and having that house sitting waiting for them gives them hope and a tiny measure of joy?

Did you pay their premium fee?

Did they unplug your modem just as the houses were released?

Get a grip.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

To the empty home whiners: Do you  know WHY the property  sits empty? What if the owner is on chemo and having that house sitting waiting for them gives them hope and a tiny measure of joy?

Or they are just hunting the holy grail somewhere in the middle east, and they absolutly need a place to show it to the public!!!
#whataboutismsucks #sarcasm

Edited by Celina Lavecchia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Celina Lavecchia said:

Or they are just hunting the holy grail somewhere in the middle east, and they absolutly need a place to show it to the public!!!
#whataboutismsucks #sarcasm

Cam's point is valid. People judging others for not having decorated their homes have NO idea why the home is not decorated. And it's not their business anyway. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your comment Celina reminds me of the old saying "Better to remain silent...." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Cam's point is valid. People judging others for not having decorated their homes have NO idea why the home is not decorated. And it's not their business anyway. :)

The main reason might be valid. people who got a new house got a new house. thats luck. nothing else. and its their own choice what they do with their new home.

But to think up any stories why someone did not set up his house is not needed.  to make the whole on the sympathy track, in my eyes totally wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people need to remember that each of us are here to voice our opinions, even if we tend to disagree with others. 

Complaining about people complaining isn't helpful. There are better ways to communicate. Maturity means taking the higher road even if someone else doesn't.

If you're still waiting for a house; try and be patient a little longer. It's frustrating but you will get one eventually. It just won't happen when you want it because you want it.

If you already have a house and all your alts have one too, that's your right. But a little compassion would go a long way.

This isn't a competition. People need to take a breath and calm down. We're all here to have fun, or supposed to be. Be right or be happy, but negativity breeds negativity either way.

cant-we-all-just-get-along-rock-paper-scissors--funny-tshirt-large.png.9489b1f8468fa54d086f57549d3aeaa6.png

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really puzzled why someone would want to gift wrap dog poop--- then realized rock, paper ....

2 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

cant-we-all-just-get-along-rock-paper-scissors--funny-tshirt-large.png.9489b1f8468fa54d086f57549d3aeaa6.png

 

 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cam Mode said:

I was really puzzled why someone would want to gift wrap dog poop--- then realized rock, paper ....

 

Don't get ideas for housewarming "presents" 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...