Jump to content

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I doubt that we are talking about the same house. I abandoned Edgar 203 144 - is that really your's?

As far as I know and experienced the moles never change the landscaping of a region allready released - even if you ask them to. Is that correct @Quartz Mole ? or might moles have taken away that bench?

It's very unlikely we would change the landscaping or decoration on a region that's passed QA (which, by definition, includes any region that's been released) other than to fix something that was broken.    I can't easily think of any circumstances in which we would have removed a bench from a public area, though I'm not involved in region decoration.   

 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Leora Jacobus

    1476

  • Chloe Dolores

    1183

  • Sylvia Tamalyn

    1056

  • Fay Starlight

    810

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to clear this up:   Last week, I said "Not this week, or next week".   That now refers to the week of 22 March through 28 March.  I also said "thousands" as in over 4000. I don't know, may

I've died and gone to Bellessaria Heaven. My new place is better than I could have imagined. Roads on 3 sides, with an edge of protected land so it gives the illusion my yard is huge. A river mou

I got a home ! 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

It's very unlikely we would change the landscaping or decoration on a region that's passed QA (which, by definition, includes any region that's been released) other than to fix something that was broken.    I can't easily think of any circumstances in which we would have removed a bench from a public area, though I'm not involved in region decoration.  

Taking a look at the region, I don't think anything moved as I found both houses. I figured they couldn't be the same house, because this isn't just a few landscaping bits changed... the whole orientation of the houses to the road isn't the same and the front paths are different as a result.

The house in the first screenshot was claimed by someone else. However, that house is not at the stated coordinates which are visible in the first screenshot. It's a few houses down the road (though still backing onto the lake). The house in the second screenshot is at the stated coordinates, but clearly isn't the one that was pictured in the first screenshot. Both houses were claimed on the same day, so it's likely they were released at similar times, just by cooincidence.

So the mystery is why the coordinates were wrong. It could be done by standing a few houses over and camming in for a picture, but otherwise, who knows. It does mean the bench is still there for anyone to visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Edgar/181/67/33

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

Taking a look at the region, I don't think anything moved as I found both houses. I figured they couldn't be the same house, because this isn't just a few landscaping bits changed... the whole orientation of the houses to the road isn't the same and the front paths are different as a result.

The house in the first screenshot was claimed by someone else. However, that house is not at the stated coordinates which are visible in the first screenshot. It's a few houses down the road (though still backing onto the lake). The house in the second screenshot is at the stated coordinates, but clearly isn't the one that was pictured in the first screenshot. Both houses were claimed on the same day, so it's likely they were released at similar times, just by cooincidence.

So the mystery is why the coordinates were wrong. It could be done by standing a few houses over and camming in for a picture, but otherwise, who knows. It does mean the bench is still there for anyone to visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Edgar/181/67/33

 

Now that makes a lot more sense than Moles sneaking in during the night to move furniture around (though that would be awesome if they did prank like that). 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Taking a look at the region, I don't think anything moved as I found both houses. I figured they couldn't be the same house, because this isn't just a few landscaping bits changed... ... It does mean the bench is still there for anyone to visit: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Edgar/181/67/33

 

Thank you so much! I must have been mistaken about the coordinates! When I looked at the house I've caught and decided to leave it in all the turmoil I must have mistaken it for another nearby house! That is what happens when some people here ask you for not only announcing that you will be abandoning a house but also provide a photo, an adress and a description. My fault! smilie_girl_066.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Now that makes a lot more sense than Moles sneaking in during the night to move furniture around (though that would be awesome if they did prank like that). 

I've sometimes heard it's wise to be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Haha 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish they would release once on a weekend lol for the people who have to work all week and cant get to a computer or use cell phones to access SL land site during those times. however I had a place that I let go and should had kept a hold of it, which that is totally my fault. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You've been right @Dicey Monday and I was wrong! It is the same house and the moles did change the landscaping!

I just went inworld - inspite of my lousy hotspot and tons of LAG that make me hardly able to move. And I took some pictures (which takes AGES due to very weak connection) and I found this looks alltogether very nice and I would have kept it if I didn't allready have another house in Sorensen on the westcoast which is nearer to some real seashore. And SEASHORE is what I aim at not a pond, lake, river.

image.thumb.jpeg.dd764808d332bc1a834873755f35fa17.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0fabfe6d94ae58a6d8bcb2d4b2ae83aa.jpeg

PS: Now I realize it was you I have been talking to inworld just now, intruding in your home following my landmark. Thanks for wellcoming me instead of ejecting me and enjoy this nice home! :)

.... and by the way: if you miss the fences I think they are in your Bellisseria content package that you can extract from your mailbox.

 

No worries - I was poking furniture around here and there, trying to fit my concept into place. Realized I still need a piece but for now it works. I figured you had a landmark to just appear next to me LOL! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stross region looks like this

From Stross view, backyard of my Home is seen.   It's only from my yard I can't see that direction unless I walk into those trees on Stross.  I need some help to fix this. It wasn't like this when I first got my home.  There is small path on Passwall behind my home and the neighbors, then it's Stross.   That small path was lowered and then this viewing problem from my yard has occured. 

 

Snapshot 6_001_001.png

Snapshot 3_001.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shield Markus said:

Stross region looks like this

From Stross view, backyard of my Home is seen.   It's only from my yard I can't see that direction unless I walk into those trees on Stross.  I need some help to fix this. It wasn't like this when I first got my home.  There is small path on Passwall behind my home and the neighbors, then it's Stross.   That small path was lowered and then this viewing problem from my yard has occured. 

 

Snapshot 6_001_001.png

Snapshot 3_001.png

Did you manage to sort it out? I’m assuming relogging didn’t help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juliet Ducrot said:

Did you manage to sort it out? I’m assuming relogging didn’t help?

No it's not a viewer problem. I can walk to Stross or behind those Homes into Rothacker, looks loaded from my yard.  A moment later it all disappears.  It's a land issue that's constant now.

Edited by Shield Markus
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

No it's not a viewer problem. I can walk to Stross or behind those Homes into Rothacker, looks loaded from my yard.  A moment later it all disappears.  It's a land issue that's constant now.

Weird! Hope it gets sorted. Looks like a beautiful area for what it’s worth!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you have tried other viewers and got the same result, then it's time to file a ticket if you haven't already done so. 

Lindens were on the fix at my house because it was leaning to the right. Still is a bit. That ticket is over.  I think the House leaning happened when the land behind the house was lowered. When I first got the house the land was flat and everything was fine to see over there on Stross.  I use Firestorm, I will try the SL viewer.  

 

Same missing Stross view with Linden Lab viewer.  

Edited by Shield Markus
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

Lindens were on the fix at my house because it was leaning to the right. Still is a bit. That ticket is over.  I think the House leaning happened when the land behind the house was lowered. When I first got the house the land was flat and everything was fine to see over there on Stross.  I use Firestorm, I will try the SL viewer.  

 

Same missing Stross view with Linden Lab viewer.  

It sounds like you need to file a new ticket.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Juliet Ducrot said:

Caught a houseboat on Doran about 10 mins ago. Nice outlook but very laggy and in a highly concentrated Houseboat area. Released but hasn’t gone straight back into the pool. Hopefully someone with a better connection can enjoy it.

From my own experience (with a decent connection) and from what I've read elsewhere, lag seems to be more of a problem with the houseboats than the houses, which is why I'm going to pursue a house in tomorrow's clicking exercise - all of the ready-to-be-released regions have nice topography and coastline, and having wandered through all 5 of those regions , I'll be happy if I get any of the houses (and ecstatic if I get one of the ones in Porthole). But there are also lots of houseboats coming up in all but Limevale.

Edited by Alumna Cornell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shield Markus said:

Ticket with those pictures created just now 

For what it's worth, I've often seen this kind of behavior at points where the corners of four regions meet. I don't know if that's the case for your location, though, since I'm not familiar with that area. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...